Notices

Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club...

Old 02-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club...

First off, I have to thank Sean, Jason and the rest of the guys at Torque Freaks in Portland, Oregon. They are a great group of guys... Today was a great day Also I'd like to thanks InfamousRS for the time he has contributed to this project. Not quite 300whp like I originally hoped, but I'm very happy
I didn't want to push this car until it hit 300. 1, because of the boost controller issues. 2, because of the time and money I've put into this project.

**EDIT** The issues with Groundzero Motorsports have been resolved

Tune was done on pump gas. We were still having spiking issues with the turbo xs boost controller The wastegate has a .8bar spring and without the boost controller, boost is steady as a rock. With it, the boost creeps up then drops back down 2psi around 6K+ So I'm going to have to invest in a good boost controller. That is probably one of the reasons the power wasn't a little higher. Doesn't help I have a cheap crappy boost gauge. The 273whp run was with about (16psi falling to 14psi). Setup is here http://www.5thgencivic.com/myride.htm

This tune is nice and conservative. The way I wanted it. I might end up running 14psi daily after I get the boost to stop spiking. The pull feels very linear. It spools fast and gradually comes in(hard to explain). It rips once it hits about 5,500. On street tires, it breaks them loose in 2nd at around 5k or so. I'll find out if it does in 3rd when I turn the boost down a little(hitting boost cut). I'll also get the video footage edited up and post it up The first chart the torque lines are kind of hard to see. So I darkened them in a little on the 2nd sheet so they could be seen a little better My scanner didn't pick it up too good. Here are the pics. click on the thumbs. Thanks for looking

Modified by 5thgencivic at 6:26 AM 3/21/2004
Old 02-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (5thgencivic)

Those numbers are looking good. Another reason im goin SOHC turbo.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (5thgencivic)

how much do they charge to tune??? i may need some tunning done also... nice numbers....
Old 02-13-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (SPOON_BeIgHtEeNsEe)

Hey, Nate, it was a pleasure meeting you this morning. Thanks for being patient with us while we got a couple cars on/off the dyno before yours. And that's right...we forgot to change the boost cut in the end. The next time you bring your car in, we'll take care of that really quickly. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your car or the tune, please let me know. Take care!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (Sean McElderry)

Nice to meet you as well. No problem on the boost cut, that will give me a reason to turn the boost down a bit

SPOON_BeIgHtEeNsEe they charge $100 an hour for power tuning on the dyno.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice seems like good customer service too .
Old 02-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (roydogg)

Nice numbers, glad to hear horsepower freaks is getting there name out and has happy customers. I need to stop by and visit, see what there place looks like now since it should have more stuff in it then the last time I went.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (illusive)

dope deal, glad to see you guys are happy after this tune, ryan called me and told me about the one at ground zero but i would expect that from him
Old 02-14-2004, 05:28 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (eddiecut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eddiecut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the one at ground zero but i would expect that from him </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL
Old 02-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great numbers Nate, congrats on the hard work, your set up is killer
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ELSpool)

Must be that "slick" manifold helping with those insane torque numbers
Although, Im sure most of it is the D engine...
Killer numbers though! I bet that pulls nice
Old 02-14-2004, 08:18 AM

Nate is right, Torque/HP freaks are great guys...I wasnt able to make the dyno session yesterday, but I did stop by last week with Nate to check the shop out...I have to say they have some of the best customer service of just about any shop I have ever been in (much better then same other shops in the area, no names )...Their facility is also VERY clean...

I didn't get a chace to ride in Nates car last night, but I did last week when it was at 240. Let me tell you, that car pulls! Nate just needs to invest in some suspension...that things a death trap with stock suspension, stock tires...lol
Old 02-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (InfamousRS)

It sure is a death trap, lol 3rd gear the car wants to go all over the road... I'll take you for a ride next time I'm over.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:26 AM

Props on a sick setup and more importantly for posting thumbnails! If only more people would realize not everyone wants to wait for their gargantuan pics to load!

BTW if you're reading this and it sounds like you take notes ********.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (RedlinedVTEC)

Old 02-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (RedlinedVTEC)

Hehe, I'm on 56K and I know others are too so I always try to post thumbs

Well, I tried out a hallman MBC that InfamousRS let me try and it holds rock solid at 14psi. I had it with me and should have used it at the dyno I figured it would creep too, but I was wrong.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Got tuned by Torque Freaks today! Almost part of the 300 club... (SPOON_BeIgHtEeNsEe)

Hey, Nate, it was a pleasure meeting you this morning. Thanks for being patient with us while we got a couple cars on/off the dyno before yours. And that's right...we forgot to change the boost cut in the end. The next time you bring your car in, we'll take care of that really quickly. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your car or the tune, please let me know. Take care!
Old 02-15-2004, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlinedVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Props on a sick setup and more importantly for posting thumbnails! If only more people would realize not everyone wants to wait for their gargantuan pics to load!

BTW if you're reading this and it sounds like you take notes ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

F'in right!