Notices

Got street tuned...waiting for dyno tuning. What power increase to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got street tuned...waiting for dyno tuning. What power increase to expect?

I have a sleeved 81mm B16 motor that has 9:1 compression and a 50 trim with 63ar t3/t4 for starters. I took it to get dyno'd, and we ran into some problems, and by the time we fixed the problems, we only got to street tune. So i have a real good tune as of right now, but he hasnt even messed with my ignition timing to get it where it makes the max amount of power. My question is what kind of increase will/should i see when we get the timing dialed in? Anybody out there dealt with the before and after affects of timing?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got street tuned...waiting for dyno tuning. What power increase to expect? (kameleon23)

Well hopefully your timing is "dialed in" for your present tune. Timing will really start to play a role more as boost is gradually turned up. So form the sounds of it, I would say that your tune today was a low boost run maybe around 10 PSI. Now if you give a little moredetail on the set up and how much boost you plan on running, there will be someone on here that can tell you a ballpark number. But every set up reacts different, apples and oranges you know.

Your tuner should competent enough to explain this to you, and pretty much guide you as he is tuning it. That's what the tuner is there for, ask him questions.

Good luck,

Jason
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Got street tuned...waiting for dyno tuning. What power increase to expect? (SFWD 1934)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFWD 1934 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well hopefully your timing is "dialed in" for your present tune. Timing will really start to play a role more as boost is gradually turned up. So form the sounds of it, I would say that your tune today was a low boost run maybe around 10 PSI. Now if you give a little moredetail on the set up and how much boost you plan on running, there will be someone on here that can tell you a ballpark number. But every set up reacts different, apples and oranges you know.

Your tuner should competent enough to explain this to you, and pretty much guide you as he is tuning it. That's what the tuner is there for, ask him questions.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had it tuned a few weeks ago, and im making an appointment to get it dyno'd the next time. My tuner is well known on honda-tech, and i havent really wanted to bother him because i know he is very busy. We did street pulls up to 16 lbs on pump gas, and that was all he wanted to do. As for how much i want to do, i want at least 360 horsepower with this turbo. My ignition was set, but it was set very conservative. I was just curious to how much a difference i would feel with just ignition timing. I know its somewhat apples and oranges, but im eager to hear what others think too.