Notices

Got boost creep, boost spiking, boost taper? Free dyno time

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (DfwBB6)

Why not just have one of the SFWD racers that own a dyno do the test?

This way there is miss leading information. (not saying anyone would do this, it is one less thing for someone to cry about)

10psi test
15psi test
20pst test
all off of spring

then do one with a ebc - to see if this changes anything

44 vs 44
or
38 vs 38
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cluelessmale)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cluelessmale &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
44 vs 44
or
38 vs 38</TD></TR></TABLE>

problem with that is there is no 44 and 38 synapse
it's a 50 and a 40

we have a 41mm and our 44 would be the closest to the 50mm - unless you wanted to use our 60mm
Old 10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TiAL)

lets stop the debates, you guys should just fight, just shut the expletive up...

i have a tial and i like tial, but im tired of hearing you argue your point... personally i dont think many people give a expletive, i sure dont...

Both of you guys are making yourselfs look stupid by arguing over the internet about your ******* wastegates, just let time be the judge of whos best or better, because frankly neither of you actually know which is.

for ******* up a thread that could have been good...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about that, I guess the test, in theory, always be bias is one way or another

Unless there is some sort of gentleman’s agreement for the test
Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cluelessmale)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cluelessmale &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry about that, I guess the test, in theory, always be bias is one way or another

Unless there is some sort of gentleman’s agreement for the test</TD></TR></TABLE>

this isnt japan
Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (tony413)

Tial...in all fairness, yes you did respond to my creep issue, but you opened the bag on the IP and "alter ego" business, which certainly began a spiral effect.

Also let it be known to readers that I was not specifically blaming the Tial gate on my creep issue, as Tial well knows being I've contacted him via PM about the issue in order to receive advice.

Tial, I like your stuff. Like I said the quality is excellent...every time. In my opinion, the Synapse gate has some things going for it....I think deep down you know it. You have things going for your product as well though, that Synapse doesn't. Your fully built in the USA, which is important to alot of people. You've also been around and have a very strong rep, and you've proven to have very good quality and customer service. You have what any business strives for, and your passionate about it...that's fine.

Your constant aggression towards Synapse though, in my eyes has degraded your products name. I think to myself, if this guy is working this hard, thread by thread, to cast doubt about Synapse as a product, and as a business owner, he's worried about something. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that feels this way.

You've had little true competition it seems like, and sure your worried a little. The best thing you can do though, is work to counter this new product with a product improvement of your own...something I'm sure your doing already. Just run your business bro, and do it honestly and admirably...why start a smear campaign?

I like Tial, and I like Synapse....I've had tons of Tials and I've never had a Synapse. I'd be cheating myself not to try a Synapse, plain and simple. If I put myself in the position as a consumer, I want the best, and I want value....I want it all.

Let's just be more respectful around here....and Tial help me out on that pm damn it
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to see some longterm results on the o-rings that are used in the Synapse products, especially the wastegates. I just can't picture them lasting.

Anyone have pics of the internals on the gate, bov? etc
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (RC000E)

You know, the thing is, what most people aren't seeing, is that TiAL is not the bad guy here. Synapse started the bit a long time ago, and is obviously not the good guy he pretends to be, as you can see by TiAL's sig. He's the guy in the movie that is trying to get with the girl and acts like an angel in front of her (you guys) while sticking his tongue out and flipping off TiAL when she (you guys) isn't looking...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:12 PM

did i just get called a she? lol jk. i have had my synapse stuff for a couple months and they have been working great for me. i hope they last long term, because i really am enjoying them now.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

I personally don't see anyone as the "bad" guy. It's just hard to see Tial as a "good" guy when he comes into Synapse's threads insighting arguement.

I'll admit, I know a little about the video's and other various shots taken from both sides, but I'm not as well versed as you or Tial. I think the fact is though, the sh*t needs to stop.

Synapse has taken shots, and so has Tial, it doesn't make either of them bad guys. I think most of us want to see some objective data though. That was the intention of this thread from Synapse's perspective. Sure Tial will think it is bias. Well, Tial, do some of your own!

Like I said, there is a way to have good healthy competition, and there is a way to have dirty bullsh*t competition.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DfwBB6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DfwBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG when will this ever stop...........</TD></TR></TABLE>

NEVAR!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally don't see anyone as the "bad" guy. It's just hard to see Tial as a "good" guy when he comes into Synapse's threads insighting arguement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's only defending his brand because Synapse is bad mouthing their product after mis using it in favor of their own.

I won't be surprised when Synapse comes out "on top" during their own tests, particularly resembling their TiAL bashing videos, but the "tests" will now be in dyno / A/F format. Likewise, I'd expect the same from TiAL considering all this whining and kicking I've been seeing.

And so it continues... the 07 TiAL-Synapse pissing contest

Internal gates and SSAC FTW
Old 10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (confucioussae)

the only thing that would concern me in thei example is when synapse tried claiming more power from their gate over the tial. but the boost logs show there was more boost. it's a no brainer. if the tests are done in a constan manner (psi for psi) then it will be fair. the years to come is what synapse has to sweat.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by confucioussae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He's only defending his brand because Synapse is bad mouthing their product after mis using it in favor of their own.

I won't be surprised when Synapse comes out "on top" during their own tests, particularly resembling their TiAL bashing videos, but the "tests" will now be in dyno / A/F format. Likewise, I'd expect the same from TiAL considering all this whining and kicking I've been seeing.

And so it continues... the 07 TiAL-Synapse pissing contest

Internal gates and SSAC FTW </TD></TR></TABLE>

our test will be done digitally, no unhooked vac lines, no poor design manifolds, wrong springs etc etc

it is raw data

we have nothing to hide or doctor, we arn't trying to build a reputation - just get the truth across
Old 10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

You know everyone keeps saying over and over that Tials responces are validating synapse product or whatever variation of that idea... man that is getting old. <U>In the end of all this bullshit run around there seems to be no real world useful data out there to prove the claims of the synapse gate (hence why this thread exsists to do testing now on us consumers)... which leaves you all only this repeating idea of what Tials responces to these Synapse threads REALLY means.</U>

I can see only few remember the videos, posts, and many other forums this all began from... hell why I would expect all the 3rd parties posting here to be informed about the whole story I dont know. Synapse started this by saying that tial and other legacy designs are basically garbage, which is obviously not true. PERIOD. I would expect that after a massive campaign of passive aggressive propaganda by synapse to push this idea to MANY forums and various media types on the internet, someone finally had enough and is slightly annoy'd about all the skewed/mis-information being passed around.

Continue to take whatever information is spoon fed to you now late in the game and suddenly form a ill-informed and incomplete opinion in true honda-tech fashion. I am glad Tial stands up for their product and does not just sit idle as others use these marketing tactics to sell gates with un-proven claims. Tials customer service was incredibly good and their product has been equally as good or better... thats why I stand by it and am glad I bought another on my new setup.

I better keep this short and just stop there or I fear I will lose the attention span of some people. I am sure I already did and wait for the impending comments of wisdom from those people. Flame away I am done here.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 4:21 PM 10/5/2007
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

our test will be done digitally, no unhooked vac lines, no poor design manifolds, wrong springs etc etc

it is raw data

we have nothing to hide or doctor, we arn't trying to build a reputation - just get the truth across</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is what I am looking for. Some people put the wastegate is the weirdest places.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is what I am looking for. Some people put the wastegate is the weirdest places.</TD></TR></TABLE>
when you can remove a wastegate completely (the runner to the WG is completely open) and you can still build 13psi on a 2.0w/gt35, something is very wrong LOL
Old 10-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by confucioussae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Internal gates and SSAC FTW </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh no you just didn't ......

The secret owner of SSAC after reading this thread---&gt;
Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Stop posting video of me and my womenz...