Notices

Is this a good deal? Need opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal? Need opinions please

i have 3500 to supercharge my car.....i was gonna go turbo i think id rather ahve supercharger and be safe.......anyway........since im kinda on a budget ive been looking for either a used jackson racing in good shape but i live in delaware and no one around he has anything to do with hondas.......so i found this link on ebay....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem .......just trying to figure out if its a good deal or what.........id appreciate the info......

BTW its goin on a 94 ex w/ a B16A .......plan on getting RC 440 injectors and a exedy stage 2 clutch......
Old 01-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the turbo kit. they are just as safe, its just tuning. and if u ever want more out of it, you can always upgrade the turbo, u are limited with a supercharger.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Garage 808 Hatch)

i would go turbo as well. but if you MUST have a supercharger, i would pick vortech any day of the week over jackson. vortech is just a lot better in terms of reliability, power and ease.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: (zeimbo)

thanks guys i really appreciate the information .......this is my first thread hopin i would get flamed lol but no i just remembered that a friend of mine had a vortech that he bought for his 99 si but he totaled the car before the charger was delievered .........long story short he got home from the hospital with a package on his front door.......since then he hasnt had another honda so its just been sitting.......i gave him a call and he still has everything for it......he said it has absolutly everything down tot he directions and the stickers all still in the box and he said he'd sell it to me for $1000 so ima go ahead and take that........thanks again for the help
Old 01-29-2007, 02:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (HatchWithBlades)

anytime, im sure you will be much more pleased with vortech than going with a jackson racing. i would change out your rods and pistons and then go with a higher psi pulley and gtfg
Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So if you FI guys can give me some input on this stuff I'd appreciate it. I'm 100% unfamiliar with superchargers. OP is my little cousin and I'm trying to help him get everything he needs.

So he'll be picking the Vortech up this friday, not sure what all is coming with it. The motor is staying stock internally. Are vortech's the same as jrsc in terms of boost? 7lbs, 9lbs, and so on? He already has a p28, obviously he'll need something to tune with, which will wait until we find a competent tuner. He's going to need injectors? Bigger fuel pump? FPR? Fuel rail?

Give me some input....

TIA

Jim
Old 02-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (walker111)

Too bad hatchwithblades made a HORRIBLE thread title!!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:47 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Superchargers are in NO WAY AT ALL safer then turbos. NONE!
In fact, the JRSC is less safe since the air going into your engine is so much hotter then it would be with a turbo setup. There a PITA to work on and if you ever want more power, too bad...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would pick vortech any day of the week over jackson. vortech is just a lot better in terms of reliability, power and ease.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you been reading up on them lately? All there chargers are failing and they are requiring you to pay a huge amount to get them upgraded with new internals that supposedly wont fail. Right now JRSC would be a MUCH better option.

Where in DE are you? I could put you a pretty dam nice turbo setup together for 3500 and thats with EMS and tuning
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (walker111)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Are vortech's the same as jrsc in terms of boost? 7lbs, 9lbs, and so on?
Vortech's supercharger and JRSC are completly different, the jackson racing supercahrger is a roots type blower which basically replaces your factory intake manifold with their supercharger, typically these are inefficent out dated technology which should be canned for twin screw. The vortch unit is typically close to a turbo, but instead belt driven, while the power output will be better, typically your powerband wont be quite as linear as a roots type blower, but allows for ease in cooling IAT's due there aftercooler. As far as psi out of box i am sure the instructions have that included, but there are ways to gain more psi without changing the supercharger pulley. But that can wait till later...

He already has a p28, obviously he'll need something to tune with, which will wait until we find a competent tuner.
Dont get cought up in the whole Hondata fad, there is a much cheaper solution to EMS such as Crome or Uberdata or Neptune.

He's going to need injectors?
The goals of your cousin were never stated, but as far as price and such i would suggest DSM 450's for anything under 280whp

Bigger fuel pump?
Again i am not to sure of the gaols in mind, but for $90 i would suggest it.

FPR?
Will be ok stock, but nice to have

Fuel rail?
Stock
Jim </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

at this point, i'd recommend AGAINST the vortech unit.....

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1854773
Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: (Black R)

well expletive........already got the supercharger........guess well just see what happens
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where in DE are you? I could put you a pretty dam nice turbo setup together for 3500 and thats with EMS and tuning </TD></TR></TABLE> i am in ocean view.....less than a mile out of bethany..........as far as goals..........not tryin to find a retarded amount of hrosepwoer just a good street vehicle.......somehting that i can jus go have ffun with and run a decent track time........ive had no previvous FI car or anything like that so i was just tryin to get a good idea of what im lookin at.......as far as fuel pump and injectors i got a Walbro 255lph fuel pump and RC 440 injectors......thanks alot for the help guys

BYW.....im only 17 and im new to all this
Old 02-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Is this a good deal? Need opinions please (HatchWithBlades)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too bad hatchwithblades made a HORRIBLE thread title!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yea thats my bad.......first thread........gimmie a few trys..........they'll get better