Notices

Good day at the races Inlinepro, SFP, Pacific Perf, Cybernation at Moroso IDRC Nationals

Old 08-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good day at the races Inlinepro, SFP, Pacific Perf, Cybernation at Moroso IDRC Nationals

Went this weekend and was very satisfied with the large Honda turn out that I saw. Usually used to see lots of Corollas, Rx3s, Startlets Rx7s etc but the FWD scene has quickly caught up.

Inlinepro was out there and they are very impressive. Ive never seen them at Moroso before. Maybe they have come down before, Ive just never seen them. They had their silver hatch turbo that ran 9.6 and an impressive ALL Motor silver hatch that ran low 11s.

SFP came out to represent S FLA with their 9.5 run in their white hatch. That car has run low 9s and they were looking for 8s but it just didnt happen. It was also very hot out today. The Blue SI they also own, pulled off a mid 11 et. This is the full interior one most have seen before.

Cybernation had their yellow Type R out. I liked their use of 26 x 8 x 15 Goodyear slicks...they hooked nice. The Type R didnt get a clean run that I saw. The good run I saw was a missed gear or something near the start then they got fully on it at mid track and beat a Corolla and still pulled off a low 12sec et.

Pacific Performance had a 9.5 second red civic hatch that was running real hard aswell. There were also lots of the usual Puerto Rican rotaries rx3, corollas, rx7s, starlets with a lot of them getting the front wheels of the ground.

Also good runs by seven all motor hondas, 3 of them pulling mid to low 11s ets and the rest mid 12s. Would have liked to have seen fellow HT members and myself, running out there but I guess not this time. Still a very good day at the races.

Edit: I have a video of these cars running but I dont know how to upload them to the internet to post here. Hopefully Ill be able to post a short video or something of Inline pro or SFP running their cars.

[Modified by SO3Burner, 8:41 PM 8/11/2002]
Old 08-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good day at the races Inlinepro, SFP, Pacific Perf, Cybernation at Moroso IDRC Nationals (SO3Bur

cool, sounds like allot of fun!

Rob
Old 08-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good day at the races Inlinepro, SFP, Pacific Perf, Cybernation at Moroso IDRC Nationals (SO3Bur

The Cybernation Type R must be a GSR cause it had a sunroof and GSR cluster. Anyway I was there showing my R and had a good time.

scott
Old 08-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up! I was there watching my car sit in a stupid car show....wasn't ready for this event. Anyhow there was a good showing of the honda scene. H-Tech would have been proud. Anyone see a 2003 Red carbon Kevlar Civic coupe, tube-chasis, wheelie bars, wicked paint job?

Wasn't running just a display on the far side of the track

[Modified by SOUNDEFFECTS, 2:34 AM 8/12/2002]
Old 08-11-2002, 06:10 PM
New User

inline blew a headgasket on saturday. broke an axle on sunday in eliminations. they do have a great, hard working, pit crew. that i can promise. 9.6 ain't too bad considering the weather and the fact that they're trying out some new stuff and had a different driver. they'll get it together.

let me know if you figure out the video deal.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i shoulda went. it was raining down here in pembroke pines so i figured it'd be rained out up there too... guess not .
Old 08-11-2002, 10:11 PM

How were the pits? I stopped going after almost getting ran over while changing out my slicks in the pits and seeing some fool in a truck do donuts and almost hitting some of the racer's cars. Maybe it was just NIRA's fault for be so unorganized, but maybe IDRC is different? You do see some exotics when you go to Moroso though...I've seen a EVO V, R32, and S13 Slivia.
But I think I'll just stick to Gainesville Raceway. Much safer IMO.

[Modified by Projekt20, 5:50 PM 8/12/2002]
Old 08-12-2002, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazingly, it was VERY organized and calm out there, or at least from my vantage point in the pits.

BTW I too was competeing with the GS-R in the "Super Street" class, came in runner-up too!!! Felt awesome to run in a major event and do well in front of all those people, now I know why you pro's stick to the track for your racing, much more exciting and fullfilling when you do well! Track racing kicks ***! Oh and the fact that I won $200 doesn't hurt either hehe, came within .08 seconds of $500, but I'll live
Old 08-12-2002, 08:54 AM

Good Job! My friend came in 2nd at the last NHRA Import Event @ Gainesville. I came in as a runner up once....but it was because it rained and I had to split it with like 6 other dudes. Came out to like 45-50 bucks. I dialed in at a 13.90 and went thru 2 rounds with 13.96 and a 13.94. This was in my old 95' GSX though.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:27 PM
New User

Yeah, I had a good time on sunday watching the great racing. THe inline pro guys did very well, even with their bad luck. The SFP car did pretty decently, and the sfp si did good as well. It's always amazing to see a street car run 11's...full body coupe, full interior etc. That car is definately a 10 second daily driver though. Only big problem is that the bad-*** motor is still stuck in a full interior coupe with a/c and luxuries..drop that bitch in a gutted cx an it would be a 9 second FWD honda street car.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I saw you VTC_CIVIC if it was a red integra you were in with Makuragi stickers on it.