Notices

Golden Eagle Sleeved GSR Block Must See!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golden Eagle Sleeved GSR Block Must See!!!

I purchased a sleeved GSR block from Golden Eagle, sent them my core, and paid over $1300. They were supposed to sleeve it to 83mm and o-ring it. The o-rings look uneven and cracked going inside the block. Therefore I called Golden Eagle to try to get them to resolve this issue. I talked to Kenny and he just sits on the phone and doesnt know what to say. I talked to John who said he would send me his personal GSR block that met my requirements. Then I called them back before shipping my block and was told that John was in jury duty two days in a row. So today I talked to Bob, the "man in charge", he tells me hand are tied and that something seems fishy. I respond I didnt receive what I ordered. I was asked for my serial number on the block and it is not in their system, nor is my name, address, or phone number. I told Bob what seems fishy is that your sleeves are in my block with my serial number. How would I have that since Golden Eagle sleeves are not sold to the public. So basically I am out over $1300

Last edited by b18c1turbobuild; 03-12-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Sleeved GSR Block Must See!!!

Man that sucks
Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that doesn't even look like a freshly sleeved block.......
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by scamp91ex
that doesn't even look like a freshly sleeved block.......
x2
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i know quality control must have went down hill
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your story is missing something....that can't be a freshly sleeved block....its impossible for it to be rusting right out the machine shop unless they dunked it in salt water before shipping it back to you..

i think you ended up with someone elses block my mistake....possible a returned block that was at GE for inspection/cleaning or something....
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you got it back a year ago and just now noticed it?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

surface rust from sitting a year did not find out it was 84.5 until i took it to my machine shop to be put together and my pistons were 83mm and he told me there was a chip in the oring groove
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It took my a yea with another build and getting the rest of the parts for this build
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by munster87
So you got it back a year ago and just now noticed it?
+1

how did it rust if you just got it back? You said its been sitting for year ?? Confused.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmmm
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b18c1turbobuild
block has been sitting for a year the green looking in water jackets came from when i put it in my hot tank
Well then....
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the block back a year ago it has been sitting for a year while buying everything else wich took a year then i pulled it out took it to the machine shop where he told me the bore was 84.5 not 83mm and there was i small chip ing the oring groove
Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought an 84mm sleeve job from GE last month and got it last week, nice service..bob was laid back and friendly. Got my block sand blasted with the service,looks nice and silver like i was hoping. Took one month turn around but everything looks great and is being assembled as we speak. Not to knock on your thread but my block looks entirely different from yours.... somethings missing from this story
Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fishy indeed. unfortunately what I have learned is you need to check your sh*t as soon as you get it. Finding out a year later that you didn't get what you wanted kinda puts you as the consumer on the short end of the stick. If it has just been sitting why would you need to hot tank it?????
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not the happiest person with GE but they send their blocks back with wd40 on it and its wrapped in plastic. Your pictures couldnt be any worse to build a case. pics make it look like there is used copper in the grooves.

if its been a year i never would have tried to make a case. If i was GE i'd tell you to shove a plunger up your ***.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and there is not copper oring ever installed it looks like a kid put the grooves in with a hand tool ill be posting better pics
Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel for you if you got screwed, im not trying to bash but the first thing i did when i got my block is look at it before i took it to the machine shop. In your defense, the headgasket surface looks fresh and like it has never had a head bolted to it, could you possibly post a pic that a little more clear and possibly show the cylinder surface to prove its unused. again sorry for the mishap hope it all works out..
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

This thread smells like low tide on a horse farm.

1. You can't complain about ANY part 1 year later, especially if you clearly haven't even stored it with care.

2. You should have inspected it upon original delivery

3. GE have 100's if not 1000's of blocks built for people on this forum and I gotta say I can't remember so much as one instance where there was something that was clearly their fault that didn't get handled.

I feel your pain, I bought the majority of the parts I'm using for my build over a year ago and a lot of them I didn't store well or fully check out when I got them... but I call it an expensive lesson about MY failures not some vendor's.

That damage is obvious and frankly looks like it happened while it was sitting not during machining.... how you didn't notice something that clear when it was delivered is pretty unbelievable.

Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nobody is bashing you, I just think that those who have posted believe you may be stuck with what you got. It sucks, i hate to see a fellow enthusiast get boned. Just gotta check that stuff right off the bat. Good luck sir
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by scamp91ex
Nobody is bashing you, I just think that those who have posted believe you may be stuck with what you got. It sucks, i hate to see a fellow enthusiast get boned. Just gotta check that stuff right off the bat. Good luck sir
thanks i understand it is what it is i just dont want this to happen to anyone else thats it thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems odd , i just had my Gsr block done at Golden Eagle and it came back looking like a work of art ! My only gripe was it took much longer that the 3 to 4 weeks i was told .
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well thats then this was a year ago and it was clean when i got it im not saying anything about that it came with wrong bore size it was suppose to be 83mm and came 84.5mm thats the problem at hand and the oring grooves maybe the guy was high when he did mine who knows
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks to me like its had a head put on it since it was received. Never seen one come back with the deck not completely skimmed off, but the hone is def unused

if you know the bore, just sell it and try to get your money back. no company will honor an argument after this amount of time!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

It looks half done, like it was sleeved but not decked... maybe o-ringed (unless "naked" GE Sleeves have a start groove before the machine in the o-rings?)

But the top of the block and the tops of the sleeves look marred to hell like they've had a head carelssly slapped on and off a bunch of times without dowels or studs in place...

I've split stock blocks for the first second or even third time that have a cleaner deck then that.

There is just no way I could ever believe THAT level of marring wasn't noticed IMMEDIATELY when it was delivered. Much less if you hot tanked it and painted it???

Now a year later you expect them to replace it based on it being bored to the wrong size??

Trying to throw them under the bus is crazy IMO. You've done everything wrong and expect others to make up for that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Golden Eagle Sleeved GSR Block Must See!!!