Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Golden Eagle sandwich adapter leak (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/golden-eagle-sandwich-adapter-leak-3323585/)

Sprockets 07-09-2018 09:04 AM

Golden Eagle sandwich adapter leak

My GE sandwich adapter has had a slow leak since it was installed. I didn't install it myself, but I noticed during my previous oil change that the 1" nut wasn't tight enough. I tightened it down and assumed this had fixed this problem. Yesterday I did another oil change and noticed there was still oil seeping from it. Oil pressure has been perfect, but I like to keep things clean. Golden Eagle is going to send me a new o-ring. I want to make sure it's done perfectly after the o-ring replacement. They were pretty vague about how much to tighten it down and weren't able to give me a torque spec. Should I assume that the torque specification would be the same as what's on the oil filter?

TheShodan 07-09-2018 10:42 AM

Re: Golden Eagle sandwich adapter leak

Originally Posted by Sprockets (Post 51678639)
My GE sandwich adapter has had a slow leak since it was installed. I didn't install it myself, but I noticed during my previous oil change that the 1" nut wasn't tight enough. I tightened it down and assumed this had fixed this problem. Yesterday I did another oil change and noticed there was still oil seeping from it. Oil pressure has been perfect, but I like to keep things clean. Golden Eagle is going to send me a new o-ring. I want to make sure it's done perfectly after the o-ring replacement. They were pretty vague about how much to tighten it down and weren't able to give me a torque spec. Should I assume that the torque specification would be the same as what's on the oil filter?

What did Golden Eagle have to say about it?

Sprockets 07-09-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51678758)
What did Golden Eagle have to say about it?

They told me to "hand tighten" it, lol. That could mean anything.

By the way, is there a way to stop these annoying "what's new" popups I get lately?

TheShodan 07-09-2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sprockets (Post 51678796)
They told me to "hand tighten" it, lol. That could mean anything.

By the way, is there a way to stop these annoying "what's new" popups I get lately?

Hmmm. I haven't seen those at all. .. Any blockers you can activate on the device you're using? (Computer, phone, tablet, etc?)

Sprockets 07-09-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51679107)
Hmmm. I haven't seen those at all. .. Any blockers you can activate on the device you're using? (Computer, phone, tablet, etc?)

I use Firefox with add-ons, including Ublock origin and NoScript. This is built-in to the forum itself. It happens every single time, just after I log in, then check on a post. There has to be a way to disable this. I took a screen shot.https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...61055fca2d.png

TheShodan 07-09-2018 05:30 PM

Oh. The intro of the new features. It only happened to me once. But not sure how it happens every time.

Check with IB Jose

Chance EG 07-09-2018 07:46 PM

Try clearing your cookies/cache for this website (or just the whole browser) and reload, see if you can clear it out and get it to stay off after that.

"Hand tight" is definitely a relative term, but I'd just get it on there nice and snug without choking the absolute living shit out of it. Twist it on until you feel a healthy amount of resistance, without putting all your muscle into it, and call it a day.

Sprockets 07-10-2018 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chance EG (Post 51679281)
Try clearing your cookies/cache for this website (or just the whole browser) and reload, see if you can clear it out and get it to stay off after that.

"Hand tight" is definitely a relative term, but I'd just get it on there nice and snug without choking the absolute living shit out of it. Twist it on until you feel a healthy amount of resistance, without putting all your muscle into it, and call it a day.

I always use Ccleaner every time I shut down my computer and Firefox is set to automatically clean the cache when closed. I'm guessing its the opposite. If it detected that this message was already given to me, it would stop spamming me with it, but since I delete them every time, it doesn't know.

It was nice and snug, and I'm sure the other guy had it that way. They need to list torque specs. I don't see why they wouldn't.

TheShodan 07-10-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sprockets (Post 51679763)
It was nice and snug, and I'm sure the other guy had it that way. They need to list torque specs. I don't see why they wouldn't.

They may not have that.

Most places no longer utilize that type of information as something that they would use in a type of owners manual or diagram .

phaphon 07-10-2018 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51679952)
They may not have that.

Most places no longer utilize that type of information as something that they would use in a type of owners manual or diagram .

hi shodan ive messaged you, was wondering if you got my messages ? Sorry to post this on the post.

Sprockets 07-10-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by phaphon (Post 51680134)
Sorry to post this on the post.

Dude, you ruined my super exciting thread! :cry:

Cupajoe 07-11-2018 06:36 AM

if your sandwich adapter is not fitting right - you need to run a small spacer between the nut that screws to your stock oil filter threaded bolt in-between the adapter and the m12.x1.25 adapter for the sandwich I got a close fitting washer from a specialty nut shop (insert pun here) used an angle grinder to make it smaller overall circumference and it bolted up great.

This is with an ebay sandwich plate, the problem is that it bottoms out on the stock oil filter bolt so it cant get a tight fit. I think this is why so maybe people complain about sandwich plate leaks, because they dont install them right. This is pretty much the same sandwich plate that I am referencing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blk-Oil-Fil...IAAOSw~BhbFeOV

TheShodan 07-12-2018 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by phaphon (Post 51680134)

hi shodan ive messaged you, was wondering if you got my messages ? Sorry to post this on the post.

Sorry.. Haven't received anything from you

LightningTeg 07-12-2018 08:46 AM

Shouldnt be any tighter then what you would tighten your oil filter. The Oring does the sealing not the torque.

phaphon 07-13-2018 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51681269)
Sorry.. Haven't received anything from you

just sent you a pm again

TheShodan 07-13-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by phaphon (Post 51682467)

just sent you a pm again

Received and responded