Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Golden Eagle block guard (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/golden-eagle-block-guard-449315/)

TurboSohc 03-20-2003 03:51 PM

Golden Eagle block guard

My friend is about to drop this in his b18b. Is anyone using this block guard and if so any problems.

ladysman 03-20-2003 03:52 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (TurboSohc)

I bought one but haven't installed yet. I would like to know what is the PROPER way to install one of these.

Thanks.

TurboSohc 03-20-2003 05:43 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (ladysman)

im preety sure you should have a machine shop install it,weld it on or something,but the thing with this is at that point wouldnt it make more sense just to have your blocked sleeved?i dont know i think me and my friend are just going to hammer it in with a rubber mallet and hope for the best

KoRE 03-20-2003 05:53 PM

im preety sure you should have a machine shop install it,weld it on or something,but the thing with this is at that point wouldnt it make more sense just to have your blocked sleeved?i dont know i think me and my friend are just going to hammer it in with a rubber mallet and hope for the best
i think you are just supposed to mallet it in

no welding involved

CRX SiR T 03-20-2003 06:54 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (KoRE)

yes, it's a machined fit. we had to use the dremel in a few spots to make mine clear exactly, but it was just hammered in w/ a rubber mallet.

JMinSi2000 03-20-2003 07:13 PM

I didn't know Golden Eagle made block guards. When'd they start doing this?

TheSwift1 03-20-2003 08:00 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (JMinSi2000)

my question exactly!!i gotta look into this..

BoostedSi 03-20-2003 08:10 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (TheSwift1)

i thought they were always around..

vtecvoodoo 03-20-2003 08:21 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (JMinSi2000)

I didn't know Golden Eagle made block guards. When'd they start doing this?

-iLLuZioN-B18C1 03-20-2003 08:32 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (KoRE)

i think you are just supposed to mallet it in

no welding involved
from what i know, your suppose to weld it in first, then bore and hone the block to make it fit as perfect as you can without distorting the shape.

civcexcoupeblack 03-20-2003 08:38 PM

Re: Golden Eagle block guard (jvithayapun)

I know race engineering guards are simply mallet in, and go. But i know some are suppose to be welded in.