Notices

Going to getting tuned soon, should I be worried about anything? Bubba's tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to getting tuned soon, should I be worried about anything? Bubba's tuning

I'm getting my greddy kit tuned next week on crome by Bubba from Do-it-Dyno. I've had the greddy kit on my stock b18c for a few months now and drive it hard every now and then but most of the time i drive pretty conservatively. Right now its only using the blue box, hence the decision to save up for a new ECU and getting tuned.

As of right now, I'm anxious/worried about having them tune my motor. I've seen a few videos with engines blowing up while dynoing and , frankly I dont have money for a rebuild right now. Can any of you guys offer words of advice to calm me down or help out my situation. I really dont want to be worried when i dyno.

Modified by Justa_Old_DC2 at 9:29 PM 2/24/2006
Old 02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, Crome isn't a stand alone, its just an ECU mod that allows mapping.

Second, only your tuner can calm you down man. An experienced guy isn't going to blow your car up because he will take his time, make small adjustments, know what he is looking at and hearing and know when to stop.

A hack who claims to be good will kill your car in a heart beat because he thinks he has something to prove.

Now there are always instances of "**** happens" when things just break and there is really nothing you can do about it. I blew a headgasket once on the dyno and we were still very conservative at that point with a kick *** tuner. Sometimes, things just happen but for the most part, you will be fine as long as you have a good guy running the computer.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was afraid too, but i got my first dyno tune w/ boost last night @ church's.

he was really cool about everything and makes sure i understand what's going on. the only problems i had was a damn charge pipe blew off. then after a few runs after that i ripped a rubber coupler. so tighten it up, and make sure everything is in check.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (no2unenolife)

Theres plenty of guys running around with Bubba Built I would assume he knows his stuff..
Old 02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbozxi)

How do you tune the blue box......
Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: (turbozxi)

its not tuned on the blue box. i just got the kit like that, i just wanted to use it till i saved up enough to get it tuned.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Justa_Old_DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Justa_Old_DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not tuned on the blue box. i just got the kit like that, i just wanted to use it till i saved up enough to get it tuned.</TD></TR></TABLE> Well aslong as you use a EMS he likes you should have no worries. I like to watch them tune the car personally, make sure they get it up to running temp before beating on it etc.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now there are always instances of "**** happens" when things just break and there is really nothing you can do about it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Such is life with man made machines. Many a people have had engines let go even when all things 'appear' just right, nothing you can do about that except start again and do all you can to eliminate potential weak points.

Best to you and your motor, I'm sure you'll be fine
Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Well aslong as you use a EMS he likes you should have no worries. I like to watch them tune the car personally, make sure they get it up to running temp before beating on it etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i gotta drive about 45 mins to him anyway so im sure itll be warm enough when he tunes and he hasnt said anything negative about crome, i know a guy who always goes to him and hes tuned on crome.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Such is life with man made machines. Many a people have had engines let go even when all things 'appear' just right, nothing you can do about that except start again and do all you can to eliminate potential weak points.

Best to you and your motor, I'm sure you'll be fine </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for that. Im still trying to calm my nerves
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got my car tune 2 weeks ago for the first time at hookups.i was scare too but everything went fine.im running uberdata.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: (civicdx1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdx1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got my car tune 2 weeks ago for the first time at hookups.i was scare too but everything went fine.im running uberdata. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats why i posted, kinda helps when you know people were in your position and everything went ok.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:58 AM

bump for any more answers