Notices

godspeed turbo kits on ebay for $650.00 shipped... b18b

Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: godspeed turbo kits on ebay for $650.00 shipped... b18b

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
It not that the shitdoesnt work, ts that it doesnt work for very long. the turbos are hit or miss. most end up with bad bearinsg quickly and some last a while but you have to run an oil restrictor for sure. the tubular manifolds are a joke but the cast hold up. The downpipes are a joke and dont line up. the wastegates work for a while then crap out and you get all sorts of boost spike or no boost at all. for example i ran an off brand wastegate on my cheap build a few year back i had got for free with a 4 psi spring it was getting 12 psi boost LOL and in the end 16 psi of boost.

you can do it the cheap way with one of those kits but in the end your going to spend that 650 and then rebuy everything and have wasted that 650 bucks
This is true! But you can get a turbo off of ebay just don't go buying the cheapest one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/gt45-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T70-T...Q5fAccessories

I have had real life experiences with these turbos and they are great for a budget turbo setup. I have had the t70 on my car for almost 3 years and the reason it has started to burn oil is because of my oil return line kinked on me and poof! The bad thing is if you add a couple hundred on top of the price of these turbos you can get a used name brand turbo.

I was able to spend $1500 on my setup and the only thing on it that was bought off ebay was the turbo and the intercooler. Inlinepro mani, turbosmart wg, greddy rd bov, neptune rtp, dsm 450's. Just keep it simple and hunt for deals.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 AM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With your power goals and uses, I would look into buying a used JRSC. You would be spending about the same amount, and have none of the worries or concerns of running a sketchy turbo/wg/manifold.

If you are stuck with the turbo route, GS piping/IC kit, blox cast mani, second-hand proper turbo w/rebuild, second-hand proper WG, plus all the fueling/ecu components, and you should have something that is affordable, reliable and functional for your goals.

My $0.02
Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Or just find a kit like I did on here. A little less then 2 gs all said and done.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dougday84
Funds are low.. but I think that phrase means different things to different people. I am not discussing my finances with any of you... so let me make this clear.....

What I wanted to know was.... is it worth buying this kit that is complete and using it for 8 lbs of boost... while maybe upgrading the wg, maybe the manifold or turbo or a few other parts with quality parts OVER buying a new, nae brand greddy kit (or other brand) for 4 times the price?? Is the ebay kit upgradable?? I can source a quality turbo for a ecent price... and I can piece together a turbo kit for 2k... but is it needed if I only plan on running minimal boost?? How much quality do I need to have to run 8lbs?? And what are the weak links that houl be considered if I do use an ebay kit to build off? That's the question (s) its not for you to be an *** and try and demean me or pick apart my finances.. cause low to you might be 10 bucks, low to me might be 3k.. I'm asking about th PRODUCT... that's it..

To the est of you, thanks for your opinions... I had searched and searched and found some good, and some bad... what I wanted was some actual experience.. if I was to buy the kit for 650 and upgrade the turbo, the wg, and a few other things I was hoping on some input on if that was an ok route.. if I was planning on running 350 hp+ then a nice quality kit would be used.. but since this is my play car I figured it was worth the thought and the question.. I have not ordered anything, I'm simply researching and adding up costs to see what route I will take.. that's all.. as I said, I might even just go lsvtec.. just on the fence for now.

I would say that if you plan on upgrading the components of the ebay turbo kit with name brand high quality parts then just piece together a kit, thats what I did and I got everything and got the car tuned for $2000. It may take you a little longer to turbo your car if you piece together a kit but will be worth it when you only have to do it once, it has been said many times that "ebay" turbo kits/parts are hit or miss, maybe you'll have no trouble, maybe it'll be a nightmare and in the end its up to you which route you go. good luck to you sir
Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

While we are usually against these kits, I've ordered some for the lower end cars we get from time to time and so far so good. Fitment is usually a pita cause they come with random downpipes etc, but once installed and tuned they aren't too bad. You are simply getting what you pay for.

Did an LS 98 Integra with 8psi on your standard 60ar t3/t4 this week. Tuned it to 228hp last night before clutch started slipping. Guy loves it. So it just depends.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
I started with an Ebay brand kit, made 310whp on GSR-T with 290,000. The GSR had cracked ringlands because somehow my ecu or hondata s100 stopped working properly. After sometime i rebuilt my bottom, bought s300, upgraded my Ebay brand tubular manifold to a go-autoworks and oh boy was there a night and day difference. Upgraded my t3t04e .57trim to a precision 6262 then upgraded my bov to a turbo smart, then upgraded my wastegate to a precision wastegate. I eventually tuned and made 370whp with two exhaust leaks.. I enjoyed my Ebay brand kit once i started upgrading the cheap kit made me realize the quality parts made a world of difference.
this post right here says it all for me......

you started with a GSR that had 200K+ miles on it....you slapped some **** together and made 310whp.....then your computer wasnt working properly and ended your setup....

THEN.....

Then you rebuilt bottom end,s300,autoworks manifold....then went and got a new BOV, new turbo, and wastegate...BASICALLY EVERYTHING EXCEPT PIPING..... and made 370whp......

And im betting you beat the absolute **** out of the GSr motor the first time around....

my whole thing is...you upgraded to all those QUALITY BRAND NAME $$$$$$ PIT parts...and gained what? 60hp? for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? ill keep my thousands and you can go get 60 more whp.....
Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ lol your car makes 194 whp, gtfo
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
this post right here says it all for me......

you started with a GSR that had 200K+ miles on it....you slapped some **** together and made 310whp.....then your computer wasnt working properly and ended your setup....

THEN.....

Then you rebuilt bottom end,s300,autoworks manifold....then went and got a new BOV, new turbo, and wastegate...BASICALLY EVERYTHING EXCEPT PIPING..... and made 370whp......

And im betting you beat the absolute **** out of the GSr motor the first time around....

my whole thing is...you upgraded to all those QUALITY BRAND NAME $$$$$$ PIT parts...and gained what? 60hp? for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? ill keep my thousands and you can go get 60 more whp.....
I bet those quality parts havent left him stranded at the track, or on the road, or without a car to get to work...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by W!d3b0dYr3X
As for ur original question, godspeed ic suck a buddy of mine gained hp by removing the ic completely on a 240
Really? I have a Godspeed intercooler on my car last setup made 420 whp. I infrared temp my charge pipes on each side of the intercooler and I can assure you they work just fine...

Last setup this same intercooler was on made 525 whp and I assure you at that power level you are not better off without an intercooler.

I think there was something funky going on with that 240 or more to the story as to why he gained power by removing the godspeed FMIC.

Originally Posted by racebum
raise your hand if you've spent over 3g on a turbo setup

I am all about people making something from nothing (or close to nothing) but just think of it as more of a starting point than a long term fix... We all gotta start somewhere and I started with ebay parts as well just know you will be making some upgrades over time and pray to god your wastegate doesn't stick shut
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the cheaper intercoolers "work" but compared back to back with a comparable real intercooler the real one will have lower intake temps. ive used my share of cheap intercoolers and they works but i love my precision 600hp one and lowered my iat's a bit
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, this car is not my daily rig.. I have a b16 swapped DA that I drive daily. I just wanted something fun.. so my db took over that part. I am budgeting right around 2k for a turbo and tune.. I think that's a pretty fair price. I can pickup a few different garret turbos, and alot of w/g and bov's here locally for pretty cheap. So what I think I'm going to do is prob. order the kit.. and run it, see what the weak links are and replace those. I am GUESSING that the w/g and the bov and prob. some of the oil feed lines will need done. Other then that from what I hear the kit should hold up to my expectancy's.. I'm not running 15 lbs, I'm simply running a measly 7 ( off the w/g ) and we'll see how that goes. I'll keep everyone posted on progress or just start a build thread. Wish me luck :D
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I bet those quality parts havent left him stranded at the track, or on the road, or without a car to get to work...
Lmao i rebuilt the bottom rnd and lowered the compression so that $1000 you crying about actually was worth after going through 2 turbos and a bov. Nov quit opening properly wastegate would spike from 12psi to 17psi for some secs. Plus my tune was conservative... Thats why i gained 60whp. Also to add on, i had a huuge exhaust leak while tuning..
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Originally Posted by boostedBLUfg2
^ lol your car makes 194 whp, gtfo
yea that was a STOCK ITR motor u ******* retard....

im about to boost a D15B so once i get it setup...check back fool....
Old 04-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, the lack of grammatical structure and punctuation in these forums astound me sometimes... Social darwinism is taking it's time with some of these people, but to the topic. I have had my fair share of boosted cars, hell, every single car I own right now is boosted, 240sx SR swapped, MR2 Turbo, 300zxTT, Audi A4 1.8T and my Old lady's Jetta 1.8T. There are definitely some things you can go cheaper on and have the same quality and reliability, I have had a fair amount of experience with Godspeed parts and there quality is really hit or miss, so for a full turbo set up, you could do better finding parts individually. That's what I am currently doing for my Del Sol summer project. DSM turbos can be found easily and ,usually, cheap in good condition. A 14B DSM turbo can be had for as little as $75 in decent shape, hell, running boost that low, you could rig a K03s up on it and they can be found for next to nothing (I bought 2 for $50 the other day). It's inevitable that you are going to have name brand fan boys flaming anything that doesn't have a well known name, but truth is, some of the fastest and most reliable set ups I have seen are pieced together. If you are willing to take a little time and peruse Craigslist, you can find good deals on DSM set ups, as for the rest, Mishimoto makes universal intercoolers and a decent one for your set up can be had for $130 shipped from distributors on this site, cast manifolds can be had for $89 shipped of good 'ole ebay, I would go with a reliable WG and BOV, a Greddy RS used go really cheap and Tials can be found all day, just do some research on what to look for when you're buying these parts so you don't end up getting hosed (Turbine spins freely in turbo, actuator on WG isn't stuck or welded etc.) Go with quality oil return lines, I have made the mistake of using cheap ones and blew a brand new turbo within a few miles, not fun. All of these can be found together for the price you are looking for ($650ish range) and be more reliable. One thing though is that with ANY turbo set up, it truly is all in the tune, find a reputable shop and get a solid tune for sure. Hope this helps!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SkeletonSol
Wow, the lack of grammatical structure and punctuation in these forums astound me sometimes... Social darwinism is taking it's time with some of these people, but to the topic. I have had my fair share of boosted cars, hell, every single car I own right now is boosted, 240sx SR swapped, MR2 Turbo, 300zxTT, Audi A4 1.8T and my Old lady's Jetta 1.8T. There are definitely some things you can go cheaper on and have the same quality and reliability, I have had a fair amount of experience with Godspeed parts and there quality is really hit or miss, so for a full turbo set up, you could do better finding parts individually. That's what I am currently doing for my Del Sol summer project. DSM turbos can be found easily and ,usually, cheap in good condition. A 14B DSM turbo can be had for as little as $75 in decent shape, hell, running boost that low, you could rig a K03s up on it and they can be found for next to nothing (I bought 2 for $50 the other day). It's inevitable that you are going to have name brand fan boys flaming anything that doesn't have a well known name, but truth is, some of the fastest and most reliable set ups I have seen are pieced together. If you are willing to take a little time and peruse Craigslist, you can find good deals on DSM set ups, as for the rest, Mishimoto makes universal intercoolers and a decent one for your set up can be had for $130 shipped from distributors on this site, cast manifolds can be had for $89 shipped of good 'ole ebay, I would go with a reliable WG and BOV, a Greddy RS used go really cheap and Tials can be found all day, just do some research on what to look for when you're buying these parts so you don't end up getting hosed (Turbine spins freely in turbo, actuator on WG isn't stuck or welded etc.) Go with quality oil return lines, I have made the mistake of using cheap ones and blew a brand new turbo within a few miles, not fun. All of these can be found together for the price you are looking for ($650ish range) and be more reliable. One thing though is that with ANY turbo set up, it truly is all in the tune, find a reputable shop and get a solid tune for sure. Hope this helps!
Speaking of grammatical structure you cant even use paragraphs...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
Lmao i rebuilt the bottom rnd and lowered the compression so that $1000 you crying about actually was worth after going through 2 turbos and a bov. Nov quit opening properly wastegate would spike from 12psi to 17psi for some secs. Plus my tune was conservative... Thats why i gained 60whp. Also to add on, i had a huuge exhaust leak while tuning..
LoL I was backing you up dumbass.

Also I dont believe in "conservative tunes". Its either tuned right or its not.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
yea that was a STOCK ITR motor u ******* retard....

im about to boost a D15B so once i get it setup...check back fool....
yeah yeah yeah, i'm about to crank up the boost on all of the turbos powering my bugatti veyron. check back when that's done...

and fwiw, power doesn't mean **** w/out reliability. anyone playing the numbers game is an absolute fool in the world of boost. enjoy your 300 whp $500 kit when the wastegate sticks and you pop your motor. forget my boosted K, i'll enjoy ripping by ya in my dd 120 whp LX
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LoL I was backing you up dumbass.

Also I dont believe in "conservative tunes". Its either tuned right or its not.
LMAO I was qouting your commensense so that he could see both POSITIVE outcomes of spending money the right way lol.. noticed I put $1000 that DC2-productions was crying about lol.. my bad for the mix up bruh.(DAP)
Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW I do understand were your going as of tune right or not. but some tuners are known to lean things out on the edge lol just to pick 10whp lol.. but ne who, we all have our beliefs lol..
Old 04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luck4rmkc
Really? I have a Godspeed intercooler on my car last setup made 420 whp. I infrared temp my charge pipes on each side of the intercooler and I can assure you they work just fine...

Last setup this same intercooler was on made 525 whp and I assure you at that power level you are not better off without an intercooler.

I think there was something funky going on with that 240 or more to the story as to why he gained power by removing the godspeed FMIC.

I am all about people making something from nothing (or close to nothing) but just think of it as more of a starting point than a long term fix... We all gotta start somewhere and I started with ebay parts as well just know you will be making some upgrades over time and pray to god your wastegate doesn't stick shut
Um.... ya I would say at 525hp without an ic u would run into some serious knock problems. But on a stock 240 with his setup it did gain power without the ic and spool time was increased possibly due to the decrease in volume of space since the ic was massive. I however don't think using infared on ur ic piping is quite accurate. Can u explain to me how u did this while in boost driving the car? Not only that but for it to be accurate it would need to be measured at the turbo and at the intake manifold not the piping the piping is somewhat insulated and can be hotter than the air inside or possibly cooler so that wouldn convince me that it works.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by estewar03
I'm selling a garrett turbo with a used greddy front mount (92-95 eg kit) if interested. Otherwise yes, I would also say save up for some good parts because you'll just end up spending even more in the long run if you have to keep replacing turbo's, wastegates etc.
Yo what do u want for it does it fit b series 913 568 0321
Old 02-22-2016, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher1990
Yo what do u want for it does it fit b series 913 568 0321
Yo i bet its been sold within the last 5 years
Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher1990
Yo what do u want for it
You should check the post date next time...this is from April 2011.