Notices

Go-Autoworks Bullseye Spec Turbo help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Go-Autoworks Bullseye Spec Turbo help!

Does anyone have this turbo currently and or used it before? I have a built d16 and looking for something that will bring me to 400hp if I want. And nothing too laggy on the bottom end. This will be my daily driver I don't ever plan on bringing this to the track I just drive for enjoyment. I'm looking for a smooth powerband throughout. I'm currently running a 16g on 15pounds for the past two yearsand it's awesome but looking for more.

I've been looking around and this caught my attention.
GO-AUTOWORKS Spec turbocharger by Bullseye Power
Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Go-Autoworks Bullseye Spec Turbo help!

Never seen anyone run this one. Hard to even share opinnions as no wheel specs are given, although that D15b seems to come on pretty late.

I have a almost similar BEP turbo that I should have some results from later in the week hopefully
Old 03-28-2016, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd think the stage 5 turbine wheel would be a bit big for a D series and looking at their dyno graph it has a fair amount of lag as can be expected. Personally for a street car I'd look into something smaller and more efficient for your engine combination and intended usage.

And for the price of that unit you can get newer technology turbos with billet wheels like the new Borg Warner S252 SX-E

Borg Warner S252SX-E 52/61 12709095019 - AGP Turbochargers, Inc. Store

Hard not too recommend the Garrett GTX2867 or GTX2971R as they pack high flow rates into a compact frame with great spoolup but are more pricey than simpler journal bearing designs.

As another option you can upgrade your TD05 to a new billet wheel 20G, which will offer around 450hp worth of airflow and maintain similar spool-up to what you currently seeing.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by extremeracer
I'd think the stage 5 turbine wheel would be a bit big for a D series and looking at their dyno graph it has a fair amount of lag as can be expected. Personally for a street car I'd look into something smaller and more efficient for your engine combination and intended usage.

And for the price of that unit you can get newer technology turbos with billet wheels like the new Borg Warner S252 SX-E

Borg Warner S252SX-E 52/61 12709095019 - AGP Turbochargers, Inc. Store

Hard not too recommend the Garrett GTX2867 or GTX2971R as they pack high flow rates into a compact frame with great spoolup but are more pricey than simpler journal bearing designs.

As another option you can upgrade your TD05 to a new billet wheel 20G, which will offer around 450hp worth of airflow and maintain similar spool-up to what you currently seeing.
Atleast you can see how hard it can be to select a turbo since the options are endless. The only thing I don't like with my turbo around 7k I feel like it's running out of air to breathe. Turbos are a pretty penny and don't want to be disappointed on what I'm purchasing.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one and it's not really a fun street turbo. But check out my blog in my sig for my impressions on the turbo on a fjt vitara Y7 motor.

Last edited by Jockobo; 03-29-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jockobo
I had one and it's not really a fun street turbo but I'm not sure when my Godspeed Wastegate started leaking exhaust through the valve. But check out my blog in my sig for my impressions on the turbo on a fjt vitara Y7 motor.
You had the bullseye spec?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kinda sounds like it man he is basically describing what that dyno shows...exhaust wheel is too big for a D series which means lag
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by drlagares
You had the bullseye spec?
Yes. And yes the turbine wheel is just too big for a D if you're looking for something responsive.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahh man lol this is so confusing...can you direct me to something with the power I'm looking for and something responsive enough for the street.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

STC makes good turbos, theres really so many options. But he really does make some of the best options. You would prolly be looking at a silver surfer or a hunter if you would be willing to sacrifice some power for better response.

again soo many options whats your budget? Garrett GTX turbos spool fast but there not cheap
Old 03-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2kdrift
STC makes good turbos, theres really so many options. But he really does make some of the best options. You would prolly be looking at a silver surfer or a hunter if you would be willing to sacrifice some power for better response.

again soo many options whats your budget? Garrett GTX turbos spool fast but there not cheap

That's the thing so many options it's overwhelming. But like $800-$1000

I'm going to get a new manifold, waste gate, 880cc injectors and meth kit which I already have. My motor is built idk if you need that info on turbos as well... I appreciate the help on this guys
Old 03-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOt really I will just assume you know what mods you will need to run this power level, type stc turbo in to google and look at his Hunter and Silver surfer turbo. If you want responsive you cant really beat the hunter at that price but you cant hit 400 HP either.

for borg warner look this one up http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/bupos23.html
This is basically what I will be running really hard to beat price wise, I should have some more data on this one soon - Wish me luck

also check this pic it shows some turbonetics turbos vs a 57 trim garrett on a b16 motor
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOt really I will just assume you know what mods you will need to run this power level, type stc turbo in to google and look at his Hunter and Silver surfer turbo. If you want responsive you cant really beat the hunter at that price but you cant hit 400 HP either.

for borg warner look this one up Bullseye Power S252
This is basically what I will be running really hard to beat price wise, I should have some more data on this one soon - Wish me luck

also check this pic it shows some turbonetics turbos vs a 57 trim garrett on a b16 motor
Just checked out the pic and hunters and you're right from looking at the graph I don't see a need to rev that high for street fun.... Something more responsive like hunter will bring me to 350 you'll say?
Old 03-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a 53lbs/min turbo, of course it will. Learn how to read the maps, narrow down your selections to reputable companies (Garret, BW, Turbonetics, STC, Comp Turbo) and you'll find a few immediately that will fit the bill, they're really isn't THAT many to choose for if you are looking for response/350whp.

You also look around at other builds, and you get a general idea of what people are running. You find that for 350, if you want cheap: t3/t4 used/rebuilt or w/e. More expensive: ball bearing gt287+, gt30, Hunter ball bearing
In between: new t3/t4, Journal Hunter, You get the idea

I'm not very savvy with the lower hp bw turbos, because not many run them. I'm sure they work fine.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

460whp with race fuel / e85

Originally Posted by TheShodan
On a Hunter you won't get 400whp on 93 octane. That's not going to happen, even though it is a fantastic response monster at over 51lbs/min. If you want great responsiveness (or recovery "spool" as you young people like to call it), it won't include big power using 93 octane. Sorry.. get used to it.. Not without changing the characteristics a little bit. 350whp-380whp, sure.. but not over 400.
chances are you will still be revving high to make the numbers you may be looking for but you will have better midrange as well. I actually regret not going with this charger but im gonna try what I have in my possession already if that doesent do what I want it to Ill be looking at getting a hunter or something similar
Old 03-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Geis
It's a 53lbs/min turbo, of course it will. Learn how to read the maps, narrow down your selections to reputable companies (Garret, BW, Turbonetics, STC, Comp Turbo) and you'll find a few immediately that will fit the bill, they're really isn't THAT many to choose for if you are looking for response/350whp.

You also look around at other builds, and you get a general idea of what people are running. You find that for 350, if you want cheap: t3/t4 used/rebuilt or w/e. More expensive: ball bearing gt287+, gt30, Hunter ball bearing
In between: new t3/t4, Journal Hunter, You get the idea

I'm not very savvy with the lower hp bw turbos, because not many run them. I'm sure they work fine.

I appreciate all your help man I'm going to do my homework... The hunter looks something in my field with price and goals. It claims to be the turbo for a daily driver but I'll be looking more into it
Old 03-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

for borg warner look this one up Bullseye Power S252

Am I reading this graph right? The 57 trim dyno was with stock B16 cams and the rest have GSC N1s? Not exactly apples to apples.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Am I reading this graph right? The 57 trim dyno was with stock B16 cams and the rest have GSC N1s? Not exactly apples to apples.
that and an bigger intercooler. nothing changed between the tga turbos. on the tune with the tga 5857, i accidently had the sofft limiter on.

will be retuning soon on the tga 5857 with COP, turbo intake, and a relocated IAT sensor
Old 03-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ls joker
that and an bigger intercooler. nothing changed between the tga turbos. on the tune with the tga 5857, i accidently had the sofft limiter on.

will be retuning soon on the tga 5857 with COP, turbo intake, and a relocated IAT sensor
nice! in4results, considering the ballbearing CHRA?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice! in4results, considering the ballbearing CHRA?
i have, but other items out weigh the need for a ball bearing assembly. even at that point i would pick up a comp turbo and compare the two. ive lost interest on the gtw 3476, not enough reviews.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gotcha I was talking 5857 I thought you were considering upgrading the cartridge, hondata Kcoils cop?
Old 03-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was considering it, but that shipped sailed. yes hondata K setup
Old 03-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by drlagares
I appreciate all your help man I'm going to do my homework... The hunter looks something in my field with price and goals. It claims to be the turbo for a daily driver but I'll be looking more into it
The STC Hunter is probably the closest thing you want, and well within your price range. The R&D on these turbos were very Honda specific as well, so it really narrows the possible choices. I wouldn't bother with the other variants from BW or old cast wheels.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
The STC Hunter is probably the closest thing you want, and well within your price range. The R&D on these turbos were very Honda specific as well, so it really narrows the possible choices. I wouldn't bother with the other variants from BW or old cast wheels.
I dunno if it's just me, but BW journal turbos seem kinda overpriced. Would you agree or nah?
Old 03-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
Yeah I watched the video they have about it for 1.6 4 cylinders that you'll have a powerband from 2.5-8.5k. Which is what I'm looking for but I guess I have to sacrifice some power but 350hp I guess is all I'll need for a daily street car. Appreciate the help. Just have to figured out the a.r size and how to read those

Quick Reply: Go-Autoworks Bullseye Spec Turbo help!