Notices

GIVE ME YOUR IMPUT ON MY TURBO SETUP PLZ PICS!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIVE ME YOUR IMPUT ON MY TURBO SETUP PLZ PICS!!!!!!!!!

So here are some pics of whats going on.
here is my basic setup:

89 EF
b16a1 head
98 gsr cams
ARP HEAD STUDS
Cometic head gasket
b18a bottom end
9.1 arias pistons
stock rods
t3/to4e .57 turbo
7psi sprung external wastegate to amosphere
Ls cable tranny(no lsd)
im going to go OBD1 and dyno tune an ecu.

^^^ motor with old T3, i decided to upgrade to a bigger t3/t4.

^^^^^ Quick question, where i can send the coolant from my Oil cooler??? i have no where to plum the coolant, can i plum it to the IM or sometjing???

^^ Finally found that pesky oil pick up, $20. bottom end is all ready.

***then i decided since i got the oil pan off, lets make some baffles in the oil pan, so that when the cars suspension and breaks are up to the task i can go racing !!

here is a quick FAQ on how to make your own baffled oil pan ( I just made this in like 2 hrs, WARNING- I have a really shitty ARC welder so the welds are crappy, but i got her done)

^cut out your baffles from the sheet metal

^^grind off any galvanization

weld it up and boom, your done.
(do you guys think it will work???, cuz i aint paying 300 for a muggie one .)

TURBO:
i remouved the old t3 cuz i think i have a buyer for it, here is a comparsion of the blowers
the t3/t4 is larger and supossedly more efficent and is good up to 450 or more hp.(so im told)
i rigged it up on the manifold and it looks great, but tha ****** dump tube doesnt fit around the turbo any more so ill either be beating it with a hammer, or rewelding it. or both that where im at as of now.

stuff i still need to get:
-turbo oil drain fitting (where is a good place to buy turbo stuff at decent prices??? anyone????
-and a 5blt exhaust flange
-obd 1/2 dizzy

intercooler.......

then i was like y0 gEe i need to be mAdd phat blingin y00 :hammers head:
so i picked this up at a steal of a deal.

Doesnt look that BIG eh?
have another peek

its flows over 850cfm, and is good over 500hp.

please feel free to offer any suggestions, or imput on my setup.
My goal is 350to425 on stock rods, is this possible???
-ben
Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

350to425whp on stock rods :s
Old 01-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's definitely possible but if the motor is out why would you chance destroying everything for $300 dollar investment in rods? Just my opinion......good luck on the build
I'm also selling saturated rc750cc if you need more fuel?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Teglove2)

I dont get how you could tear down a motor and put in forged pistons but then keep stock rods..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">350to425whp on stock rods :s
</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a guy around my way that has made alittle over 400whp on stock ls rods at 8000revs..turbo lsvtec t3/60-1..And he told me with his old b16a he pushed it to 450hp before it blew up (And it wasn't even the rods that gave way)..So you can make the power ..But will it last..
Old 01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wanting to go with 12 psi, what are my approximate guesses for hp out put? and i was wondering if this would work:
i know that 450dsms might be a little small for the hp i want, and i have a 12:1 fmu, is there anyway i could modify the fmu to work with the 450s to produce more fuel?

i know 12:1 is way to much pressure, is there a way to modify the fmy from 12:1 to like 4or6:1, i was thinking check valves b4 the fmu, btw im running out of money thats why i cant get rods
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Freeltec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanting to go with 12 psi, what are my approximate guesses for hp out put? and i was wondering if this would work:
i know that 450dsms might be a little small for the hp i want, and i have a 12:1 fmu, is there anyway i could modify the fmu to work with the 450s to produce more fuel?

i know 12:1 is way to much pressure, is there a way to modify the fmy from 12:1 to like 4or6:1, i was thinking check valves b4 the fmu, btw im running out of money thats why i cant get rods
</TD></TR></TABLE>

fmu and 450cc injectors +12 lbs of boost = you are crazy

You say you are converting to obd..So why not just get a chipped ecu and run uberdata and get some bigger injectors..?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.speaker)

im gonna use uberdata, thats why im going obd1, i want to use an fmu to make the injectors flow a little better. not at the 12:1 but at a 4:1 psi

thoughts? or should i burn the fmu and have a lower hp until i can afford bigger injectors.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:17 PM

good luck and try investing in some rods
Old 01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think ill try to keep my hp#s down to like 300-350whp until i get rods and bigger injectors.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my guess is 340 whp tops on pump gas , and that is pushing that 57 trim looks more like a B housing insted of a t3/to4e, just my .02
Old 01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

*** investing in rods...invest in some paint stripper!!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*** investing in rods...invest in some paint stripper!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHa
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how bout investing in some STFU?
or your mom investing in some birth control?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how bout investing in some STFU?
or your mom investing in some birth control?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
heh, the block looks cool

you can find the turbo drain flange at http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com

and make sure you get a dumptube, major losses in hp have been seen without them, or without them being routed under the oil pan
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GIVE ME YOUR IMPUT ON MY TURBO SETUP PLZ PICS!!!!!!!!! (Freeltec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^^^^^ Quick question, where i can send the coolant from my Oil cooler??? i have no where to plum the coolant, can i plum it to the IM or sometjing???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just for reference, this is what the stock oil cooler plumbing looks like
Old 01-10-2006, 06:38 AM

Default Re: (Mr.speaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

fmu and 450cc injectors +12 lbs of boost = you are crazy

You say you are converting to obd..So why not just get a chipped ecu and run uberdata and get some bigger injectors..?</TD></TR></TABLE>

couldn't agree more.....
Old 01-10-2006, 06:58 AM

What are the measurements of that intercooler and where did you get it?

Couple other things....
If you are going to run the top banjo on your wastegate it will hit your hood for sure. I think even without it on the gate will hit.

Have fun running the charge pipes after the turbo, its a pain.

Don't be afraid to cut!!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna use uberdata, thats why im going obd1, i want to use an fmu to make the injectors flow a little better</TD></TR></TABLE>

this made me laugh..... out loud..... in my cubical..... thank you.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna use uberdata, thats why im going obd1, i want to use an fmu to make the injectors flow a little better. not at the 12:1 but at a 4:1 psi

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

owned
Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna use uberdata, thats why im going obd1, i want to use an fmu to make the injectors flow a little better. not at the 12:1 but at a 4:1 psi

thoughts? or should i burn the fmu and have a lower hp until i can afford bigger injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

An FMU doesnt help injectors to "flow better"...It will simply raise fuel pressure by creating a restriction in the return line. Its a very stupid way to accomplish something, especially if you plan to use uberdata. There is no reason to screw with that FMU in this case.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you to the people that posted helpful imput. I dont know everything which is why i posted this thread. I dont see what is so funny about asking about using a fmu in conjuction w/ my injectors and all it requires is a simple answer.... ie: thats a bad idea.

BTW: Danny, you are obviously a troll, and i am no longer going to reply to any of your posts. So wipe the semen off your lips and stfu, unless you have something helpful/intelligent to say.

So what additions/changes in my setup should i make? what psi should i safely run? what approximate hp should i make (im keeping the stock rods, and 450s for now) even 300whp is more then enough for me.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So what additions/changes in my setup should i make? what psi should i safely run? what approximate hp should i make (im keeping the stock rods, and 450s for now) even 300whp is more then enough for me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are running 300 in a ED chassis then you should be good to go. It is a pretty insane ride.
How about those intercooler specs?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 PM

You asked for input on your setup and you cant take criticism... 1st of all you are using a block that looks like it was made by the incredible hulk...2nd you are trying to use an fmu with dsm injectors, when crome is available for free which offers greater reliability...and 3rd that intercooler is definetly not rated at 500+ hp..its a piece of @#!$
Old 01-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

21 x 9 x 3 intercooler with 2.5" inlets.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:27 PM

Constructive criticism:

1) The green paint is okay, but at least get a good coat. It looks like you pulled the pin on a paint grenade and threw it at the block. You managed to paint your engine stand but didn't get anything inside the crevasses in the block.

2) The "welding" you did on the "baffles" is some of the worst welding I have ever seen. Looks like you used a MIG and forgot to turn the gas on. Definately grind that ish down. All it will take is a piece of slag to break off to ruin your oil pump, and subsequently the engine. And those welds are nothing but slag.

3) Support that turbo! I'm not sure what's going on with the manifold... Looks almost like a cast manifold that someone welded a wastegate flange onto... But that definately is not going to support a T3/4 for long. Make a bracket to hold the turbo to the block. You should be able to remove the manifold without the turbo moving.

4) Please tell me that rubber line on the oil feed is just a cover...

5) Don't trust the "performance specs" published on an Ebay intercooler.

6) For the love of God, use masking tape and some tarps! There is red paint from the valvecover on the T3 you are going to sell, there is red and Hulk-colored paint on your stool...

Quick Reply: GIVE ME YOUR IMPUT ON MY TURBO SETUP PLZ PICS!!!!!!!!!