Notices

Ghetto Exhaust manifold - B series

Old 07-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghetto Exhaust manifold - B series

I know that the B series gets eveyr part known to man for real cheap compared to all the other Honda motors, But is there a ghetto exhaust manifold to be made?

D series gets the HF manifold/plate,
F series gets the DSM manifold with small modifcation
H series gets the same DSM manifold with small mods.

what about the B series?

-ryan
Old 07-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ghetto Exhaust manifold - B series (tegasaurus)

My Log is costing me about $80 but having an expierenced welder in the family really brings the cost down. If you want to do a log style mild steel T's and 90's will cost you about $40. Then the turbo flange and head flange (1/2" thick laser cut) will cost you another $40.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ghetto Exhaust manifold - B series (beta13)

i want a cheap mani too
Old 07-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beta13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My Log is costing me about $80 but having an expierenced welder in the family really brings the cost down. If you want to do a log style mild steel T's and 90's will cost you about $40. Then the turbo flange and head flange (1/2" thick laser cut) will cost you another $40.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hrm, sounds liek something to think about. Where did you get your Ts from? and do you just take a 1/2 thick piece of metal to a machine shop and have them laser cut it or can exhaust flanges be had for relatively cheap?

could you point out what i would need on this web page or do you have a better place yo uget your parts from?
http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/html/0012.html

-ryan
Old 07-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was going to order from McMasterCarr but my dad told me that there was a local place that carried the same stuff. I guess with those type of fittings everywhere that sells them has a standard so it's all really the same stuff. What you're looking for is schedule 40 steel butt-weld fittings, 1 1/2", (2) T's and (2) Long 90 degree elbows. You could pay more and get stainless (shiny), they call that 304l I think.

My flanges are 1/2" thick, CNC cut, the B series head flange was 30, the t3 was 10, and shipping was $4. His email is overblownms@msn.com and he sells them on homemadeturbo.com forums.

Old 07-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

**back from an acoma** (not quite dead yet )

Just wondering what is a good size thickness for a log style manifold as well as equal length. Geoff has some thick piping whereas sparkracing/obx has the thin piping... just so it doesn't crack on my *** i'd like to know

-ryan
Old 07-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegasaurus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**back from an acoma** (not quite dead yet )

Just wondering what is a good size thickness for a log style manifold as well as equal length. Geoff has some thick piping whereas sparkracing/obx has the thin piping... just so it doesn't crack on my *** i'd like to know

-ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe the standard is schedule 40.