Notices

Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW

Day1 Pic after install thats aznmike poses in front of my car
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg
leaving complete

After paying $1400 for installtion, piping, cuplinks,clamps, etc. I had already realized that i had paid a $hitload of money to get my turbo setup finished up. I was hoping i was geting what i was paying for. but i ran into alot of problems.
First problem i ran into was putting on the bumper. It did not fit, the intercooler piping were sticking out 3/4 of an inch too much to clear. So i had to cut the bumper so it would clear.

When i first started the car, I started to leave aznmike's street and had already scrapped the downpipe on the way out because the downpipe was not straight. it was going diagnol towards the ground. so i was NEVER able to go into apartment complex's speedbumps. always had to park near the entrance and walk my happy ***. After the first hour of driving it..i heard a loud sound and saw something fall out of my car on the highway and then pulled over and noticed that my dumptube had fallen off. Then started to drive it back home and then started noticing that the car wouldnt boost of 5psi. strange. when i checked it at home, all the bolts holding the turbo to manifold were all gone but one that was almost off and the gasket was cracked. i was like WTF!!! a problem after another
next day i got the turbo bolted back up. drove around and noticed my car smoking...and started to touch my rear bumper and noticed that it was getting oil on it. i was beginning to get worried. when we got to my friend's house we jacked it up. here was the bottom of my car.
yea..that was complete not tightening the return fitting and it squirting oil underneath and hitting the exhaust and causing the smoking. then the bearing got bad and had to get the crank resurfaced and new acl bearings. lets not talk about the more money i spent.

3 days ago just cruising 360.my downpipe breaks off and i had to drive it all the way home dragging. my friend from behind said that it looked like 4th of july becuase of the sparks.
Experiencing the worst customer service ever!!!!
i took the car to complete the next day and told them all the **** i went through after i got my car back from them. and they decided to charge me for another downpipe. so the first downpipe was the worst $400 ive ever spent on anything. i wanted another one replaced since i spent so much damn money on them. sorry but im not made of money.and now they want $450 for another downpipe made. pics of the downpipe will be up tommorow
i was complaining about how theyre ripping me off, so they said fine...$400...WTF?!
they are now selling wannabe lovefab,fullrace manifolds, here, but i wouldnt reccomend anyone buying it unless you wanna get screwed too.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1031281

I heard alot of good things from many HT members in dfw about Stoney at VSV.
I took my car to Stoney at VSV in Carrolton, TX.

we looked at all my ****...yup..i was right all my downpipe..etc was all halfassed. the downpipe broke because of halfass welding and etc.

i got my new downpipe done today for $400, and yea...the welding is excellent and Stoney did a damn good job on my new downpipe. its STRAIGHT not diagnol.i cant stick my fingers between the downpipe and oil pan anymore. here are stoney's ****...bling bling

hey look my flex is in the middle of the downpipe now...NOT on the end of the flange like how Complete did mine..

So if ya dont like getting royally screwed in the *** for a turbo/piping installation i HIGHLY reccomend everyone to stay away from Complete off Pioneer PKWY in Arlington. worst customer service ive ever seen. So ya..if anyone in DFW wants good quality turbo piping/fab,tuning go to Stoney at VSV. many HT members such as bulldogg83,tommy ten, and many more have gone through him for their turbo piping etc.

Modified by itrboy at 6:54 AM 10/28/2004

Modified by itrboy at 7:43 PM 10/28/2004
Old 10-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (itrboy)

thats F@#$%ed up man. thats why I always do it myself bro.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (itrboy)

Sad to hear about your problems bro! Thumbs up to Stoney! He welded my exhaust and some of my intercooler piping. Oh yeah..he also tuned my car on the dyno

Khoi
Old 10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

God damn 450 for a ******* downpipe? Wtf they thinking, i paid 320 for my downpipe custom made and i thought that was off the roof. You should have done something about their half-*** work. But glad to hear everything good now, You should have installed the turbo yourself tho, it a pretty simple thing jsut take a lot of time...
Old 10-27-2004, 05:45 PM

i wuz there when we jacked the car up.......maddd oil underneath the car
Old 10-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (MaxBoostC1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaxBoostC1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wuz there when we jacked the car up.......maddd oil underneath the car </TD></TR></TABLE>
yup, i got screwed. dont forget joey itr1162 got screwed too on his paintjob on his ITR at complete too. we will be hearing from him also

Modified by itrboy at 6:55 AM 10/28/2004
Old 10-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those are great dyno #'s. was that on pump?

whats ur setup?

also where is this place located that did the half-*** work on ur car?
Old 10-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
TONY1 tuned.....416whp & 300 tq @ 15psi on Mustang Dyno
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Badass numbers! Tony is actually coming to Oklahoma City this Saturday for a tuning session. Can't wait to let him tune my car.

Khoi
Old 10-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (Sohc Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Badass numbers! Tony is actually coming to Oklahoma City this Saturday for a tuning session. Can't wait to let he tune my car.

Khoi </TD></TR></TABLE>
yea he's a badass. he even said the complete fabwork didnt look like it was worth $1400
to tony. cant wait to tune on race gas early 05
Old 10-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a buddy of mine paid $300 for just an upper charge pipe at Complete. he got ripped also
Old 10-27-2004, 06:08 PM

ya dude i got my charge pipe from complete..... 300 ******* bucks not including the 90 dollars i had in credit there for giving me the wrong fuel pump twice..... which i had to spend money on trying to figure out why i had no fuel pressure.....
Old 10-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (stick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those are great dyno #'s. was that on pump?

whats ur setup?

also where is this place located that did the half-*** work on ur car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

YES it was on pump.
b18c5 85mm endyn 10:1 rollerwave pistons,m stock ITR head with jg manifold and str 70mm TB
fullrace manifold precision sc61 tialwaste hondata etc ETC list of mods is too long
Complete Engineering off Pioneer PKWY in arlington, tx. stay away!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (Briansturbotegg

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Briansturboteggy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya dude i got my charge pipe from complete..... 300 ******* bucks not including the 90 dollars i had in credit there for giving me the wrong fuel pump twice..... which i had to spend money on trying to figure out why i had no fuel pressure.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

they gave you a portjob in the *** too . wrong fuel pump twice. why did u bother going back to them? oh well..at least we dont want other HT members goign through the **** i went through
Old 10-27-2004, 06:14 PM

I'll be sure to stay away from those guys. To think I have been pissed off the past 3 days b/c I had to replace my boost gauge cause it broke.

If you would have done the install yourself, think of what you could have spent the extra $$$ on, but to everyone his own.

to stoney and the VSV crew
Old 10-27-2004, 06:25 PM

shitty
Old 10-27-2004, 06:25 PM

Go see matt at onefab.

http://www.onefabrication.com
Old 10-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (Boosted2K)

that sucks luke
Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 PM
The Boot

i have no doubt that what you said happend, but id like to hear their side of the story.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW (fipracing_com)

yea man complete doesnt do anything right..my brother had them put on a kit for him like 4 years ago when kits were in style and he was driven down the high way and the side skirts fell off!!!! to complete

Modified by Crx Dude at 4:12 AM 10/28/2004
Old 10-27-2004, 08:00 PM

complete royally fucked me in the *** twice about my paint job on my front lip. if you look closely at it now its all cracking and looks faded. and i've only had it on for maybe 6 months tops !! thanx tommy
Old 10-27-2004, 08:18 PM

Man that is ******* ridiculous. They should ******* be out of business for that bullshit. When I see that sloppy **** and see how your car turned out I feel you man because I have the same ******* car and it hurts to see **** like that. Haven't you been on honda-tech long enough to know who is good in dallas and how much **** should cost. Tony1 and Stoney at VSV have been all over the place. Goodluck with everything
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Geez when they told you 1400 for a INSTALL you should of told him to f-off.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mchuang)

Seams like they are not worried about ******* you over... Stick up for yourself and threaten to bring them to court... Goodluck bro.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iROCKtheSOHC)

Is the paint shop inside the same complex as Redline Performance in Arlington...on California St?
Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 PM

that sucks man, I would hate that ****. NO one but me or a trusted friend touches my car for those very reasons. You can always kick your own *** for doing something stupid. BUt damn, you paid more for your Downpipe than I did for my whole turbo setup.

Quick Reply: Getting screwed by Complete Engineering/Aerokits after turbo installtion in DFW