Notices

gauge install, need help i have a few pics

Old 05-31-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge install, need help i have a few pics

Ok guys i have bought a few mechanical gauges. I have the boost gauge wired up already but i have some questions on these other ones.

Frist question is for this water temp and oil temp gauge this probe goes into the raditor? and the oil probe goes into the oil pan? do i drill these holes or are i tap them somewere? look below at the pic of the probe.

Second questions is oil pressure gauge. Now it comes with small tubing and no oil sending unit were the heck do i connect the little nylon tubing too?

All the instructions say is to connect turbo/pressure/vacuum meters to 1/8 adapter then to the 1/4" adapter. were does this 1/4" adapter go to? i did not get any sort of sending unit with this gauge. I do have a sending unit already from my last oil pressure gauge that was stolen. will this work?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: gauge install, need help i have a few pics (TacomanSI)

Chances are you're new oil pressure gauge is a mechanical one, which doesn't use a sender. It's hooked directly from the source of the reading (usually the back of the block) to the gauge inside the car. All of the fittings should be in that bag you have.

Oil temp can go to the oil pan, and the water temp can go into the water neck on the head to radiator connection. It's probably best to leave the factory water temp sensor alone. We put an autometer in it's place once and got a cel no matter how well the factory one was "re" placed.