Notices

Function of Fuel Enrichment Relay on JRSC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Function of Fuel Enrichment Relay on JRSC?

I just bought a used JRSC for my LS, and it is missing the Fuel Enrichment Relay. Does anyone know the exact purpose of this relay??

Does it send info to the ECU showing boost?? I actually installed the supercharger without the relay, and it boosts up to about 2lbs and shuts off, its really awkward??

Any info would be appreciated, and if anyone has a close up picture of this relay with the colors of the wire corrilating to what pin it goes to, that would be awesmoe!!

Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Function of Fuel Enrichment Relay on JRSC? (nicklk)

Anyone?
Old 05-27-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Function of Fuel Enrichment Relay on JRSC? (nicklk)

The relay is wired inline with your intake air temp sensor. It has a pressure sensor that plugs into the back of the supercharger. When this sensor sees boost it will trigger the relay to push more resitance through the temp sensor... this triggers your ECU to think that it's really really cold outside and to open the injectors up more to give it more fuel. I wouldn't run it without this since you will most likely run lean... by how much, I can't tell you because I never tested it. I got rid of all that **** and went PowerFC... haven't looked back since. On a side note, the problem you're stating about it shutting down after 2 psi... what do you mean by this? Do you mean it runs like crap after that or that it won't boost more then that? Cuz if it runs like crap, stop running the car because it obviously leaning out. (this will happen) On another side note, I hope you got the RRR for it as well... Rising Rate Regulator. It should go on your fuel return line. If you don't have this either, go back and beat the hell out of the person you bought this thing from and definatly don't run the car anymore.

Hope this helps.