Notices

Fun times, Fun Times indeed......

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fun times, Fun Times indeed......

Believe it or not, my car is almost 100% stock. The turbokit is off, my stock exhaust is back on, the stock air box is on, and soon my wheels and suspension will be going the same route. It is very boring being slow again, but atleast I still got a years worth of fun out of her.

A side of me is very much in love with the speed and scene, but for some odd reason, another side of me has told me to put it all in the past and move on. I never thougth I would see the day, and neither could a few of my friends, but this day had to happen sometime.

<U>Thanks to everyone here on Honda-Tech who led me all the way!!</U>

To good times dating back to the year 2000:

http://members.***.net/prelude...5.avi
http://members.***.net/prelude...8.avi
http://members.***.net/dude_wt...).avi
http://members.***.net/hlang2/...1.mpg
Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry about ur descision
u will be back, but now u might get the big guns

Old 11-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

"and another one bites the dust"
Old 11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
mike93eh

why are you returning it to stock again??
Old 11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why are you returning it to stock again??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't really know actually. Something came over me I guess, and I just felt the need to get out of it.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:05 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (Sohc Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't really know actually. Something came over me I guess, and I just felt the need to get out of it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

in that case..then yea youll be back shortly
Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (mike93eh)

Youll be back when you start missing boost.... And we'll be here waiting, waiting for pictures of your next build....

Blaze
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Youll be back when you start missing boost.... And we'll be here waiting, waiting for pictures of your next build....

Blaze</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

in that case..then yea youll be back shortly </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry about ur descision
u will be back, but now u might get the big guns

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement, but I really think its time to leave it behind me. Too expensive and too stressful. I want to look into something more along the lines of luxury, but I guess only time will tell.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Trial User

sorry to hear... on the other hand, it looks like theres going to be a blowout sale
Old 11-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OH ISH ITS DAT FOOL JAMES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OH ISH ITS DAT FOOL JAMES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear... on the other hand, it looks like theres going to be a blowout sale </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I've sold everything, all I have left is:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1417143
Old 11-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a little off topic but.. What steering wheel was that?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
New User

Default Re: (vtec'n)

you ricer khoi.. can't believe you are stock now
Old 11-08-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (Peter K)

Once in a while, i think about just getting out and selling all of my stuff, but i just keep buying **** so i guess thats out of the question. I totally understand when you say its stressfull, which it is if its your daily driver. I just got a second car and turned my other car into a full time project car, i think thats the only way to do it if you plan to do it for a long term hobby.

good luck to you.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec'n)

yah what wheel is that
Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: (unbanned_evosol)

I totally agree, the biggest thing for me before i was even thinking of building a turbo car was to suck it up and buy a daily driver. It's so nice to be able to park anywhere and not worry.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: (SwedBoy2999)

Dude, I have to give you props. Your like leaving a big part of you behind!! Hell, for a long time all I even know is cars. It would be a hard thing to just drop and totally cut it out of my life. Good luck!! You will probally miss it and come back...It may be alot of stress and work.......but its so fun!! Again good luck.....

-Greg
Old 11-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecTurboD)

i am going to do the same in about a year or so, its so much stress, it worries me when i leave my car parked on the streets when i have to go places and having to go slow over speed bumps because u can hear the exhaust scraping, and a loud exhaust that deffens u on a long journey etc.

i think i will be crying when i part from my project car but i want to just blend in with the rest of the cars and just get some luxury too, i know im still going to love my hondas and will sometime in the future come back to them but i just want to be able to drive where i want and take the car across the country without having to think twice about the car, at the moment i cant afford to run two cars so i cant just buy a daily driver and keep this as a project car, but yea its real sad when u have to let go of something you have always been into
Old 11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (f1 vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stylinhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah what wheel is that </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec’n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a little off topic but.. What steering wheel was that?</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.spwusa.com/spw/steeringwheels.php Hope this link helps

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f1 vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am going to do the same in about a year or so, its so much stress, it worries me when i leave my car parked on the streets when i have to go places and having to go slow over speed bumps because u can hear the exhaust scraping, and a loud exhaust that deffens u on a long journey etc.

i think i will be crying when i part from my project car but i want to just blend in with the rest of the cars and just get some luxury too, i know im still going to love my hondas and will sometime in the future come back to them but i just want to be able to drive where i want and take the car across the country without having to think twice about the car, at the moment i cant afford to run two cars so i cant just buy a daily driver and keep this as a project car, but yea its real sad when u have to let go of something you have always been into </TD></TR></TABLE>

Trust me, I am so much in love with this hobby. It was really hard to part with everything, but the decision I made was thinking for the future. I know some of you may think that street racing is bad, and I really do feel the same way. Unfortunately, racing is honestly what made me love this hobby so much! Nothing feels better when being the underdog and tearing up a cocky Z28/TransAm LS1 who happens to try to pick on you on the street. Racing became almost an addiction because it really became very hard for me to pass up any car that decided to flex on me.

Although I dont' race everyday or every weekend, it was still often enough. I've never been caught for racing by the police, and believe it or not, I have been doing it since 2000. The way I see it, getting caught was inevitable. If I hadn't been caught yet, it was bound to happen eventually. With this in mind, I finally decided that it was time to give up and stop while I was still ahead. I have lots of videos to look back on for memories.

I graduate this May and will be starting my career as a radiation therapist. Hopefully I'll be able to look forward to something nice and put this all behind me. So with that said, when the time comes to part with the civic and get my next car, what would you guys go for?? 06 BMW 330ci, 06 Mercedes Benz C350, 06 BMW Z4 3.0i, 06 Acura TL, or 06 Chevrolet Corvette?

Khoi
Old 11-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So with that said, when the time comes to part with the civic and get my next car, what would you guys go for?? 06 BMW 330ci, 06 Mercedes Benz C350, 06 BMW Z4 3.0i, 06 Acura TL, or 06 Chevrolet Corvette?

Khoi</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha someone has some racing thoughts still in mind, go for a bmw m3, its an amazing all round car its got the looks, performance etc although i love the corvette z5 because they are very rare in the u.k but in the u.s i bet you see so many of them, no matter what i know even if i part from my project car i will come back to honda's because i have gained so much knowledge about them especially from h-t.....team honda 4 life! unless they keep making cars like the 06 honda civic
Old 11-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (f1 vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f1 vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahaha someone has some racing thoughts still in mind, go for a bmw m3, its an amazing all round car its got the looks, performance etc although i love the corvette z5 because they are very rare in the u.k but in the u.s i bet you see so many of them, no matter what i know even if i part from my project car i will come back to honda's because i have gained so much knowledge about them especially from h-t.....team honda 4 life! unless they keep making cars like the 06 honda civic </TD></TR></TABLE>

An M3 would be nice, but I am wanting to buy a home by the age of 28/29. And I only want my next car to be brand new, so an M3 is kinda out of the question...