Notices

Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input

i was wondering what you guys think of the Full race intake manifold verses its competitors. price isnt a problem ,so the whole well this manifold is cheaper isnt needed.

just pure power points of views. cost isnt a issue

i know that full race compared the AIR to the FR IM, and the Full race made more power even over that, and you have to think that is pretty good comparing the materials used for the AIR (carbon fiber) and the FR (cast) the AIR would have a advantage over the full race beucase it wouldnt soak heat as well as a casted manifold, HOWEVER the full race intake manifold STILL makes more power throughout the RPM band.

now my main question is, do you guys think that other manifolds could top full race? or do you think the full race intake manifold would be penical for a high whp application (turbo application)

i know they have alot of innovation,research & devlopment, and isee other companies out to ''copy'' full races still, but not sure that that could beat their manifold.

what do you guys think
Old 02-25-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (b18sihatch)

i guess no one wants to toucch the topic?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (b18sihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess no one wants to toucch the topic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats because its been covered a few times and always ends in a flaming war and what not
Old 02-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (BoostedEG6)

The design that FR uses is the best.

Some one posted a IM last night saying it was sweet and it was the same design as the FR.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (93supercoupe)

i searched all the topics covered, but none of them really say exactly what makes the full race better. or why they prefer this over that.

and like i said price isnt a issue, so it would have to be totally why you choose this manifold (power wise ) over that.

but in that sense i think if price wasnt a issue everyone would be using high end stuff.

what IM was it that says they were using the same design?

full race incorerated ALOT of research & devlopment into the air intake manifold, alot of calculated steps were taken with it. everything was taken into account. runners,length,design,plenum,velocity stacks,ect.....so to say its the same design, it might look like it, but the research & devlopment behind the full race is pretty substantual to just saying looks like its design

plus the full race intake manifold beat the AIR intake manifold and the AIR was made out of carbon fiber, and the fact that carbon fiber doesnt have as great of heat soak as billet aluminum, and the full race intake manifold beat the carbon fiber intake manifold, just goes to show you that full race was running a cut above the air even tho the AIR had a advantage of not having as great of heat soak.

so in that sense you would have thought the full race would have been the underdog as the AIR had advantages, but appearently not, considering the dyno charts show full race having greater gains over AIR, and if AIR was their leading competitor, and it beat them.... then you have to think what are other manifolds out there that couldnt even come close to FR intake manifold

ie: jg engine dynamics,jg vic X,jg performer x,BLOX,ect

Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Check out the new Virtual Works intake manifold that's coming out. These are the guys who make the best intake manifold on the Supra's, and now taking that same technology and R&D and putting it to work on a Honda. Check out Buck02, he's the one who got the first peice.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If money is no option why dont you go with full-race?

If there is any better I doubt you will notice a smal 5whp gain..
Old 02-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (atec)

IMO the extra cost does not make any of those manifolds worth it over a simple victor x.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (Boner_Ben)

well, imo the vic X doesnt have the kinda research & development behind it like major mfg intake manifolds like the AIR or FR....

to me they are just cookie cutter intake manifolds
Old 02-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well they seem to be woking just fine and making good power for a "cookie cutter intake manifold"
Old 02-25-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (BoostedEG6)

maybe my question is redundant.

i think i have gotten my answer.

it really dpeends on how deep your pockets are i guess.

and how much power you are looking to make and if your setup requires such a manifold.

i also feel you have to be open to the fact that not all things are creatred equally.

looks like a manifold, sucks air like a manifold must be a manifold.

well i think that is true when it comes to looks like a manifold.

but other than that i think it really comes down to how interested are you in how a manifold is made, how much research & devlopment was put forth to make it, how many things are taken into account ect.

^ that i think is what sets one manifold apart from another.

bling factor being tis full race or endyn or whatever is nice yes, but the things that interest me is the technical performance, why ti performs the way it does.

i guess no one else feels that way lol

you gotta ask yourself tho, if a manifold out performs every other manifold, just how much power are you loosing by not using ''the best''?

5-10whp per psi could add up (just generalizing)
hypothetically speaking

if a manifold makes 5whp per psi

and you are running 18psi 18x5= 90whp loss

perspectives like that make you wonder

and thats just hotpthetically speakeing
Old 02-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the only palin reason i see the FR mani being better than any other is bc the tappering plenum.

I would imagine that tappering would allow the last port to get "equal" amount of air.

I would think that its because the air speeds up further and further down the plenum, making up the for the lost volume that the first port sees.

So it kinda replaces volume w/ speed. I think.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (93supercoupe)

Tony1 using Victor X and he's the fastest honda.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (Turbocivic94)

well its like saying you are running 1000whp.

and running a oem intake manifold

at some certain point their is a pinical as to when something becomes irrellivant.

high horsepower is no exception, it i believe is a matter of prefrence, why he chooses to use vic x and not AIR or FR is his own choice, but IMO

on a latter scale those manifolds will matter, on a high scale, horsepower will be made with anything.

im thinking more in the scale of the intake velocity/boost rpm scale ratio to how the turbo reacts to the manifold ect

also boost to rpm and full boost to rpm scale, this verse that
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are many ways to skin a cat, I prefer the cheaper ways
Old 02-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (Boner_Ben)

true i just think there are many things to take into account when comparing manifolds.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, imo the vic X doesnt have the kinda research & development behind it like major mfg intake manifolds like the AIR or FR....

to me they are just cookie cutter intake manifolds </TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you post the thread and then state this? its like you already had your mind set before you asked for opinions. an intake manifold doesnt need xx hours of research and design to make good horsepower.
if you want a good intake manifold that is well designed, and you apparently have the money to crap on full-race products, you should buy the A.I.R. intake manifold (carbon fiber). much lower temps, smooth/long runners, big plenum, smooth service almost like a polish, big hp gains.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1900751
you cant trust a company to do a comparison between their product and someone elses product because whos product is always going to be better? and i thought the full-race comparison was only between them and the victor x?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (zeimbo)

well drawbacks from the air is that they crack under extreme heat, and basicly are unrepairable.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much power are you planning on making? what are you goals?

good luck finding an AIR for sale
Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (redboost10)

that too the factthat they dont even make them anymore its crazy..

550-650whp.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well drawbacks from the air is that they crack under extreme heat, and basicly are unrepairable.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would the intake manifold be under "extreme heat" ?

If you looking for input on why you believe a certain intake manifold is the best Honda-tech isn't the place you are going to find it. There are many different theories on intake manifold design...its hard for someone to just say "xxxx" is the best..

Old 02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (TurboJesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboJesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would the intake manifold be under "extreme heat" ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2. the whole point of the intake manifold is to run cooler and suck in cooler air. the only way i could see the manifold seeing extreme heat is if you extended the runners to place the plenum directly in front of your turbo manifold or if you had some crazy dumptube come up behind the block and dump up into the bottom of your intake mani.
whats so wrong with edlebrock? especially for your goals..
Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, not trying to be a dick, really. But you are asking for technical information right? Would you be able to fully understand the information if it was provided?? Variables like mean speed, turbulence intensity, tumble ratio, swirl ratio, and vortex circulation? What are you really asking? What kind of hp are you looking for?? For most people the victor x is quite enough. Like stated earlier, Tony runs 9's and uses a victor x. That ought to tell you something. You said money is no object, then why not just get the f-r and be done with it? You have stated that their r&d on this item was very good, then why are you reluctant? If I was building an all out drag car I would likely get the f-r manifold. On my car the victor x does quite well and from what I understand Edelbrock has been around a while and they likely put just a little bit of research into their im. I would shy away from calling it "just another cookie cutter im."

ps - spell check, it works wonders.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boner_Ben &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO the extra cost does not make any of those manifolds worth it over a simple victor x.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I Concur! This post is retarded, this has ALL been covered before. If you want to spend a grand on a IM for 650HP, so be it. Might as well get it platinum coated too.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I Concur! This post is retarded, this has ALL been covered before. If you want to spend a grand on a IM for 650HP, so be it. Might as well get it platinum coated too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

rob the jewelry store, tell em make me an intake manifold

Quick Reply: Full Rce Intake Manifold VS' its Competitors, looking for input