Notices

full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe

i'm starting to gather the pieces for my turbo setup and i am hell-bent on getting the full-race kit........ i was wondering, though.... would it be a better idea for me to buy the kit as a whole from full-race, or should i just get the above-mentioned three major components and find my own turbo, wastegate, bov, and miscellaneous required parts? i would still be getting a tial 40mm wastegate, though i'm undecided on the turbo at this point, and i would want to get a different bov..... another concern is saving a little money if that's even possible. any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (Team 4R)

Well the manifold and downpipe are def. expensive but since you dont know which turbo you want, what are your goals? What whp you want to get at? When do you want to see full boost? Whats your engine type? Let us know that then we can suggest which turbo. Keep in mind that the Full-Race kit does not come with an EMS ie Hondata, AEM EMS etc.. They are super kits, just depends on your budget!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (JGurr81)

i would like to make 250 hp on the ground by this summer, but my eventual goal (in another year or so) is to push closer to 400 hp at the wheels. i had been looking at precision turbos for a while (sc61) but i'm not sure of their compatibility with the full race manifold. the motor is a jdm gsr, and i would like to be pushing some serious boost by about 5000 rpms... i will also be getting the aem ems for fuel management.... as for my budget... well, it's flexible, though i'm fully cognizant of the $6k price tag i'm heading for.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your gonna get the full race dp, ic, and manifold, might as well get the whole kit they got?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (tgh99si)

i would jest get the kit it is the best of the best
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (EFrollingout)

its just the fact that if you want the manifold, the dp and the ic, it will fit together if you just get the whole kit. the dp will fit the turbo and mani and the ic will fit witht eh tubing and all
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 PM

we can make a custom kit with your parts if that's what you need. for example, we can fabricate the kits for either 5 or 4 bolt turbine housings or we can weld on almost any type of bov flange you need. if you have any questions about component compatability or prices, give us a call.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (Full-Race Javier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Javier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we can make a custom kit with your parts if that's what you need. for example, we can fabricate the kits for either 5 or 4 bolt turbine housings or we can weld on almost any type of bov flange you need. if you have any questions about component compatability or prices, give us a call.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's right, They'll take care of you no problem. I have their manifold and 3" downpipe. Works great.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Nikon!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Javier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we can make a custom kit with your parts if that's what you need. for example, we can fabricate the kits for either 5 or 4 bolt turbine housings or we can weld on almost any type of bov flange you need. if you have any questions about component compatability or prices, give us a call.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Full race makes some good chit! i was there on tuesday and very fine craftmanship. im getting my stuff through them also.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i should have known....... you guys have to make the manifold anyway, it seems obvious i can have it built to my specs............ BUT, this brings me back to my original problem of which turbo to choose for my setup.......... hmmmmmmm. thanks for all the inputs, though. i suppose i'll just get the kit as a package from them...... now for more turbo research.......
Old 01-29-2004, 10:56 PM
threes

Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (thaiphob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thaiphob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Full race makes some good chit! i was there on tuesday and very fine craftmanship. im getting my stuff through them also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you knows it
Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: full-race manifold, intercooler, and downpipe (c jackson)

i was thinking about just buying the mani, wastegate, dp, and cooler but that is basically the kit and it would be cheaper if i just got the whole kit in the long run so. So i am gonna get the kit i hope that helps your descissionl