Notices

Fuel rail with injectors question and FPR question

Old 11-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel rail with injectors question and FPR question

I have a set of high impedance 1000cc Deatschwerks injectors currently installed in my B sereies LS stock fuel rail. I have tried AEM and Godspeed after market fuel rails and they do not work with them. So my question is what after market fuel rail works with them?

The reason I ask is because I am looking at two different FPR as my Blox one has failed. I am looking at the AEM unit,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301206786350?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
(I like this because it can bolt to the factory fuel rail but where do I put the gauge? Hence my question about after market fuel rails as they usually have a 1/8 npt port to screw one in)

and Aeromotive unit,

Amazon.com: Aeromotive 13109 A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator: Automotive Amazon.com: Aeromotive 13109 A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator: Automotive

So which do I go with? Or is it a matter of preference?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fuel rail with injectors question and FPR question

from what ive seen you can drill and tap the rail obviously off the car and set your gauge up,they make banjo bolt adapters that allow you to mount on the fuel filter and I have seem many other ways of doing it.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by diatibe24
I have a set of high impedance 1000cc Deatschwerks injectors currently installed in my B sereies LS stock fuel rail. I have tried AEM and Godspeed after market fuel rails and they do not work with them. So my question is what after market fuel rail works with them?

The reason I ask is because I am looking at two different FPR as my Blox one has failed. I am looking at the AEM unit,

Aem Fuel Pressure Regulator FPR Civic Integra Del Sol B16A B18C D16Z D16Y | eBay

(I like this because it can bolt to the factory fuel rail but where do I put the gauge? Hence my question about after market fuel rails as they usually have a 1/8 npt port to screw one in)

and Aeromotive unit,

Amazon.com: Aeromotive 13109 A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator: Automotive

So which do I go with? Or is it a matter of preference?
If they fit in a stock rail why don't they fit in a aftermarket rail? They should! if the injectors are taller than the stock injectors you need to shim the bolts with a spacer like how the skunk2 rail comes with.

If you want to use a fuel pressure gauge just mount it over the fuel filter its what i did with mine.

These days you don't really need a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator unless its a all out race motor, a tuner can setup the fuel with a aftermarket EMS. Theres lots of B series making good HP using a stock FPR.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 11-30-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
If they fit in a stock rail why don't they fit in a aftermarket rail? They should! if the injectors are taller than the stock injectors you need to shim the bolts with a spacer like how the skunk2 rail comes with.

If you want to use a fuel pressure gauge just mount it over the fuel filter its what i did with mine.

These days you don't really need a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator unless its a all out race motor, a tuner can setup the fuel with a aftermarket EMS. Theres lots of B series making good HP using a stock FPR.
I would have to agree with this guy too. Ive done alot of reading myself bc Im almost ready for tuning. I used a high pressure pump with a stock fpr. It only changed the idle psi by about 3. But you can compensate for this with the aftermarket systems that we have now. I have also heard the stock fpr is a good fail safe compared to the aftermarkets. The stock fpr has limits but like W said you wont get into that territory unless you're really building a decent motor
Old 11-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need for an aftermarket rail until you're in the 4 digits for power.

No need for an aftermarket FPR until you're past 500BHP.

If you want a fuel pressure gauge, what wunf said is a good option. Alternatively, you could buy a digital gauge, and run the gauge inside your car so you can actually see it while driving.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr

Yea, I know that now lol. It is one of those things that it is too late and I already set my fuel system up with a after market FPR. I realize it would be super simple to go back as far as changing it out but than I would have to pay for a retune when it would just be easier/cheaper to buy a new FPR and set it at the fuel pressure it was already at when I got it tuned. I do have plans on going to 500whp eventually so I have a pretty robust fuel system now for that purpose (255 Walboro, 1000cc injectors and FPR) So for me it comes down to not buying stuff 2x (meaning buying something than having to upgrade it) I realize I am buying another FPR but thats because my first one broke.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by diatibe24
Yea, I know that now lol. It is one of those things that it is too late and I already set my fuel system up with a after market FPR. I realize it would be super simple to go back as far as changing it out but than I would have to pay for a retune when it would just be easier/cheaper to buy a new FPR and set it at the fuel pressure it was already at when I got it tuned. I do have plans on going to 500whp eventually so I have a pretty robust fuel system now for that purpose (255 Walboro, 1000cc injectors and FPR) So for me it comes down to not buying stuff 2x (meaning buying something than having to upgrade it) I realize I am buying another FPR but thats because my first one broke.
hmm so your aftermarket fpr took a ****? interesting. Im using the same stuff you're walbro 255 1000cc injectors. But a stock fpr and rail with no issues. I would think if you dont like buying things twice then avoiding something that did't last for long would be something to avoid?
Old 12-01-2014, 03:02 PM

It's Blox. Of course it failed. Buy quality and buy once, or buy cheap and buy twice. Something like an Aeromotive or AEM unit shouldn't give you any reliability problems.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARacist
It's Blox. Of course it failed. Buy quality and buy once, or buy cheap and buy twice. Something like an Aeromotive or AEM unit shouldn't give you any reliability problems.
Nice I totally missed that part. Now everything makes sense haha
Old 12-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARacist
Yea, I bought the FPR like 2 years ago before I really was into reading the forums all the time. It seemed pretty decently made at the time but time will tell which in this case it told me the Blox one is junk lol. Ill go with Aeromotive as that one seems to have better reviews than the AEM one, but thats not to say the AEM one is bad.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:47 PM

AEM as a company dabbles in a lot of things. Aeromotive does fuel delivery stuff. That's it. When a company specializes, they'll usually put out a better product than one that dabbles.