Notices

Fuel Problem...Not Honda Related, But This Is My Home.

Old 11-15-2002, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Problem...Not Honda Related, But This Is My Home.

It's not a honda but I hope someone can still help me out...here goes...

Well..Some of you might have read my old posts saying that my car was bogging, lagging, ish like that. Well, I swapped the fuel pump from a 300z BACK to my 240 pump. Worked well, but still bogged. 2 days later, the car doesn't even want to start anymore. Checked all the plugs, and they're firing. Fuel pump is working, Igniter chip is fine. All coils are fine....After 2 days of messing around with everything I can think of, turns out the injectors aren't spraying. Not even a single one. So, what can be wrong? All my problems led to this and now I know what the problem is. But now, I have to try to solve it. Anyone have any clue what might be wrong? Wiring? If so, how can I check? I don't think they're clogged because non of them spray at all, so I'm here still confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Problem...Not Honda Related, But This Is My Home. (Esone3)

Sounds like clog in your fuel system somewhere. Start from the injectors and work your way back. Have you replaced your fuel filter or intank strainer recently? My CRX had problems with bogging and running lean, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter in the engine bay and it still didn't help........Then I realized I hadn't replaced the intank strainer. Sure enough that fixed it.

HTH

~steven
Old 11-16-2002, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Problem...Not Honda Related, But This Is My Home. (Speed PHreak)

You mentioned 300ZX and 240's.. what kind of car do you have? Without knowing what type it is I can only hazard a few guesses:

Clogged fuel lines
Clogged FPR
Clogged filter

Also, if your injector's aren't spraying, ECU might have problems.. I'm assuming here that it's an ECU controlled injection, (like the 300ZX's).. I had the same problems on an 84 300ZX, and it turned out to be the FPR clogged with old/bad gas. I replaced the FPR and filter, ran B-12 through it for about a month and had no more problems.

Edit: Something else I thought of... you can pull your injectors and test the resistances on them against what they should run. Since all of them are failing to spray, my guess is it's the wiring feeding them all.. Perhaps a loose line or wire burned through? I don't know what kind of car you have, but on the 300ZX's, if you get a loose wire or damaged one to the fuel rail, all the injectors will stop spraying. I actually did this by accident when I was installing some gaskets on the 84 300ZX. Somewhere the injector assembly connects up, trace the wires back to that connection and make sure it's secure. IF it is, check to see if it's getting voltage with a meter. That should at least tell you if it's electrical or a pressure problem.

[Modified by Dramier, 5:19 AM 11/16/2002]
Old 11-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Problem...Not Honda Related, But This Is My Home. (Esone3)

Do you have a fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail? If so put a gauge on it. Like others said, fuel filter or how about by chance did you kink a fuel flex line by accident when you swapped pumps?

If you don't have a test port, break the fuel feed line fitting at the fuel rail. [unsaid]Take usual precautions not to create a hazard. [/unsaid]

I also tend to go back to the last thing I did. Was there a soft rubber connector down in the tank mounted pump? Could that have moved/blown off in tank?

Regards,
BigMoose