Notices

Fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, etc.

Hey guys i was wondering if a couple of u would explain to me how all of this works togetheir. I mean here where i live everyone seems to think that they can just adjust the fuel pressure and it adds all the fuel that they will need. I dont really understand this i mean sure u can turn up the fuel pressure, but if u turn it up that doesnt mean the engine is getting any more does it, that just means that your getting more fuel returned back to the tank. Another thing how does the injectors tie into this. I mean a injector only flows so much right and that is what the ecu tell it to ( duty cycle) flow. I guess what i am looking for is how does the fuel pressure and injector dutycycle tie together and affect each other. Also how do u change or adjust the duty cycle of a injector and does changing the fuel pressure affect it or is it controlled completely by the ecu. Hope u guys understand somewhat what i am trying to expain. As always thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, etc. (dwilson)

injectors flow a certain amount of fuel based on fuel pressure. an injector is basically an electronic valve. there is pressure behind the valve and it is opened for a calculated amount of time to inject the correct amount of fuel. If fuel pressure is increased the amount of time needed to flow the same amount of fuel is decreased. Duty cycle is managed by the ecu. It can be changed using and air/fuel controller or a standalone ecu.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, etc. (racerxadam)

So basically u can add fuel by fuel pressure and duty cycle both. But u can only flow a certain amount of fuel by adjusting and then u have to move up to the next size injector. Sound right.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, etc. (dwilson)

the problem with uping the fuel pressure is that it isn't very accurate and adding a lot of fuel pressure doesn't add that much more fuel. I think it is something like to get twice the fuel you need four times the fuel pressure.