Notices

Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer

Hey guys, I remember last year I used to visit another honda/acura forum that had strong support/knowledge for nitrous, SDstreetracer was the moderator I think. Anybody know what site this is, can't seem to find it?
Old 05-16-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (jamal-188)

I remeber that site...I think it was hondanet.org. Anyway they closed it down at least 6mths ago it seems now.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:09 PM
New User

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (ski_rebel_3)

Yeah that was hondanet. SD new his **** pretty well. What do you need? We should be able to help.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (laughinxxx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laughinxxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> What do you need? We should be able to help. </TD></TR></TABLE>I I tried searching and can't find much on V6 accords. Ok, well I'm looking to get a very simple cheap as possible nitrous setup for a wrecked 95 V6 accord I just got. I'm going to fix it up and do a few minor things then sell it at middle/end of the summer. Anyway, I dont' know much about the V6 accords and was wondering what you guys would recommend.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:10 PM

Ah, SDStreetracer ... is he still around on any other boards? I used to love reading his kill stories.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:15 PM
New User

Any basic wet kit should work fine on it. Afterhourz has some good NX prices. What size shot were you looking for?
Old 05-17-2003, 03:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laughinxxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any basic wet kit should work fine on it. Afterhourz has some good NX prices. What size shot were you looking for? </TD></TR></TABLE>

So, you think a wet kit would be better, I was gonna go dry just to make it as simple as possible but it really doesn't matter if wet would be more beneficial(sp) I think I'll keep it around 50-60 shot, don't know too much about the accord V6 and what it can take.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:48 AM

dry would be easier, but i still like wet kits just for the fact that if you get a clogged injector you won't blow.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (wolfsburg2)

The only difference between a wet kit and a dry kit is that you'll have to T a fuel line instead of a vaccum line. It's not that big of a difference.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laughinxxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only difference between a wet kit and a dry kit is that you'll have to T a fuel line instead of a vaccum line. It's not that big of a difference. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And the fact that you are now injecting fuel up your intake.
IF it puddles and gets one wrong backfire, kiss your intake manifold goodbye.

I prefer Wet over Dry as well, but get some research first on experience with V6 apps, or spend the extra dough and get a direct port setup.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (wolfsburg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolfsburg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dry would be easier, but i still like wet kits just for the fact that if you get a clogged injector you won't blow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You will still blow with a clogged injector on a wet kit, why does everyone think you wouldn't, it's still that much fuel missing from your combustion chamber, you don't think it will go lean? With a dry kit you only have to worry about injectors and fuel pump. With a wet kit you have to worry about injectors, fuel pump, and a fuel solenoid that can lock up.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (RyanCivic2000)

I do know a decent amount about nitrous and different setups because I was researching a plate kit for my GSR before I got my turbo. The only problem is that I can't find info on the V6 accords(94-97) and nitrous, I guess I'll stick w/ 50-60 shot because I dont' want to spend a few hundred on ignition etc... I will most likely get a used kit, maybe even a direct port if I could find one and install it myself(think they are like 80shot min though) I want to do this pretty cheap because I"m only gonna have the car a couple months.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:32 AM

i always see this talk about puddling with wet kits. Ive been a nitrous racer for quite a few years, and have always used wet kits (wet plate on my 88 gt, wet nozzle, plate & fogger on my 87 (4-stage)) and have never had a problem with puddling.

If you plan to run a 70-80 shot, and know when your gonna use the bottle you wont have 1000+psi, jet up a little more on the nitrous side, that way its a LITTLE BIT of a lean hit. If you go with a NX kit, go by the jet chart since they jet their systems a little on the lean side (bigger on the nitrous then fuel). If you go NOS, test out a couple different jettings, and see how the car likes it (ive found that NOS jets the systems a little rich).

And if you dont know much about the nitrous, if you have a race setup, and want to come out on the bottle hard (even with just a 70-80shot), run about 1050psi or so. The more pressure leans out the mixture, so the nitrous will come in harder, and richen back up on the top end.

dunno if this protains to anything, just babbling getting my post count up
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (SlowAssStang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowAssStang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i always see this talk about puddling with wet kits. Ive been a nitrous racer for quite a few years, and have always used wet kits (wet plate on my 88 gt, wet nozzle, plate & fogger on my 87 (4-stage)) and have never had a problem with puddling. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course you wouldn't have any problem with puddling, you have a Mustang. The intake manifold design on a Honda is the reason you get puddling.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You will still blow with a clogged injector on a wet kit, why does everyone think you wouldn't, it's still that much fuel missing from your combustion chamber, you don't think it will go lean? With a dry kit you only have to worry about injectors and fuel pump. With a wet kit you have to worry about injectors, fuel pump, and a fuel solenoid that can lock up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nx runs their jets fat. so if an injector stops spraying, you will have a better chance of survival... have you ever even had any puddling issues yourself? ive been squeezin single fogger nx on my beaters for YEARS and havent had any problems. wet is better. ive had both and if you had any actual knowledge, not what you see online, you would realize this. nx fuel solenoids arent going to lock up- ive sold and installed more than i can count and the only solenoid problem we had was some moron using teflon tape on his juice noid. btw-zex is for beginners- simple as that.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Forum for nitrous, where is SDstreetracer (sickda6)

BTW, you don't know what you are talking about. The NX runs their jets a little lean not fat. The NOS jets run a little fat. Even if they are a little fat you think that you will have enough fuel through a stupid NX fogger if your 240cc injector goes out.

Zex is not for beginners. Just becuase it is more basic to install means nothing. The Zex box itself is capable of a 200 shot. The kit has been used by many for 125 shot no problem, I will be running the same once I am finished with my shortblock and I have my 450cc injectors. Buy your NX single fogger wet kit, and blow up as many intake manifolds as you want, I could care less. If you're going to go wet, spend alot of money and get a direct port kit. Or you could just spend less, and get a "beginner" ZEX kit, spend $60 on some DSM 450cc and run a 125 shot.