Notices

Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS**

Hey guys, my t3/to4e just came in the mail and It seems I may have some fitment issues.

Issue #1: Barely fits between the block/radiator. I had to take the radiator out to get it in there! Not a big deal...half sized radiator will fix this! Anyone wanna trade?

Isuse #2: This one really concerns me. On my old turbo, intercooler pipe attatched from the bottom. Now, it's right next to the flange, facing up! Can I clock/rotate the turbo so that the IC outlet is facing the downward?

OLD turbo:

NEW turbo:

Issue #3: Will the Inline Pro hold it far enough from the block, so that it doesn't hit? I have a B18A. Can I face the compressor towards the passenger's side? It seems I can only face it towards the driver's side...not a big deal I guess...I'll need a new downpipe.

Anyone have any pics of blocks (preferably LS) with Inline Pro installed?

Simple/stupid question: Which is the feed/return?

I'm assuming this is feed (facing the top):

And this is return?

Any, and all help would be very much appreciated! This thing is huge compared to my T28...I didn't expect all this

Thank you very much, as always

Modified by Hoosier Daddy at 6:52 PM 4/14/2004
Old 04-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (Hoosier Daddy)

To answer your question about the oil feed/return line, you have it opposite. the feed line is the one in the pic with a yellow cap. Sorry I cant help with the other questions. Just clock the turbo to face the return down and the feed up.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (RotiEatter)

Hmm...the feed is facing down and return up...that's odd. I bought it from a private seller, it's new but opened. Maybe he clocked the turbo...which is good, because I can clock it back for my IC pipe
Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (Hoosier Daddy)

The turbo rarely comes clocked correctly. Its pretty easy to clock it to the correct position. Both turbos that i have purchased both needed clocked. No biggie.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (g2turbo)

Great news! How can I clock it? Do I remove the bolts holding the compressor housing on, and rotate it?
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (g2turbo)

yeah when you clock the turbo...you can rotate the center section so that the feed is at the top and the compressor housing points down or how ever you need it. Depending on the manifold and how far it sticks out you may even need to shave the block a little.

-you do not need to remove the bolts from the housing just lossen them up. lossen them as little as possible... i did mine to much and the wheel started to move...

the bolts facing down from the comp. side....it holds down 2 brackets i beleive...just lossen those.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (Cramerox)

These bolts? There are two on each side.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:20 PM

Also, on a side note, anyone know where I can get the oil feed/return flanges?
Old 04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These bolts? There are two on each side.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

not those bolts.
the 6 bolts on the outer edge of the compressor housing, with the 2 clamps holding to the backplate. just loosen those and the comp. housing will spin freely 360*.
for the turbine section, just do the same, 6 bolts, loosen, spin...

do not loosen the bolts pictured!

thanks
Old 04-14-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (CHEAPTURBOdotCOM)

Thank you sir! Good thing I didn't touch them Do you guys sell the oil return/feed flanges that bolt onto the turbo?
Old 04-14-2004, 04:59 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you guys sell the oil return/feed flanges that bolt onto the turbo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes we do, $23 each. the feed is tapped 1/8" and the drain is tapped 1/2"
Old 04-14-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (CHEAPTURBOdotCOM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CHEAPTURBOdotCOM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes we do, $23 each. the feed is tapped 1/8" and the drain is tapped 1/2"</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got PM
Old 04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calmweed)

Sorry if this is off topic but... what are you doing with your T28?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: (calmweed)

The radiator has been like that for months. I accidentally rubbed the old turbo against it. Cardbord is definitely a good idea. I'll probably do that! I'm gonna try to get a radiator locally, they usually go for dirt cheap, but thanks for the link

The T28 was sold
Old 04-14-2004, 05:30 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (koreanwilcox)

since you're wanting to keep the turbo with the inlet turned to passenger side I'd recommend one of the stage 2 setups from jgs turbo.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

this way you can custom clock the turbocharger to whatever you want it and you'll have a manifold that you can position any which way you want and THEN weld the flange on and it'll all fit with factory stuff...and if you have a/c this will help you to retain it.

be prepared to modify your downpipe regardless for the most part.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (stackz)

Thanks man but I already ordered the Inline Pro.

There's no hole on the compressor housing for a wastegate line. Anyone know how I'm supposed to run that?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:43 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Hoosier Daddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man but I already ordered the Inline Pro.

There's no hole on the compressor housing for a wastegate line. Anyone know how I'm supposed to run that? </TD></TR></TABLE>

it's externally gated only. unless you change the exhaust housing for one of the same a/r ratio that uses an internal gate...or the manifold you ordered comes with a flange for an external wastegate then you might be screwed
Old 04-14-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: (stackz)

It's set up for external wastegate. I've never had an external wastegate. I ordered a Tial 38mm with both flanges, and an inline pro flanged for the tial 38mm. I just wasn't sure how the vacuum lines run on an external gate...is there just one line that goes from the wastegate to the intake/vacuum manifold?

Modified by Hoosier Daddy at 9:59 PM 4/14/2004

Modified by Hoosier Daddy at 9:59 PM 4/14/2004
Old 04-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hoosier Daddy)

i bet the turbo WILL FIT with the mani installed but you may need to trim some of the webbing off the block expecially if you have the "5 bolt " inline pro..and i mean 5 bolt , referring to the exhaust housing(the where the downpipe bolts up to)

yours is a 4 bolt so it postions things a little differently..itll still work..youll just need to trim more block then if you had a 5 bolt dp flange
Old 04-14-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: (SiRkid)

I ordered the 4 bolt manifold.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:11 PM

Not to offend but had to.

If you don't know which is the oil feed and oil drain, you should not touch a turbo.

If you do not know that you can clock a turbo, you should not touch a turbo.

With over 3000 posts you still can't figure this out.........damn your stupid.

Where have you being???

Old 04-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where have you being???</TD></TR></TABLE>

its called engrish y0... and layoff a brotha.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (ndogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its called engrish y0... and layoff a brotha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For real.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:40 PM
the son and the heir

Default Re: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS** (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to offend but had to.

If you don't know which is the oil feed and oil drain, you should not touch a turbo.

Where have you being???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The proper form of that word is you're, and lay off the guy, he made an interesting thread.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to offend but had to.

Where have you being???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, sorry if i've never had a brand new turbo without flanges before. Sorry if I've never had an externally wastegated turbo. Sorry I don't know everything about turbos. Where have I "being?" Researching, like I am right now by starting this thread. Just because I don't know much about a turbo doesn't mean I know nothing. I built my car from the ground up, not that it even matters, but how are you going to go ahead and call me stupid when you don't even know me?

3000 posts on a message board means nothing. I could be "ing" everything I see in Appearance/Cosmetic for all you know.

Before you attempt to ream me, please learn proper English.

I always thought you were a pretty cool guy from reading your posts, but apparently I was wrong

In the grand scheme of ignorant mistakes, none of yours, though quite idiotic, compares to your father not wearing a condom.

Modified by Hoosier Daddy at 3:51 AM 4/15/2004

Quick Reply: Fitment issues/clocking issues/concerns -- HELP! **PICS**