Notices

first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:30 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR

Nope. You seem to believe you have all of your bases covered. So, Get to puttin' it together already. Can't give feedback on something that doesn't exist yet, ya know?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:37 PM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I dont even know what to say. It's like you tell someone smashing their hand with a hammer is going to hurt, they really dont need to do it themselves, yet they insist they want to "be unique bro" and be "the only one who does **** like this" because "my boy did it once, and his dick grew like 6 inches" and because "you're all jus haterz, even though I asked for help, ima do me, yaheard?"

Dude, go boost your very likely to be ragged to death K20, and dont change the springs. Save yourself that couple hundred bucks so you can destroy a 2-3k engine, and dont forget all the labor you have to pay "a shop" to "be responsible" and have to swap it out for you when you window the block. You'd think we were trying to hurt these people that come an ask these questions. That's what bothers me the most, they ask for help, then argue with those trying to help, and end up doing it their own way anyways. If you dont want the help, ******* do it your way and dont let us know when it blows like most morons do, so that way the next moron wont know to do things the right way either and he too will blow his motor.

At least then you can say you learned something, you cant even say that when the inevitable happens now because we warned you already. Spend a couple hundred bucks to save several thousand by doing things the right way? Pffttt YOLO son.. amiright?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_unknown
Wow, I dont even know what to say. It's like you tell someone smashing their hand with a hammer is going to hurt, they really dont need to do it themselves, yet they insist they want to "be unique bro" and be "the only one who does **** like this" because "my boy did it once, and his dick grew like 6 inches" and because "you're all jus haterz, even though I asked for help, ima do me, yaheard?"

Dude, go boost your very likely to be ragged to death K20, and dont change the springs. Save yourself that couple hundred bucks so you can destroy a 2-3k engine, and dont forget all the labor you have to pay "a shop" to "be responsible" and have to swap it out for you when you window the block. You'd think we were trying to hurt these people that come an ask these questions. That's what bothers me the most, they ask for help, then argue with those trying to help, and end up doing it their own way anyways. If you dont want the help, ******* do it your way and dont let us know when it blows like most morons do, so that way the next moron wont know to do things the right way either and he too will blow his motor.

At least then you can say you learned something, you cant even say that when the inevitable happens now because we warned you already. Spend a couple hundred bucks to save several thousand by doing things the right way? Pffttt YOLO son.. amiright?

didnt help anything but bump the post with your response thanks for the 2 cents i guess. maybe if people got over the fact i wasnt adding springs and retainers and focused more on the positive or helpful opinions in which i asked in the beginning maybe people wont be as but hurt. in other words, if i couldnt help someone or that person didnt want take my advice, either leave him alone or give advice in other areas
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Nope. You seem to believe you have all of your bases covered. So, Get to puttin' it together already. Can't give feedback on something that doesn't exist yet, ya know?

yet you will keep watching this thread and bump it with your 2 cents of opinion, thanks anyway hun
Old 11-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For the few people that follow my thread and inbox me with similar builds just seeking positive advice i apologize for having such negative feed back. Just because people cant afford the best of parts to assure your motor lasts doesnt mean your build is garbage or wont last, i appreciate everyone that has giving me positive feed back and refrained from being immature. So now for the important things in life more upgrades and more to talk about...

So being the nice person i am some people raised some money into buying me a fresh head package from supertech
ive decided to keep everything else oem except the head studs.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ceaz took on the mission have my car running, love this man always seems to surprise me with a clean job and a nice start up vid ( ill try to upload vid )
Old 11-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres a snap of the inside of the car, as you can see everything but the dash is in the car, wasnt my choice i bought the car like this as a shell and decided to keep it that way. I plan on getting these fresh black gsr leather seats that my boy is holding down for me.
I do plan on sanding down the whole inside and priming it grey or black for that clean look if i get lazy ill wait to order fresh red or black carpet.

Here is some random pics of the motor in diff angles, sorry im kind of obsessed with my car :D

Heres a front shot just because lol

Picked up the project from Hi boost in new jersey and i couldnt be happier Shout out to @Flaco_spec ( instagram ) for the speedy tow and great price.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tried to upload a video of it starting and at idle but the video is too long.
But the car does start with no problem, first turn no problem.
Minor things missing like front seat(s) and lexan windows

The next step you ask? Tune yes.

I will be needing to buy a wide band and a clutch master cylinder, mine doesnt seem to engage. when i press down the pedal stays down and when i try to bleed it, it doesnt work. simple fix but the major part is done.
Yes im still thinking about going to Abe from Rated R to tune my car.I still want to test the waters on e85 and im aiming anywhere from 520-560, i will really be happy and amazed if i can hit 600 i will deff be a happy camper. Need to get ahead on a couple of bills before i move on to a tune so expect me on the dyno anywhere between December 3rd - December 10th
Old 11-22-2016, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You can afford a Skunk2 Ultra manifold (completely unnecessary for the power you want) but not valve springs?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its 2016 and you think your gonna be the first to test the limits of the k20?

Not even realizing the info they are telling you is because they already tested the limits of a k20... LOL
Old 11-22-2016, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg

You can afford a Skunk2 Ultra manifold (completely unnecessary for the power you want) but not valve springs?
beat me to the punch line...just the fact that he k swapped the car in the first place is ridiculous for him to claim he doesn't have the funds for some reliability insurance
Old 11-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kturbosquirtle
So being the nice person i am some people raised some money into buying me a fresh head package from supertech
ive decided to keep everything else oem except the head studs.
So who's going to be the first sucker to throw money to the OP for upgraded head studs?
Old 11-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27
So who's going to be the first sucker to throw money to the OP for upgraded head studs?
Well, no. This time he's actually saying that everything will be OEM except for the head studs.. (deferring to the fact that he will get ARP Headstuds to replace the OEM Bolts)

Baby steps, ya know?
Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ugh reading owns me..
Old 11-22-2016, 09:58 AM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like he is saying he got a "fresh head package from Supertech", meaning springs and retainers? Right? or something else? That would be pretty funny if after all that he did what we said anyway and is now trying to play it off... Do you bro, you dont need no ******* valve springs, that ***** for pussies dawg...
Old 11-22-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by the_unknown
It sounds like he is saying he got a "fresh head package from Supertech", meaning springs and retainers? Right? or something else? That would be pretty funny if after all that he did what we said anyway and is now trying to play it off... Do you bro, you dont need no ******* valve springs, that ***** for pussies dawg...
Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong

Last edited by TheShodan; 11-22-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Right.....Keep telling yourself that. At least you have the correct hardware now since someone obviously realized what a disaster this was going to be.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

moving along....

Just got my new clutch master cylinder, the project keeps rolling.

Last edited by TheShodan; 11-22-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update**

Just got my tires from Reza ( r888 225-50-15 ) Aem wideband and a s2000 clutch master cylinder

Shout outs to Reza from Boosted Performance out in Framingdale, Long island
Old 11-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My boy in my car chillin

Got me some leather seats , still wanted that comfortable feeling

So i stumbled across a deal on a CF hood for $80 in jersey ..... had a crack in the front but who cares, getting cut up anyway for my up pipes
On my way to buying my hood i found a deal on these carbon fiber fenders and i couldnt resist :D

Yes i put the fender on top of my oem fender just to see how it would look. and yes i LOVE the way it will match.
Just ordered my 2 front rims for my R888 tires so expect a updated pick tmm _

Random pic.
working on cutting the front bumper to sit flush with the rest of the car ... will have updated pics tmm
Old 11-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i spoke to Jerry from API Tuning and he will be stopping by this week to give my car a basemap on my AEM v2 ... its currently on k pro.

Car will be tuned on 93 pump gas
My goal is 500 whp but since reliability and durability comes into play i will be happy with 450 with a longer life span with my stock motor
Old 11-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install the Supertech springs or what? Gonna wait til later?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B and B
Did you install the Supertech springs or what? Gonna wait til later?

Reading is fundamental
Old 11-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, wut?

Quick Reply: first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR