Notices

Finished JRSC install, starting to hear some noise...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished JRSC install, starting to hear some noise...

This maybe Prelude (5th gen) specific, but I'm hoping to broaden my responses to my question since I am now boosting...

I finished my engine rebuild last November (been running 100%) and just yesterday I finished installing a JRSC. Everything's been running great with no problems (base map on Hondata, nothing crazy). I drove it all day Saturday and half of Sunday with no problems, and today I started hearing a very faint random "clicking" under the hood. When I got home it became a louder, steady "clicking". Not 100% sure what it is...Just from looking at other videos online, it seems it could be valve noise or the timing belt/auto tensioner. There are no CEL codes either.

I'm a bit exhausted on this project so I really just don't feel like thinking about it too much at the moment, so maybe somebody can just fill me a little bit, lol. Here's the audio/video: http://s151.photobucket.com/al...4.flv

If it helps any, the noise seems to be most prominent around the JRSC jackshaft and the #4 injector area, which also happens to be near the timing belt...so I don't know...Any help is appreciated, and sorry if this is too vehicle specific for this forum...
Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finished JRSC install, starting to hear some noise... (typeSwarrior)

Problem solved... Got some sleep, starting taking things apart, and culprit was a loose self-locking nut on the jackshaft drive pulley, causing the pulley to rattle on the shaft...guess I'll be getting some new ones. Moderators remove this thread as you see fit...