Notices

Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE

EDIT:I forgot to mention that im running a Outlaw Eng. IM gasket kit (like hondata) (its about 1/4'' thick) From my pics you think if i removed that gasket it would make clearance? I still dont think so but its got me pondering.

Well after being crippled prior to my swap (Aug '04), my father and I finally got the motor bolted in with the tranny and bolt ons.

The oh so HUGELY ported REVHARD manifold is literally a paper slice shy from hitting the master cylinder resavoir. I have two of the motor mounts still un mounted (front and rear; total of 4; 91 integra) and Im not sure if that is playing a role in this clearance issue either.

Is there a way to re-position this master cylinder, What do I do?

Next is my vacuum issue. From what I understand as long as the vacuum lines are connected thats all that matters. The back of the manifold has two vacuum lines. One for the break booster line and the other for the main source of vaccum i think.

The gold fitting is the booster and the other is the what I would call that "main" vaccum line.

Im kinda tipsy and thats all I can think of right now as problems ive ran into.

Here is some eyecandy:

Modified by jDMJeRk at 2:49 PM 11/27/2004
Old 11-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE (jDMJeRk)

if you dont have the mounts in yet, that could be a reason why its so close. but if you have it lined up correctly as it sits now, i could see some issues about the IM hitting you MC.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE (thaiphob)

no answers for my vacuum question?

Also for comments and ideas; its hitting just the plastic container, its not hitting any lines or the cast part of the cylinder.

TTT! HeLP!
Old 11-27-2004, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE (jDMJeRk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jDMJeRk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no answers for my vacuum question?

Also for comments and ideas; its hitting just the plastic container, its not hitting any lines or the cast part of the cylinder.

TTT! HeLP! </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't know about the Revhard IM, but it looks similar to the Elderbrock....

I have a B18c1 swap in a 5gen civic with the elderbrock IM, Hondata IM gasket, Integra brake booster and MC(which are both larger)... and don't have any problems (it comes close though)... looks like you might have to use an oem gasket...

As far as the vacuum issue is concerned -- it doesn't matter , just connect each device to its own vacuum port on the IM before t'ing them and I prefer to use the larger fittings for more important devices like the wastgate ...

connect your wastgate, BOV, boost guage, ect to the back of your IM.

ps... make sure you use high temp silicone hoses for your vacuum lines and gator clamp every connection for safety.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE (dasher)

THanks for that great info.

BUT

I only have TWO vacuum sources (unless you count the ones that are plugged (see pics)) 1 is the break booster and the other one looked like the MAIN vacuum that id just tie everything into...

Ummm
Old 11-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the big vac port is for the brake booster, the other one you need to run to a vac manifold to run to everything else.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE (JDogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the big vac port is for the brake booster, the other one you need to run to a vac manifold to run to everything else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldnt have to run a vac manifold would i? I cant just fittings to tie everything together from ONE port?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the vacuum manifold probably would be a good idea, maybe ill consider it.

from g2ic.cm and ht, majority of the people are telling me to cut the end off and have it welded up. This will be my last choice, I have some ideas...

Thanks for helps gurus!