Notices

FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed!

okay guys...for anyone who knows me knows that i've been talking about porting and polishing my spare head in my basement for some time now but never(was lazy and rather drive the Teg around town... ) got the chance to do so. so finally today i finally got my fat *** up and got everything ready outside in the back porch to port the sucker(hate cleaning up the basement afterwards). to make a long story short...i had only gotten started on one port when my lil bro comes over with problems with his JDM H22 powered accord. so here are pictures of the before(didn't take one of the before so took one of another port) and after shots of the port that isn't finished yet. oh...and weapon of choice is DREMEL with flex-arm extension!!

don't worry...i'm gonna take the valves out tomorrow and finish up...i'm just LAZY! lol.

after the head is complete, I will slap it on and head to the dyno to see if there are any changes in the powerband along with any gains. i'll be sure to post that up as well. any comments are welcomed as i'm not a master 'porter'.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (shermanyang)

looks lieka basic street por tmatch. that should be fine, is you tried to reshape the chambers or runners, you'll take a big chance hurting it over leaving it stock. you have to know a lot about flow and porting along with a REAL flow bech in order to properly test it.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:46 AM

looks like some pretty decent work.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: (EM1 MIKE)

looks good so far.. you sure are lazy...
Old 07-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (oscarmayer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks lieka basic street por tmatch. that should be fine, is you tried to reshape the chambers or runners, you'll take a big chance hurting it over leaving it stock. you have to know a lot about flow and porting along with a REAL flow bech in order to properly test it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah...i don't intend on reshaping the chambers as i do not have the proper tools to do so. all i'm doing is enlargeing the port by 2-3 thousandenth of an inch and smoothing out the port. i need to grab the valve spring removal tool from my buddy tonight and pull those suckers out.

thanks for the comments everyone...it would be really great if i could finish this in a week and hit the dyno but the shop i go to is booked till mid-next month.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (shermanyang)

I was gonna try to port a spare head that I have for my car.

What tools are you using to do your porting? Air Tools a dremel?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (ringgold)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ringgold &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was gonna try to port a spare head that I have for my car.

What tools are you using to do your porting? Air Tools a dremel? </TD></TR></TABLE>Read what he wrote.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:56 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (ringgold)

he allready sad he used a dremel.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (toxicshit)

yup...a dremel. i'll post pictures of the dremel and tools later on today as well so everyone will know what exactly it looks like.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry must have skipped that part about the dremel
Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know you used a dremel.. i have a die grinder and a dremel but i need to know what BITS you used Please post picts
Old 09-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (MyVtec8yourV8)

wow...brought back from the dead. okay, but i'll have to get new batteries for my digicam. it was the reason why i wasn't able to get pictures in the first place....my lazy ***...
Old 09-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so did you ever get that head on?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so did you ever get that head on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah not yet...like i said, i'm lazy

i still have to take it to the shop near me to have it hot tanked and milled a little bit cause there are some light scratches on it. oh yeah, i'm still waiting on the valve springs from Rocket too. so hopefully by the end of this week or next it'll be on.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After being a member of the Endyn forum for several years and reading all of his articles several times over, this was my port / chamber work. I have about 15 hours into it. 6 with a dremel and about 9 with an air die grinder.

The Chambers have been spotfaced to 84.5mm and reworked.
The exhaust ports have been significantly enlarged and reshaped (D-ported)
The intakes have had the corners brought out a bit more and mainly the divider thined down a bit - not too much work done. They also have the infamous Endyn injector dimples

Chamber:

Chambers:

Intake Ports:

Exhaust Port:

Intake Port

Old 09-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY...started porting my spare head! Take a look...opinions welcomed! (stizzit)

GOD DAMN STIZZIT!!! that is some bad *** porting!! did you take out the valve guides while porting? just wondering cause i didn't see any scratches. i'm really too lazy to take mine out...plus i don't have much time on my hands. but that is some sick *** porting!