Notices

Finally, my JRSC GSR EK is out of the shop!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, my JRSC GSR EK is out of the shop!!!

well it has been a very long 5 months my friends, and alot of gas going into a V8 silverado, and finally I am going to pick up my car from hondaworks...It all started when I noticed that my car was smoking really bad, and burning crazy amounts of oil...the piston rings were shot, so, when the head was pulled, I decided to get forged pistons and rods, new water pump, oil pump, gaskets from the oil pan up, balance the crank, new clutch, and a skunk2 intake manifold. when the car was back up and running, i was driving it one day, and the radiator got so hot that it cracked and exploded, basicly. With the help of fluidyne, that problem got fixed. Later that week I saw smoke again coming from the exhaust. I checked the oil, and guess what, it was still burning oil. I went back to the shop, and they said oh, probably the valve stem seals. With the head off again, I decided to get it ported and polished, ferrera valves, valve springs and retainers, and bronze valve guides. when this was getting done, I found a great deal on a jackson racing supercharger with the stage 1 boost upgrade pulley, and everything needed to bolt it on for 900 bucks. I said what the hell and took it to the shop, and all in all i ended up paying 800 dollars for all of the labor that was done since it started smoking in the first place. Well, after the supercharger was installed, I needed to get it tuned and looked at more professionally by jack at p1 auto, so I decided to drive it up to charlotte, and everything was fine, until the next day, when I was headed out of my dad's driveway, the car began to bog down, and shut off. It wouldnt start, so I got it towed to the closest place, which was HONDAWORKS. They have now had my car for a little over three months now, and have been ducking my phone calls. They said that I had bent valves, which I personally think is bullshit, and that I was only running on two cylinders. They told me that the head would have to come off yet again, and that whoever did the work on my car before did a **** job. You can now understand my frustration, I have not DRIVEN my car that I have put over 20,000 dollars into for over 6 months!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, tomorrow, you might see me, bustin a nut on everyone, driving my ******* car.