Notices

Finally got some water lines hooked up to my turbo! **crosses fingers**

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got some water lines hooked up to my turbo! **crosses fingers**

After searching long and hard for fittings I finally found some that I think are going to work...

I ended up using some 1/2 inch NPT to 3/8 inch barb straight fittings... the threads don't feel to me like they fit correctly but they tighten up once I get them in there, so I hope it works!

They don't really get tight until they are all the way in there... I just hope that I don't get any leaking problems in the future, I will have to keep an eye on them...

For those who don't know, I have been searching for fittings to use for a long time now... https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1161278

I even bought some ATP fittings that were too small...

Anyways, here's the finished product... I smeared a bunch of high-temp thread sealant on the threads and then screwed them in there really well... I don't really like that I used straight fittings instead of banjos but I think it's going to work out alright...

You can see here that the fittings come straight out of both sides of the turbo, I'm lucky that I have enough to get away with this...

Here's a picture of the lines... I just connected one end to the fitting off the FITV and the other end to the intake manifold line... I basically just extended the FITV loop...

I hooked the lines up and bled the system... it seems to be working without any leaks... I only drove it for about 10 miles but I haven't had any problems yet! Yay!!

Thanks to those that helped my do this! I don't know why it was such a PITA but for some reason it was!

By the way, I need to get rid of these ATP fittings now that I don't have any use for them... I'll probably make another for sale thread some time this week....

Do you think it's okay that the fittings don't get tight until I screw them all the way in? Am I supposed to use 1/2" NPT fittings for this turbo? I thought they were metric threads?... Should I be worried about it leaking? Any feedback is welcomed!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:53 PM

I love your setup. Uber clean Hows the turbo holding up with the oil restrictor fitting? btw bump that **** up to 10psi. Hella fun then!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slammd Sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammd Sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love your setup. Uber clean Hows the turbo holding up with the oil restrictor fitting? btw bump that **** up to 10psi. Hella fun then!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's working out fine so far. I haven't had any problems with the seals at all... I am going to bump up the boost this summer when I get a wideband... I am tempted to crank up the boost but I want to make sure my a/f ratio is safe...
Old 02-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

That's awesome I've been wanting to put coolant lines to my turbo for so long...I'm just scared of burning a hole in one of the lines by the turbo when I'm 2 hours away from home. Nice to have the peace of mind though, that your turbo isn't getting shut off when it's super hot.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

Just what I needed! I'm getting my turbo on Monday and was looking for that info. thanks for the write-up. Can I see a closeup of the FITV (fast idle someting valve?) area. Are those barb fittings too?

One bit of info if you didn't know already. NPT threads are tapered and get wider from the opening. As it is screwed in the taper gets tighter on the mating side and creates a seal. I AM NOT SURE IF THE THREADS ON THE TURBO IS NPT TYPE. Maybe somebody sees this and can clarify.

btw, I search
Old 03-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Laserjock)

pimp You have a 60 trim .48 right? I'm still debating between a T3 50/54/super60 trim with .48 ar.