Notices

FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors...

i finally got my car running again (did the internal to external coil swap) and now im starting to tune... obd1 h22 running 1000cc injectors runing UBERDATA ... now i burn a chip toss it in there and it starts, and my wideband is reading 14.6 at idle...(idle is really low for some reason like 500) but the car is running like a bag of ****... i tried increasing the nul time to ( as someone instructed to do) and it really didnt seem to affect it... now its reading 14.6 but it seems to be running rich, smoking and smelling of gas and what not.... i just need some help tunning this shitbag... im not all that good at tunning and ive heard 1000s are difficult.. thanks guys!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (turboH22Aakkord)

oh... and i have already posted my problem on the uber. site... i just figured i would ask you guys here at HT cause you usually help me out faster
Old 08-05-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (turboH22Aakkord)

ttt... hook a brotha up!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:50 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what I have seen, Uberdata has a real difficult time trying to idle 1000cc's
Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 AM

ttt
Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (Dunc)

make sure your base and cam timing are still fine, then make sure your wideband is reading properly.

try chrome.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (warrick)

It's Crome, not Chrome

Anyways, are your AFR voltage conversion numbers for Uber correct? What kind of wideband do you have? does it have it's own display? if so, does it match up with what the AFR says in Uber?

EDIT: also is your timing set for an H22? if the timing is still at stock for your idle, try advancing it a little in the idle cells to see if it improves the idle.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (warrick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by warrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">make sure your base and cam timing are still fine, then make sure your wideband is reading properly.

try chrome.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, thats what i was concerned about yesterday when i was F-ing with it... but i tried aming a timing light at the flywheel through the little rubber plug on the block and it didnt seem to work... i have a fidanza flywheel ... do they have timing marks on them? i was told that is how to check the timing on the h22a is that true? thanks...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look at your crank pulley and see if there are several marks on it. These are your TDC, and the other marks for BTDC.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (BlueShadow)

my car is at the shop right now.. but im fairly sure there are no marks on it.. i have a aftermarket pulley...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should check again...what kind of crank pulley do you have?

If it really doesn't have any marks, then you might wanna put them on yourself. Get your stock crank pulley and lay it next to your other crank pulley and align the key slots. Then using the stock crank pulley marks as reference mark your aftermarket crank pulley.

EDIT: either thator get with the guys in the Lude forum and ask them how you set your timing with the crank pully that you have.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (BlueShadow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should check again...what kind of crank pulley do you have?

If it really doesn't have any marks, then you might wanna put them on yourself. Get your stock crank pulley and lay it next to your other crank pulley and align the key slots. Then using the stock crank pulley marks as reference mark your aftermarket crank pulley.

EDIT: either thator get with the guys in the Lude forum and ask them how you set your timing with the crank pully that you have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

will do man.. thanks...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's Crome, not Chrome

Anyways, are your AFR voltage conversion numbers for Uber correct? What kind of wideband do you have? does it have it's own display? if so, does it match up with what the AFR says in Uber?

EDIT: also is your timing set for an H22? if the timing is still at stock for your idle, try advancing it a little in the idle cells to see if it improves the idle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, im pritty sure i picked up the plx 300 and it has its own display... and when the car was running off the basemap i made it read consistantly 14.6 .... but like i said.. the car was running like ****... maybe the sensor wasnt warmed up enough??
Old 08-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how long are you idling for when your looking at the plx? I'm having the same problem w/ mine, only im throwin 5089490486453 cel's . But my plx takes about 20-30 seconds once the car is started to read correct. It starts out @ 14.5 but works its way down to &lt;12 .

Old 08-08-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (kuja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kuja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how long are you idling for when your looking at the plx? I'm having the same problem w/ mine, only im throwin 5089490486453 cel's . But my plx takes about 20-30 seconds once the car is started to read correct. It starts out @ 14.5 but works its way down to &lt;12 .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

well ... i figured that might be the problem so i actually let it idle and sputter and run like **** for like a min or 2 and it still seemed to read the same 14. something... beats the **** out of me...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, thats what i was concerned about yesterday when i was F-ing with it... but i tried aming a timing light at the flywheel through the little rubber plug on the block and it didnt seem to work... i have a fidanza flywheel ... do they have timing marks on them? i was told that is how to check the timing on the h22a is that true? thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a h22 and a fidanza. The marks are on the flywheel. Checked mine before tuning. Not to be a smartass but you did take out said rubber plug right?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (freaker)

sux man, i kno how it feels. Is it possible for the dizzy timing to make that much of a difference, and make the car hardly run? Im having pretty much the same problem. Can you rev yours at all? I can't rev mine past 2k, IF i get that far, VERY light on the throttle, feels like its cutting out all the time till it stalls. But mine also might have to do w/ my code6 (water temp sensor) that i just replaced and still get the code.. SIGH

Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (kuja)

try bumping up ur fuel pressure to like 60 PSI and then lean out the idle. watch the a/f ratio and see if it goes crazy rich. with bigger injectors u wanna run a higher fuel pressure
Go to the fuel modifier table in the MISC menu of uberdata and play with the values. try setting all the values to 33 (the suggested value is 24 for 1000 cc injectors but i always put it 9 points above the suggested one)

the car needs to be tuned thats y it's run n like poopoo
Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 AM

Try a different management and see if it makes a difference.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (swlabhot)

what wideband are you using, what version of uberdata are you using and what map sensor are you using
Old 08-09-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (freaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by freaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have a h22 and a fidanza. The marks are on the flywheel. Checked mine before tuning. Not to be a smartass but you did take out said rubber plug right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeah.. i sure did.. but the timing gun i was using is a piece of **** that was kicking around the shop... but the wire i need to clip on to is the one farthest to drivers side right?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (boosted k20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted k20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try bumping up ur fuel pressure to like 60 PSI and then lean out the idle. watch the a/f ratio and see if it goes crazy rich. with bigger injectors u wanna run a higher fuel pressure
Go to the fuel modifier table in the MISC menu of uberdata and play with the values. try setting all the values to 33 (the suggested value is 24 for 1000 cc injectors but i always put it 9 points above the suggested one)

the car needs to be tuned thats y it's run n like poopoo</TD></TR></TABLE>
cool man.. i will give that a try when i get back to my car on thursday...
( i have an adjustable fpr so i can adjust that really quick)
Old 08-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have idled 1000cc injectors just fine using uber. I found that idling them a little richer than 14.7:1 helped out, but it sounds like yours may be running too rich and the wideband may be reading off if it smells like fuel and is smoking. Do you have an exhaust leak that would be throwing the wideband off?

Also like they said you need to check your ignition timing on the flywheel. There is a rubber cover on your tranny housing that you pull off.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (SOHC_MShue)

What i have learned is that even if the wideband is saying 14.7ish, if your idleing at 500 its going to smell like its running rich. I would say the timing is off. once you do get the idle up there you might find that you are runing lean at idle. Could be way off though. I also run uberdata on a turbo car.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors... (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have idled 1000cc injectors just fine using uber. I found that idling them a little richer than 14.7:1 helped out, but it sounds like yours may be running too rich and the wideband may be reading off if it smells like fuel and is smoking. Do you have an exhaust leak that would be throwing the wideband off?

Also like they said you need to check your ignition timing on the flywheel. There is a rubber cover on your tranny housing that you pull off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i have an e-cutout.... thanks man...

Quick Reply: FINALLY GOT IT RUNNING ... now for help tunning the 1000cc injectors...