Notices

Finally boosted but runs like crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally boosted but runs like crap

First off here's my set up: d16z6, Edelbrock X kit minus intake mani(7lbs), Dsm 450 injectors, Chipped p28 ecu with base map, obd obd1 conversion harness. I just had everything installed last week all at once and the install looks good but the car runs like ****. I got a base map chip made by a local guy to hold me over until tuning day and I told him my set up and he used a bin file that was close to my set up. Now, at first we couldn't get the car to start with the 450's as it was bogging really bad so we put the factory injectors back in and the car started but the idle was really low and the gas mileage was horrible. I'm talking 10 miles and a 1/4 tank was gone not to mention absolutly no power at all. The next thing I tried was pulling the pin connector inside the ecu to return the ecu back to it's factory specs as I thought maybe it was the program that I was running, unplugged the negative terminal on the battery to reset the computer and still the car has a low idle and runs ultra rich which leads me to belive that the car must be in limp mode. I thought the map sensor was fubared so I tried the original map thats located on the firewall as it's a crx and still no dice. I'm running out of ideas as to why my car is running like total crap. Does anyone have any ideas or input???? Thanks as I'm comletely clued.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (Mr.Death)

its a basemap. all cars run like **** on a basemap
Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (wantboost)

tuning is your friend
Old 07-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There must be more to it than a shitty base map. I plan on getting it tuned but there's a 2 month waiting period.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Death &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There must be more to it than a shitty base map. I plan on getting it tuned but there's a 2 month waiting period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO...get it tuned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StolenTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tuning is your friend</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a basemap. all cars run like **** on a basemap</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-04-2005, 07:41 PM

Well basically telling us your dumping way too much fuel. if your using a **** load of gas. And it sounds like you arent going to get it tuned for a while. so use your stock injectors with your stock map and dont boost. or do all that and use an FMU for now. im only suggesting that because if your not gonna have your car tuned to use those injectors, and it sounds like that map is not working for you then that is the cheapest and best alternative.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (agrn93ls)

I think I'm just gonna park the car until tuning day. I don't wanna risk engine damage.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Death &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I'm just gonna park the car until tuning day. I don't wanna risk engine damage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have become enlightned...good desicion
Old 07-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a basemap. all cars run like **** on a basemap</TD></TR></TABLE>
not mine but I guess that's due to using the same setup as what hondata tuned for.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (agrn93ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well basically telling us your dumping way too much fuel. if your using a **** load of gas. And it sounds like you arent going to get it tuned for a while. so use your stock injectors with your stock map and dont boost. or do all that and use an FMU for now. im only suggesting that because if your not gonna have your car tuned to use those injectors, and it sounds like that map is not working for you then that is the cheapest and best alternative.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I disabled my chip in the ecu and put the stock injectors and still the car is running rich as HELL! Before I go to get it tuned I need to figure out whats wrong with the operating condition of the motor. My CEL is on but cannot figure out how to get it to show me what codes I'm throwing. Since I used the obd obd1 conversion harness there is a SCS wire on the3 harness provided used for checking codes and I followed the instructions to a "t" but I must be doing something wrong as the cel is not blinking, just staying on constantly. Does anyone know how to check codes on a crx with an obd conversion harness??? I've tried everything.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:41 AM

do you have a non stock fuel pump. When my car was stock and I threw in only the Walbro 255 I was burning very rich. I guess my stock FPR couldn't handle the excess flow or something. Try putting back your stock fuel pump this may be it
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (adseguy)

Stock fuel pump and FPR.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:09 AM

your motor is running in closed loop, you may have fouled up a sensor like the o2 sensor and is throwing the stock tune off...

change your plugs since you probably fouled them also.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 AM

My car ran like *** for 3 months before my tune trust me it will never run right off a basemap. Mine actually ran awesome compared to my friends basemap. Both ran like complete ****. Just lay off the boost
Old 07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted but runs like crap (Treblarefils)

sounds like u have a bad ecu. borrow one of ur friends ecu's and see if the problesm still there. (make sure u have the stock injectors in the car when u put the stock ecu into the car)

or cut the jumper wire on J1 on the ecu to return the ecu back to stock (stock injectors must be placed in engine) if u still get a solid cel then theres sopmething wrong with the ecu. contact whoever chipped ur ecu and tell em to fix it