Notices

A few nitrous wiring questions...Nitrous gods help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few nitrous wiring questions...Nitrous gods help please!

Ok, I finally got my kit (NX Single Stage E.F.I Fogger System for $450 shipped, I also got the NX Triple Switch Panel in, and I am ordering the GenX2 upgrade w/ the NX remote bottle opener Friday.

I began the install already, I tapped the shark nozzle into the intake, about 2-3 inches off the throttle blade. I plan on placing the nitrous and fuel solenoid under my dash, basically under my steering wheel. The reason for this is so my parents don't see it...would anyone recommend against this? Any other ideas?

I plan on doing the wiring next week, starting with the NX Switch panel and doing all the misc. stuff. So here are my questions concerning the wiring. On the wiring diagram for the Switch panel, the power for the switches is labeled as "Keyed 12 Volts Power In". I can't hook it up to my cigarette lighter, because that is already taken. What is another keyed 12 Volt power source I can tap the power into? What is a "Keyed" power source? How many things can I plug into my cigarette lighter?

I also plan on getting the Autometer Phantom Nitrous Pressure guage, which comes with steel braided line. But the GenX2 kit comes with a Nitrous pressure gauge, can an electronic signal be sent from the NX Nitrous Pressure gauge to the Autometer Nitrous pressure gauge? Or do I HAVE to tap the steel braided line into a nitrous line?

Thanks guys for the help.

Old 11-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A few nitrous wiring questions...Nitrous gods help please! (hwoody77)

Oh DAM!.....dont put Fuel or N2O inside the car...bad...plus the solenoids need to as close as possible to the fogger....put them in the cowl vent....BTW we have bothe the GENX2 kit and Bottle opener on the shelf...
Old 11-29-2002, 02:10 AM

Default Re: A few nitrous wiring questions...Nitrous gods help please! (AR Fab)

Oh DAM!.....dont put Fuel or N2O inside the car
where would he mount the bottle!!!

and now for the real reason for the reply...what's the cowl vent?
Old 11-29-2002, 02:41 AM

Default Re: A few nitrous wiring questions...Nitrous gods help please! (hwoody77)

you could mount the solenoids within your front bumper. although you are going to have to purchase longer steel braided hoses. the 2 hoses that run from each solenoid to the nozzle are like 12" or so. i say just mount them where it is easiest to reach them. i don't think your parents are going to thoroughly inspect your car. and if they do, you really think they'll spot the solenoids and know exactly what they are?

as for the 12v source, how about using the stereo power wire? a keyed power source is a source wire that only gives power when the key is in the ignition and turned on.

to use the autometer gauge, you are going to have to tap into the nitrous line. maybe run a tee-fitting off the solenoid.