Notices

A few n00b questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few n00b questions

Okay... as is mandatory I will state that I have searched and asked around already but I would still like a difinitive thread with direct answers. My extreme FI n00bism prevents me from knowing even what exactly to search for. So thanks in advance for your time and patience in reading.

I am purchasing a Jackson SC kit from STREETWERKZ (Matt) very soon. My vehicle is a 1994 Honda Civic DX Hatch with the D15 SOHC non-VTEC stock motor. This vehicle is OBD1 as you guys all know.

A few questions... I asked if I could safely drive it to the tuner after isntallation. Matt told me to turn up the fuel pressure to run very rich to make it there. How would I go about doing this? He is including new injectors (with resistor box) and a fuel rail with the kit as an FYI. I have the stock fuel pump, is it still possible to adjust fuel pressure? Would it be done through the Apex-i SAFC II that he is including in the kit? Or is this done by some adjustment directly ON the, also included, B&M Fuel Pressure regulator? I know... extreme n00b question, my apology.

I plan to go about this slowly once I get the kit. I will be installing the header first to get it out of the way... and I think mine has an exaust leak anyhow. Then I would like to go ahead and install the injectors / fuel rail after that. Assuming I change nothing else, is it okay to install the injectors and fuel rail on all factory equipment and computer settings? Would I need the Apex-i SAFC II installed first to do this?

A few more on tuning. How much am I looking for to get it tuned on Chrome as Matt has suggested to me? Do tuners usually also tune an adjustable cam gear along with this service? Matt is including this gear as well with the kit. If I can do this myself I would like to do it before taking it to the tuner and get it adjusted... but would the tuning itself change how the gear needs to be set?

If I missed anything that I should know I would love to hear it. Again, I'm not even sure what I should be searching for so I would like to thank you guys in advance to taking the time to read this. I am very confident in my ability to install the equipment but setting it up is something I have no clue on. I have torn down and rebuilt totally stock engines to totally OEM specs with the OEM parts before... but modding is new to me.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A few n00b questions (sundownz)

you can adjust the fuel pressure with the "B&M adjustable fuel pressure regulator"

tuning prices vary from place to place. Yes they should tune the cam gear dearing all of that.