Notices

fake tial problems messed up turbo =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fake tial problems messed up turbo =(

well after dynoing at redline performance in arlington and making 300 whp at 15 psi on a shitty ebay turbo kit with a super 60 T3 .48 ar on a ls/vtec the shitty fake tial took a dump and caused the car to boost up to 18 psi or so hitting the boost cut. after opening it up some allen screws inside the wastegate has came loose and was juss sitting inside the wastegate casing. after putting it back on, the car is back to normal but the turbo seems to be smoking a lot now this is the first case of the fake tial failing that i know of...
Old 08-20-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (Jockobo)

sorry to hear that. i guess looks can be decieving
Old 08-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jockobo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well after dynoing at redline performance in arlington and making 300 whp at 15 psi on a shitty ebay turbo kit with a super 60 T3 .48 ar on a ls/vtec the shitty fake tial took a dump and caused the car to boost up to 18 psi or so hitting the boost cut. after opening it up some allen screws inside the wastegate has came loose and was juss sitting inside the wastegate casing. after putting it back on, the car is back to normal but the turbo seems to be smoking a lot now this is the first case of the fake tial failing that i know of...</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are af ew things i woudl buy fake. one would be bov, something small, but a wastegate, I would spend the extra for a real one.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (integlspwr2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there are af ew things i woudl buy fake. one would be bov, something small, but a wastegate, I would spend the extra for a real one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And that is because its something that controls how much boost your engine is getting, and lets say it stuck hard and you didint have a boost cut! 30 psi here comes the ground!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (Blind Fashion)

even the pos blow off valve that was in the kit ended up not working...btw it's a vecco kit...
Old 08-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jockobo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even the pos blow off valve that was in the kit ended up not working...btw it's a vecco kit...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea that is a ebay kit cause I never heard of that. Did phong tune it? Was it with hondata?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (redturbocivic)

those ebay kits seem cheap when u r buying them but after replacing all the parts you end up paying more than a Rev Hard or Drag kit.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (Turbocivic94)

yep phong tuned it with hondata...
Old 08-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is your motor built? if not maybe some thing happend to the motor running that nuch boost, but if you have the ss autocrap turbo then your probly right the turbos on its way out
Old 08-21-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: fake tial problems messed up turbo =( (B18C1CYA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jockobo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well after dynoing at redline performance in arlington and making 300 whp at 15 psi on a shitty ebay turbo kit with a super 60 T3 .48 ar on a ls/vtec the shitty fake tial took a dump and caused the car to boost up to 18 psi or so hitting the boost cut. after opening it up some allen screws inside the wastegate has came loose and was juss sitting inside the wastegate casing. after putting it back on, the car is back to normal but the turbo seems to be smoking a lot now this is the first case of the fake tial failing that i know of...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I posted a few days ago about my fake tial leaking. I think I fixed it by tightening the banjo bolts - BUT when I took the WG apart, I noticed that the set screws which hold the diaphragm assembly to the valve were not very tight on mine too! I guess I'll tighten the hizzell out of them when I change the wastegate spring....

Sorry to hear your bad luck!