Notices

Experience of Hondata traction control on B18 Turbo (or any high power motor 600whp+)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience of Hondata traction control on B18 Turbo (or any high power motor 600whp+)

I am in the process of installing this to my time attack car but am looking for some pointers as to the setup, and relative success that people have had with it.

The car is approx 2400lb with driver/fuel, on Slicks/Semi Slicks, 600~whp at peak. Im looking to see if people have deviated far from the stock settings loaded from factory? And also just to understand from real world users just how it works day to day for them.

I assume it is a case of finding the optimal "slip %", but do you use the rotary **** to have different settings dependent on condition? and even then what would you set it up as for example....bone dry...minimal slip % vs wet, maximum slip %?

Any help and as i say "Real world" usage experience would be greatly received!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Experience of Hondata traction control on B18 Turbo (or any high power motor 600w

So just to clarify one of the questions.

If you have the rotary switch in position 1, where 0 is "off", does that then (by the default table) only use the 1% slip and 5 degree retard cells in the setup?

...position 2 would use the 2% and 10 degree retard
...position 3 would use the 5% and 15 degree etc....??

is that how it works?

If so is the key to find the optimum slip % and put that as your setting 1 and then dial it back from that point?
Old 06-21-2019, 06:55 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Experience of Hondata traction control on B18 Turbo (or any high power motor 600w

Never used it for time attack, (via Haltech not Hondata), as I've found it to fight throttle steering a bit too much even on courses I know intimately, coming out of some corners, and I had to write down each adjustment change. After session 5 I just turned it off. perhaps I'm just not willing to work with it long enough to see the benefits.

but It does work in straight line applications.

i don't know if any of that is informative for you.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats useful info thankyou! I guess if it was too intrusive in corners it could be dialled back further? I think this will be a lot of trial and error, but im up for the challenge Just got to get it working at all first!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:49 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Listerofsmeg
Thats useful info thankyou! I guess if it was too intrusive in corners it could be dialled back further? I think this will be a lot of trial and error, but im up for the challenge Just got to get it working at all first!
I didn't dial it back, I just disengaged it completely.

Hope you find it useful for circuit
Old 06-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im going to give it my best shot.....struggling to get the front sensors to read at the moment (retrofitting)