Notices

exhaust hangers and location question...

Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust hangers and location question...

ok, first off i dont know if this is the right section to post this but i trust you guys haha... i just got done with my new suspension setup and it rides incredibly stiff i dont mind the ride, however, my 3" exhaust keeps comming off its hangers and bouncing around like crazy... its a major pain in the ***... now.. i have a 3" DP as well with a flex pipe and everything.. if i were to use some rebare or a rod and weld that from the exhaust near the mufflers to the unibody would that cause any problems? i know the rubber hangers are on there for a reason probably to relieve stress on the system.. but the flex should help that out.. will i damage anything to badly if i do this? thanks guys...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (turboH22Aakkord)

That will work, I have the rear/axles section of my exhaust on my crx attaches to the frame with a bushing and bolt(Not stock location). It will stiffen up your exhaust system and allow for less sway, also you can bend up the ends of the hangers, or zip tie them to the bushing so they don't fall off. Do what ever works, but connecting the exhaust to the frame will not hurt anything, just make sure it's a good weld, or it will crack after a year or so. I've run mine with no problems for 3 years+, but will be changing up soon, and plan to do the same. Hope this helps
Old 05-18-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (Mugencrxsir1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That will work, I have the rear/axles section of my exhaust on my crx attaches to the frame with a bushing and bolt(Not stock location). It will stiffen up your exhaust system and allow for less sway, also you can bend up the ends of the hangers, or zip tie them to the bushing so they don't fall off. Do what ever works, but connecting the exhaust to the frame will not hurt anything, just make sure it's a good weld, or it will crack after a year or so. I've run mine with no problems for 3 years+, but will be changing up soon, and plan to do the same. Hope this helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude awesome info man! i never thought of using the zip ties on the bushings... and i would bend my hangers.. but most of them have broken off becasue of the new suspension being so damn stiff... so im deff. going to fab something up .. thanks man...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (turboH22Aakkord)

zip ties ftw!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (DJ Gurgla GSR)

Zip ties are a ghetto mans fantasy!!!!!!!

But if it works and is a quick fix, why not. Damn premadonna's!!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (DJ Gurgla GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ Gurgla GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">zip ties ftw!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: exhaust hangers and location question... (Mugencrxsir1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zip ties are a ghetto mans fantasy!!!!!!!

But if it works and is a quick fix, why not. Damn premadonna's!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

amen dude... kinda like JB weld haha i got your back dude! thanks again.