Notices

Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!!

Well i went almost 5 months and i guess it was just my time.

It went basically like this i was driving home after work on my way home to my 18 pack, bbq, and VMA's and i noticed my car started to feel funny my temp guage started acting up but no big deal i had been in traffic for about an hour. Needle went back down to normal and I keet driving and then notice the needle moving fairly quickly toward the evil "H" i put the car in nuetral and take the exit and coast to the gas station. AS i pull into the gas station i hear a loud ping and the car shuts off. I popped the hood and the water resorvior was filled with almost boiling water. (headgasket blown) I let the car cool of and fill it up with water to get the car home.

My friend Danny from Jotech meets me up there to follow me home. We start the car temp is fine so we head on our way then 3 miles from our destination the the car began knocking louder and louder then finally caboom, i hear parts flying and look in my rear view as Rod #1 hits Dannys bumber and then a cloud of black smoke fills the air. Car dies and we coast it to it's death.

It's a wierd feeling i didnt know how to react i just know i was sad, mad, and very sad. I loved that motor and now it's gone. I went home drank 8 beers and we went back and towed it home wheres it now sitting lifeless in my driveway.

The rod came out the front of the block leaving a hole big enough to fit my hand in. When we picked up the car we walked the shoulder to try to find the rod to keep as a souvinier, but no luck it was too dark. Well tonight no partying we are pulling my motor tonight and ill give more details tomorrow on our progress. I just hope the head is fine so it wont be too much of a dent on the wallet for my new motor coming soon. Me car is down for now, but i will be back up and hopefully breaking in my new block by next weekend.

Old 08-30-2002, 07:48 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (quikb20)

I know your pain
Old 08-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (GruvyTune)

I feel ya.......I just lost compression on a cylinder.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (Speed PHreak)

I can top it. Last week was on the dyno for dyno drags. All the local mustang guys are there (most are **** talkers). First two pulls 308 at the wheels, but the nitrous was not hitting. kept blowing the fuse. (the nitrous worked fine on the street). 30 amp fuse installed and third pull. car sounded nasty big power comming !!!!! POP (nitrous backfire, 40 wet shot) then BBBOOOOOOMMMMMM, PING, CLANG KNOCK, KNOCK. and that was the gist of it. two huge holes in the block, piston upside down (#2) sticking out the frint of the block. rod bolts, rings big honda pieces, coolant, oil all over the dyno. BUt is was just a stock motor gs-r. Hondas dont like nitrous backfires under full boost (14 psi).

Pics soon to come.

Looking for a gs-r head opr longblock at the moment.

I do feel your pain.

Its all good fun.
Sean

[Modified by lbz34, 10:12 PM 8/30/2002]
Old 08-30-2002, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (lbz34)

Iggy, damn it dude...I am coming back....to help you build your motor....

it'll be faster mang...don;t worry..it can't get any worse....

Old 08-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (Flamenco-NA)

Iggy, damn it dude...I am coming back....to help you build your motor....

it'll be faster mang...don;t worry..it can't get any worse....
He already has a spare block. Iggy I need pics of that. Let me know if I can go over and take some pics.

art
Old 08-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (Arturbo)

Hey Iggy wasn't that the block you wanted to sell me? That sucks ***** dude...I hope your up a running again soon.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (turbocoupe)

I just spun a rod bearing in my integra 3 weeks ago. F*cked up the bottom half of my block (its warped quite bad), the head and pistons are okay (thank god). One of my eagle rods got burnt real bad, so gonna get it machined and use a thicker rod bearing in hopes that it will be able to work like normal. Still its sitting in the garage, as i'm unable to find another bottom half B18C block (with a good condition crankshaft), since these engines have become extremely popular since the F&F. So i'm driving my CRVTEC Civic around. Not as fun.. not as sporty.. but hell, it'll do I hope you have a spare car to drive around.. Good luck with the engine rebuild!
Old 08-30-2002, 11:58 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (quikb20)

IGGY! dude I wish i could be there man. although im at lake travis drinken margaritas so im not complaining haha. sorry man, probably not what u wanna hear right now but since I cant be there u HAVE to take pics. U better take pics for me to see when i get back in town. dont worry dude, this all happened for a reason. in the long run its gonna work out for the best.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sucks man Hope you get that shti running again.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sucks to hear that...atleast you get to rebuild and strengthen it up some...
Old 08-31-2002, 01:22 AM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

can anyone say terrible R/S ratio? sorry to hear it man, it is always shitty to have a motor blow. next one will be better stronger, faster...we have the technology
stan
Old 08-31-2002, 02:05 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (90crxsi)

can anyone say terrible R/S ratio?
Good point.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:22 AM
New User

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (Arturbo)

ouch. that sux, man.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (dlplayboy)

ouch
dayum
whoa

to rebuilds
Old 08-31-2002, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (stick)

chris im sure ur having fun, u bastard. Anyhow progress is going like this project didnt start last night because i started drinking and never stopped, but me and redlinsgsr woke up early this morning and got a good bit out of the way. Car is on jackstands right now outside. Turbo, manifold, wasgate ect are off, valvecover, cams, and everything is off. We are now breaking had lunch and waiting for Danny so we can pull the head off tonight.

So far the head looks fine, cylinder one has some oil on the spark plug.

Art ill pm you my new #. I live with philip now, the house where the party was at.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:02 PM
New User

Sister Im sorry I can keep your turbo if you want to LOL.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (Melanieboost)

Give u my turbo, sorry sista, im keeping it.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:26 AM
New User

so, any determination on what failed? I'm guessing you spun a rod bearing
Old 09-03-2002, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (VaporTrail)

Well first thought other night was spun rod bearing, but from what it looks like i think the bolts on the end cap of the rod backed out and then once that was done of half the rod went thru front of the block.

Progress is like this my head is off and my head and new block will be @ jotech in a couple hours to add some finishing touches before being put in back my car. Hopefully ill be up and running by next monday.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:45 AM

can this be true....two nightmares in one househols....as you all know iggy moved in despite my cheating wife is now been kicked to the curb leaving me the best bachleor pad in town. well the day after iggys motor went kaboom i spun a main bearing so needless to say we had a fun weekend at the house STUCK woth no ride! I bought an ls bottom end new itr pistons ls rods and crank to start piecing my new frankenstein together....pray for us we need a string of good luck on our side
Old 09-03-2002, 09:03 AM
Smarter than you

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (redlinegsr)

dude its insane, peoples cars around here are going down like fire flies. im scared im next. We are having our own episode of final destination.

Riceboy(blake)- blows head gasket and finds out he has stripped head bolt threads.
RedlineGSR(phillip)- miss shifts and bends every valve in the head.
Danny(doesnt post)- tranny popped out of 3rd gear and bent valves too.
quikB20(Iggy)- threw rod and destroyed motor
RedlineGSR again- spun a main bearing

and thats not including mike who blew his RX7 motor, my friend nick who blew his RX7 motor, and jarods(93LS) bad luck of getting hit again RIGHT AFTER he got his car back from a brand new paint job.

am i next? is this final destination "Im coming for ur motor" the car episode.. maybe it already came to me and caused my tranny problems, or maybe its still coming for motor. Im getting tuned on sept 18th w/ my hondata and upping the boost, u guys think i should be scared? hehe

oh and that list doesnt include stan(flamenco-t) blowing his motor(6 months ago though) and tricia(sayang) bendign valves in her head and then her car got stolen a few weeks ago. u guys think everything is just cause and effect or alot of bad luck?

[Modified by DIRep972, 6:08 PM 9/3/2002]
Old 09-03-2002, 09:12 AM
New User

Well first thought other night was spun rod bearing, but from what it looks like i think the bolts on the end cap of the rod backed out and then once that was done of half the rod went thru front of the block.
That was my next guess. Rod bolts on those motors are really weak.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (VaporTrail)

hey chris, then i got a CEL on my GSR. bad 02 sensor tho.
add that to ur list. i know im not boosted but the other one is

good luck to all the DFW guys in getting their motors back in action and better than before.

chris when u gonna get tuned?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Smarter than you

Default Re: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!! (stick)

hey chris, then i got a CEL on my GSR. bad 02 sensor tho.
add that to ur list. i know im not boosted but the other one is

good luck to all the DFW guys in getting their motors back in action and better than before.

chris when u gonna get tuned?
hehe, actually, im just sitting back luaghing at all these guys blowing their LS/b20vtec's and GSR's up while my stock LS just keeps tugging along. but when everyone gets back in action things are gonna be FUN cause everyone will b faster then before. I should be tuned on the 18th of sept.

[Modified by DIRep972, 8:38 PM 9/3/2002]

Quick Reply: Everybody's worst nightmare, my motor is officially dead!!!!!!