Notices

Erl Mf2 instead of a fuel solenoid for nitrous?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erl Mf2 instead of a fuel solenoid for nitrous?

I'm looking at building a direct port nitrous setup. I already have an erl mf2. I'm wondering if I can avoid buying the fuel side of the nitrous system and use the mf2 for that.

My main concern is being able to use the mf2 to control 4 injectors. The directions say that it can do this, however it is not clear on how to do so. Has anyone here used an mf2 to control 4 injectors and how did you go about it?

Modified by Foowee at 12:21 PM 6/1/2008
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erl Mf2 instead of a fuel solenoid for nitrous? (Foowee)

Anyone?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how is it possible to avoid buying the fuel side of the nitrous kit? Even if your building a "custom" kit, you have to buy nozzles. The difference would be dry nozzles vs wet and they cost the same so you won't be saving any money going dry.

As far as fuel distribution, the wet nozzles are better because the nitrous bottle pressure assits in the fuel attomization so if you decide to use fuel injectors, you'll be losing performance

Old 06-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erl Mf2 instead of a fuel solenoid for nitrous? (jewjew bean)

I already have the parts for the fuel side... ie mf2, injectors, and an additional rail. I also already have a 10lb. bottle. So all I'd have to buy is 4 fan nozzles, jets, a powershot solenoid, misc. switches n tubing. It all adds up to about $250 w/new parts.

I'm pretty sure an injector is going to atomize fuel just as well as any fogger nozzle.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foowee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm pretty sure an injector is going to atomize fuel just as well as any fogger nozzle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

your wrong.

Go for it. I bet it'll work like ****.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jewjew sand[racial pejorative &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]

you're wrong.

Go for it. I bet it'll work like ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jewjew bean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The difference would be dry nozzles vs wet and they cost the same so you won't be saving any money going dry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://store.summitracing.com/...w=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/...w=sku

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jewjew bean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as fuel distribution, the wet nozzles are better because the nitrous bottle pressure assits in the fuel attomization so if you decide to use fuel injectors, you'll be losing performance</TD></TR></TABLE>

How does lack of atomization have anything to with distribution in a directport setup? I could see your point if we were talking about a single nozzle at the throttlebody.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I meant fuel distribution as in the fuel and the nitrous mixing together. Did you ever hear about NX Shark Nozzles?

Like I said, go for it.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me put it this way for you......

The wet nozzles will work better than the dry nozzles + addition injectors because the bottle pressure will help atomize the fuel.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that picture you posted is just nitrous so it there's no comparison and if it was nitrous + fuel, it just proves my point.

Especially if you place the injector after the nozzle, the air is going to be saturated with fuel. That means it won't be carried into the cylinder like it should. You have to remember that the air flow before the nitrous jet, is the same as if you weren't spraying.

You need the nitrous to assist the fuel into the cylinder.