Notices

Equal lenght manifolds

Old 01-28-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equal lenght manifolds (pics inside)

what do you guys think? are the manifolds sold by nuimage autosports, elite hatch, viren, and others truly equal lenght? and if so why are they relativly inexpensive($599+tax)? opinions greatly appriciated! if you would like to see the manifold go to http://www.type-Rracing.com

[Modified by onetwothree, 4:33 PM 1/28/2003]

[Modified by onetwothree, 4:34 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (onetwothree)

looks to be the same as OBX and cost alittle more if that's the typer racing one. Just go with the inline pro manifold.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:15 AM

They are cheaper because most of them are made with cheaper 304 stainless steel, not 321 stainless steel which is much more resistant to cracking....

Dave
Super T motorsports
http://www.supertmotorsports.com
Old 01-28-2003, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (SuperT)

there was a topic with the same manifold and i found it on http://www.thepartstrader.com but it is not on there anymore and he wanted $450 shipped but on one of the pics the bleeder on the clutch was i should say inside the inlet

and he said you just have to turn the turbo but i said how you cant that way and i ended it there with that one
Old 01-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is becuase they crack, and the wastegate ends up falling off. read the other threads, or just search for "meng"
Old 01-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (FFgeoff)

opinions are opinions........but i have first hand fact.....i know of six+ cars im my area alone with this exact manifold used for daily driving with no smaller that a t3/t04e 60 trim turbo and only one of the manifolds has cracked. plus they are proven to make power on a b-series turbo car! i have seen many equal length turbo manifolds and as manifolds go these are made with some pretty thinck steel. even a few of the guys from inline have commented on the quality.

[Modified by boostin b16, 1:18 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:21 AM

full-race
Old 01-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (boostfedb18)

Full-race=full price....still a damn good manifold tho!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (boostin b16)

Full-race=full price....still a damn good manifold tho!
I won't lie the full-race is pricy...but you get what you pay for
Old 01-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Banned

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (autoEXturbo)

looks to be the same as OBX and cost alittle more if that's the typer racing one. Just go with the inline pro manifold.
yeah..... no offense guys but it seems the only people that like that manifold are the NuImage boys. Personally I wouldnt run one because for the money there are some better ones on the market for the money.. SFP, Max-Rev, InlinePro, Rev-hard... etc.

I'll give yah this, the finish on the manifold is beautiful
Old 01-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are in the market for a midrange manifold, the inlines are nice becuase they are very difficult to crack. While the meng will flow well, it wont last all that long. I know a guy who has one on an Si and has had nothing but problems with it. Who runs a 4 bolt turbo on a mengheader mani/TRR/VSR/Spark etc mani? just curious how well it fits.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (DR. ON POINT)

yeah totally i agree. I would much rather have an inline over the meng, if you run a 5 bolt turbo.

If you run a 4 bolt, the inline becomes much less attractive.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Banned

FFgeoff makes some awesome manifolds.... some of the best I have ever seen
Old 01-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man just none that can keep AC
Old 01-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Banned

AC is overrated

Funny story..... there were a bunch of manifolds sitting around one day..one looked extremely shity, I picked it up and asked what it was, they said Max-Rev... so for a while I thought Max-Rev was shitty, low and behold the manifold I picked up was some home made piece of **** and the one next to it was the Max-Rev.... I thought Max-Rev ws shitty for like 2 weeks.... now nothing but respect
Old 01-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE]looks to be the same as OBX and cost alittle more if that's the typer racing one. Just go with the inline pro manifold.

yeah..... no offense guys but it seems the only people that like that manifold are the NuImage boys. Personally I wouldnt run one because for the money there are some better ones on the market for the money.. SFP, Max-Rev, InlinePro, Rev-hard... etc.

I'll give yah this, the finish on the manifold is beautiful [/QUOTE

so explain to me how these manifolds are better.......i really don't see how they can be. they look good. proform well, and are durable enough for daily driving.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

... i dont work at maxrev i left there like a year ago now. i havent seen the recent stuff, from what i hear its not as nice as the stuff was last year, but who knows. The stuff coming out of there when i was there was really nice, but the same people arent working there anymore...
Old 01-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Banned

so explain to me how these manifolds are better.......i really don't see how they can be. they look good. proform well, and are durable enough for daily driving.
the NuImage maniold seems to be made out of cheap metal. I personally dont like the wastegate position, seems to be ran off one runer. Manifold looks heavy and there doesnt seem to be any supporting brackets. The NuImage manifold is suposedly a equal length manifold. It doesnt really look lik a equal length maniold... It looks like a mix betwen a equal length manifold and a regular maniflod.

This my friend is a equal length manfold and jut about the same price I believe. Id rater have one of these over anything.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if i had a race car(hence the name "full-race") i would gladly run manifold like that. but lets be honest there is way too much money and fitment effort to run that manifold on a street car. and how can you say that the nuimage manifold runs off one runner? the wastgate is positioned in the same place just to the left side of the flange making it just as efficient. i would say each design has some flaws but all in all it would be up to the purchaser. i personally like the show quality of the nuimage manifold and i have see it on some ver very fast cars!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Banned

if i had a race car(hence the name "full-race") i would gladly run manifold like that. but lets be honest there is way too much money and fitment effort to run that manifold on a street car. and how can you say that the nuimage manifold runs off one runner? the wastgate is positioned in the same place just to the left side of the flange making it just as efficient. i would say each design has some flaws but all in all it would be up to the purchaser. i personally like the show quality of the nuimage manifold and i have see it on some ver very fast cars!
That manifold is totally streetable. There are a few members on this board that run that on their street cars. The wastegate position to me seems a lil different, but than again I never can get a good pic of tht manifold.

I have seen some Drag manifolds on some very fast cars, does that make it a good manifold? No we all know drag manifolds suck.

I probably have the same opinion as half the members on this bard. Show is ******* stupid. If it works it works. I could care less about the finish. If it works, it works.

Not trying to bash, just stating my opinion.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wastegate placement

Old 01-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Banned

Now Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is that a street car?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:12 AM

Dude its a little OBVIOUS you like the FullRace manifold. . .as well as everyone on the board. Unfortunately, not everyone is friggin Bill Gates (no offense Geoff cuz you're manifolds are killer). I went with the "meng style" b/c I hadnt read anything HORRIBLE happening that couldnt have been avoided (brace the thing geez) and I'm not running a monster snail. To each his own. . .
Old 01-28-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (AVATAR)

When you guys say Equal length do you just mean not a log manifold? Alot of these manifolds that are called equal length are not exactly equal. For example Geoffs 2 and 3 are a few inches longer then 1 and 4. I just wanted some clarification on the terms your using.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Equal lenght manifolds (Overblown-Teg)

Let's also be reasonable. We would all love to have the full-race manifold as we all would like to have 1000 dollars to spend on the full race manifold. For the money is the nu image manifold a good choice versus the inline cast non equal lenght? They are both 600 bux. Please no more full race manifold replies, there manifold is not up for debate here. I just wanted to know why everybody prefered the inline on over the equal lenght nu image one. Same price but I thought the equal lenght was suppose to out perform the non equal lenght. I'm leanin twards the Nu-image so far if equal is suppose to be better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Equal lenght manifolds