Notices

Enlighten me: How does a bigger fuel pump on the same injectors make you run richer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enlighten me: How does a bigger fuel pump on the same injectors make you run richer?

How can a bigger fuel pump alone make you run richer, if you've still got the bottleneck of say, stock injectors? Technically, wouldn't it flow the same and create a "traffic" effect of fuel in your system, or wouldn't it overwhelm the stock (or whatever) injectors and wear them out faster if they're already close to maxed out?

Am I making sense?
Or just pulling another all-nighter and using H-T as my procrastination device?

You be the judge.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Enlighten me: How does a bigger fuel pump on the same injectors make you run richer? (boostincou

Well one way you get more fuel from the same sized injectors is more pressure. I have a 255 pump with a stock fpr and injectors (for when I run stock) and I dont think it runs rich...I have dyno sheets w/ a/f read outs showing it doesn't. So my honest opinion is that it doesn't make you run richer....oh yea, it also passes CA smog
Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Enlighten me: How does a bigger fuel pump on the same injectors make you run richer? (boostincou

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sporkcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well one way you get more fuel from the same sized injectors is more pressure. I have a 255 pump with a stock fpr and injectors (for when I run stock) and I dont think it runs rich...I have dyno sheets w/ a/f read outs showing it doesn't. So my honest opinion is that it doesn't make you run richer....oh yea, it also passes CA smog </TD></TR></TABLE>

So it's useless in regards to making you run richer if you stick with stock injectors?

It can't be.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:47 AM

Well from what i've read. A larger fuel pump can cause you to run richer cause the increased flow overwhelms the stock fuel preassure regualtor's ability to return fuel back into the tank. So this backup is causing increased rail preassure which would cause you to run rich.

Here is a article about moding the stock FPR to help aleviate the problem
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/regulator/

But you can just buy a adjustable FPR and fix it that way too.

I don't know if this is all true or not maybe somone who knows can correct me if I made a mistake. It just somthing I've read here on HT.

GL
Old 12-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How can a bigger fuel pump alone make you run richer, if you've still got the bottleneck of say, stock injectors? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pressure
Old 12-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eddyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well from what i've read. A larger fuel pump can cause you to run richer cause the increased flow overwhelms the stock fuel preassure regualtor's ability to return fuel back into the tank. So this backup is causing increased rail preassure which would cause you to run rich. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's correct.