Notices

Engine missfiring/rough idle w/JRSC

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine missfiring/rough idle w/JRSC

My friend and I have finished installing a JRSC w/boost ugrade on a 97 ITR engine. The engine starts, but idles at around 1k rpm and seems to be missfiring. Now, the boost upgrade kit did come with a BTC(boost timing controller), however we havnt installed this yet. Reason we have not installed this...kinda long story...is well the car is originally a 95 Integra S.E. Engine was taken out and we are dropping in a ITR motor. So, we were assuming that the cause of the rough idle was had nothing to do w/the JRSC, and possibly something else. Anyhow, getting off topic here....well, if anyone knows if the BTC would maybe fix the problem, or any other suggestions, would greatly appreciate it. As you can see....we have gotten ourselves into a mess.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Engine missfiring/rough idle w/JRSC (DC2_TEG)

Skip the BTC and go Hondata, seriously.

Rough idle can be caused by running rich. At this point its a matter of tuning.
Any CELs?
Old 02-07-2004, 01:13 PM

how did it run before the install?
Old 02-07-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Engine missfiring/rough idle w/JRSC (Muckman)

I wanted to get hondata probably later down the road...if thats even possible. Dumb question, but what is CEL? And as to how it ran before, done know. As soon as the engine came in, we just put the JRSC on and dropped it in the car.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:31 PM

If I was burning rich, how would i come about to solving this problem. See, its hard to explain and confusing, because the car had so many changes. Originally being a 95 S.E., it was OBD1. Engine came with a OBD2 sensor, so I had to get a jumper harness. Then, we got the JRSC on, after everything put together, we get this problem. So, I dont really know if the problem is from the JRSC , or somewhere else. Yes, I am VERY confused. Trying to eliminate things here n there, so i can find the problem. So, BTC wont solve my problems then I'm assuming. Well, the kit came w/a fuel pump, didnt install that. Also, not JRSC related, but by the battery/shock tower there are plugs that connect w/the main engine wiring harness. Mine has 3 that are plugged in, but one is not. That one thats not plugged in is a 6 cavitie or wire plug. Are there supose to be 3 or 4? AHHH!!! I dont know wut to do anymore!!!!.....thanks again for the suggestions/help
Old 02-09-2004, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Engine missfiring/rough idle w/JRSC (Muckman)

As for CEL's, yes there were a few. One for the secondary O2 sensor, MAP, TPS, and the CKP. The MAP and TPS were mismatched, so I switched em around. Still, the car idles rough at around 1k rpm.