Notices

Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

close

Last edited by boxeocampeon; 11-06-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

I think the lht intercooler mod is only for b-series motors. I'd probably go with both, but I'd rank the lht mod over the reworked sc.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can. They are 2 totally seperate modifications.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should talk to john at lht and see what he has to say about endyns blower mod
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Well i wouldn't rebuild the blower if nothings wrong with it, you can send it to http://www.magnusonproducts.com/reman/index.htm and have them check the blower and if it needs a rebuild you can go from there, i ended up selling my used kit and for the money i would of payed to rebuild the blower i just put it to buying a new jrsc kit, cause id rather have a brand new one instead of a rebuilt blower and i also paid extra and got me the race version heat exchanger and manifold for the b series from lht.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Icon6 Re: Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

It all depends on what you want to do with the charger and how much you want to spend. Both your options require at least $1000 if you really want to draw as much power from your JRSC system. Are you going to be a hard core road racer? daily driver? drag racer?

Also let's not forget the most important parts of this equation, engine management and tuning.

If you do not have the proper engine management (Hondata, etc.) plus tuning then all that money you spent to upgrade your supercharger is all for naught.

As for your D-series with the JRSC, there is only so much you can do before it becomes a bit futile.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boxeocampeon
well i want to keep it a dd street legal cus im in cali but im going to be doing drag and autox on the weekends. i was planning on getting an AEM ecu for tuning. i was thinking about selling the supercharger and using that money along with the money i was gonna use for LHT intercooler and endyn blower to purchase an edelbrock turbo kit. it comes with the garrett gt28r turbo i believe. would i be better off this way? i dont want to much lag on that turbo tho?
The LHT mod and/or Kamikaze header make your car not street legal in CA. Greddy & Edelbrock make CARB legal turbo kits I believe. You can't have a fast & legal Honda in CA.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

Originally Posted by Ldo
The LHT mod and/or Kamikaze header make your car not street legal in CA. Greddy & Edelbrock make CARB legal turbo kits I believe. You can't have a fast & legal Honda in CA.
The LHT mod does not modify your emissions at all, so why would you say it is not smog legal? CA CARB exempt? No number on top of the new manifold?

As for your Kami header, that is a simple fix. Either run a DC header which has a CARB exemption or keep a spare stock header for your smog visual inspection.

The true question you want to ask yourself, (and be honest) is this truly going to be a daily driver? Are you really going to autocross it? Are you seriously going to drag race it? Or will you just be a hard parker?

Just by reading your posts, you have no idea what you want to do.

Last edited by Blue-Civic-Hybrid; 04-04-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Incorrect info
Old 04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
The true question you want to ask yourself, (and be honest) is this truly going to be a daily driver? Are you really going to autocross it? Are you seriously going to drag race it? Or will you just be a hard parker?

Just by reading your posts, you have no idea what you want to do.
A bit harsh, no?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
The LHT mod does not modify your emissions at all, so why would you say it is not smog legal? CA CARB exempt? No number on top of the new manifold?
You are tampering with it to allow for possible higher boost. Just like it would fail if you replace the stock pulley on the charger. Stock JRSC is CARB exempted for 6psi only. It may not fail tailpipe test, but will fail the Visual Inspection.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: Endyn vs LHT rebuild for JRSC

Originally Posted by Jaker
A bit harsh, no?
Slightly, but life is harsh too. I blame the earthquake that I just had here in San Diego.