Notices

Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit...

Old 10-20-2001, 07:53 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit...

http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/

be funny to see how many "haters"(as kids like to say) end up with one of these...
Old 10-20-2001, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (Zeus)

oooh oooh oooh... i have one!!! except i didnt have to buy it from endyn... i can make one... buy mine!

endyn is such a bs'er... and i have many reasons to believe this... i dont even want to get into another discussion about him... its not worth it
Old 10-20-2001, 09:34 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (Zeus)

this hater might get one
Old 10-20-2001, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (TurboR616)

i could care less about Larry but there is no denying the man is smart, too bad hes a whining
a55hole.

btw i picked up one of those moroso cans a while back just been too lazy to install it...
Old 10-20-2001, 09:47 AM
New User

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (lucas569)

I agree, Larry is smart as hell. He just needs to treat people as he would like to be treated. He has his golden rule, but himself violates the real golden rule!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a rip-off. Same can in jegs for $69.99. All he did is add a 2 dollar pcv valve some rubber hose, clamps and 2 barbed connectors. Oh yeah and another 70 bucks. What a F'n scammer All the parts he added mught come to a total of 10 bucks. Never dealt with him, but he seems like a schmuck.....
Old 10-20-2001, 02:36 PM
New User

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (93LSivic)

Yeah i agree he is a B@llShiter .. How about that Bogus Endyn Oil.I met Larry down at E-town during early summer.. Never Purchased anything from him and never will... E.N.D.Y.N. two down
Old 10-20-2001, 02:52 PM
zip
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (93LSivic)

What a rip-off. Same can in jegs for $69.99. All he did is add a 2 dollar pcv valve some rubber hose, clamps and 2 barbed connectors. Oh yeah and another 70 bucks. What a F'n scammer All the parts he added mught come to a total of 10 bucks. Never dealt with him, but he seems like a schmuck.....
You can even have a cheaper open atmosphere PCV setup. Just get a 3 feet long 3/8" hose from the PCV oil tank, take out the PCV and replace it with a barb fitting, and then route the hose from the oil tank to underneath the chassis. Attach the hose underneath the shift stabilzer bar and the ground effects while driving will help evacuate the crankcase vapors at idle and WOT. Unlike the PCV valve, that only works during vacuum this setup works at vac and atmosphere. The crankcase vapors will never build-up and you won't have a smelly engine compartment.
Old 10-20-2001, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (zip)

You can even have a cheaper open atmosphere PCV setup. Just get a 3 feet long 3/8" hose from the PCV oil tank, take out the PCV and replace it with a barb fitting, and then route the hose from the oil tank to underneath the chassis. Attach the hose underneath the shift stabilzer bar and the ground effects while driving will help evacuate the crankcase vapors at idle and WOT. Unlike the PCV valve, that only works during vacuum this setup works at vac and atmosphere. The crankcase vapors will never build-up and you won't have a smelly engine compartment.
Are you saying just route a hose from the oil separator tank to the ground?
Old 10-20-2001, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (ek9t)

What exactly is bad about endyn? I thought people loved the rollerwave pistons or something like that no? I understand this scenaio is just that he is overcharging like hell, but what else? Are his products any good (any of them)?

Clear this up for me here...(I should take my business to JE/other for pistons?)
Old 10-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (archmage)

endyn is basically a fraud... he goes ont net trying to convince people he'a all that when in reality he is a nobody... he does sell stuff... he does overprice... and many times he feels he is smarter than he actually is...

just go with je
Old 10-20-2001, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (ek9t)

wow i'm surprised there hasnt been anyone jumping in to protect endyn! soon youll get someone here preaching larry's the next best thing that happened to cars besides the wheel!
Old 10-20-2001, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (lucas569)

i think too many people have finally realized that he's full of it
Old 10-20-2001, 11:11 PM
zip
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (LsTurbo91)

Are you saying just route a hose from the oil separator tank to the ground?
Yes, but not literally to the ground. Attach it somewhere underneath the chassis to keep vapors away from the engine compartment and cabin ventilation. Remember to take out the PCV when doing this mod since you want built up crankcase pressures escaping to atmosphere at anytime. No oil comes from this mod only the built up pressures. I've had my valve cover tube and oil separator tank setup this way for over a year without any problems.

Another added benefit of an open atmosphere setup is that it keeps oily vapors from entering the intake manifold runners and the combustion chamber. The PCV was put in place due to EPA vehicle emission regulations but since most of you turbo guys have illegal setups (no catylytic converters), you might as well do this very cheap effective mod.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:41 PM
Trial User

...only Dustin is missing...
Old 10-22-2001, 03:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (zip)

could you please explain more for me Zip, in laymens terms.

Are you saying, just route the hose off the PCV down to under the car to vent, or add a piece that is a consent flow (ie, no PCV) and route the hose down to the ground? What do you do about the crank case Vent?
Old 10-22-2001, 04:57 PM
New User

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (GraphiteAccord)

sounds interesting... i can make that "kit" myself for $81, but it was a great idea! and without that pic and description i might have never know what to get

As for now... I think I may try the atmosphere route... I'm confused at to what you are venting though. And what does PCV stand for? Would I run a tube from the valve cover to the underbody of the car, and then plug the nipple/vent on the intake manifold? Or do I do the exact opposite? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2001, 06:46 PM
zip
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (GraphiteAccord)

could you please explain more for me Zip, in laymens terms.

Are you saying, just route the hose off the PCV down to under the car to vent, or add a piece that is a consent flow (ie, no PCV) and route the hose down to the ground? What do you do about the crank case Vent?
The PCV is what contributes to the oily intake manifold runners. It's main purpose is to draw the crankcase pressure when there is engine vacuum. The EPA instituted the PCV to keep the crankcase gasses from polluting the atmosphere by having them burned in the combustion process.

In an open atmosphere setup you completely remove the PCV itself and replace it with a barb fitting. Connect the barb fitting into the oil separator (make sure it's very secure). Connect a vac hose to the other end of the barb fitting and lead the hose out of the engine compartment since you don't want your ventilation system to smell like old school V8s. I routed mine underneath the shift stabilzer bar to help evacuate the crankcase gasses when driving. With this setup built up crankcase gasses are free to escape anytime the pressure builds up due to combustion blow by. Many people that drain catch cans in a closed loop PCV setup are just draining mostly condensation when the can cools down and some oil that wasn't caught by the oil separator tank. The PCV is supposed to only draw the crankcase gasses but oil is also drawn which is the pitfall for performance enthusiasts .

I also routed my valve cover hose to the stabilzer bar since it keeps the IAC (idle air control) and TB plate from collecting oily soot over time. HTH
Old 10-22-2001, 07:02 PM
New User

What is a "barb" fitting? Any pictures?

This is what I've gathered....
From my valve cover, I run hose from the 90 degree fitting in the top, back, middle of my valve cover to the atmosphere... then i plug up the nipple on the intakemanifold, right? Or am I going to be running two hoses to under the car? Any pictures would be most helpful

Thanks
Old 10-22-2001, 07:27 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (Pb_Foot)

PCVositive crankcase ventilation

a one way valve used to recirculate crankcase gases and aid ring sealing.
Old 10-22-2001, 07:44 PM
zip
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn haters don't look... nice price on breather/separator kit... (Pb_Foot)

What is a "barb" fitting? Any pictures?

This is what I've gathered....
From my valve cover, I run hose from the 90 degree fitting in the top, back, middle of my valve cover to the atmosphere... then i plug up the nipple on the intakemanifold, right? Or am I going to be running two hoses to under the car? Any pictures would be most helpful

Thanks
1)Valve cover---3/8" vac hose--->attach hose to shift stabilizer bar

2)Oil separator tank---3/8" fitting---3/8" vac hose--->attach hose to shift stabilizer bar

Barb:
/----II----\

\----II----/

The barb is more of a 3/8" extension (mender) fitting to connect two 3/8" hoses together. Or you can just leave the fitting that's already in the oil separator tank and attach a new hose. Make sure you have the PCV completely out of the system for a open atmosphere setup.

Just in case you didn't know the PCV valve looks like this:

BTW, cover the hole in the intake. Also leave some slack for the vac hose to account for the engine torquing.

That's it. It you want breather filters, you can add one to each end of the hoses.

[Modified by zip, 8:46 PM 10/22/2001]
Old 10-22-2001, 07:49 PM
New User

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I'll be playing with that concept tomorrow