Notices

To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business...

Old 10-04-2002, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business...

Since I have heard about this from a bunch of different sources, including Curtis, the owner of MaxRev, I figured it needed to be addressed.

I have heard serveral versions, including one that MaxRev was all ready out of business and displaced.

Here are the facts:

MaxRev was working on manufacturing a supercharger for an NSX, completely custom job. After a lot of the manufacturing was done the owner decided he didn't want to pay for the work and he didn't want the supercharger anymore. MaxRev DID NOT GO OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THIS.

Here is the good news for us:

Now that the supercharger project is over, MaxRev has more time to devote to making us turbo kits With this I will probably hold an end all be all, if you want a turbo kit is fall you get on this deal, deal in the next few days. I have to work everything out over the weekend and I will probably post it up Saturday afternoon.

Here is the bad news:

I still haven't sold my block

Enough gossip, back to work. KS Motorsports, HondaSaver, MaxRev are all doing fine and we are working to get you guys the best deals we can. Stay Tuned.

Kyle
Old 10-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (2K_TEG)

Let me start this out by saying that in no way am I intentionally trying to bash Kyle nor am I trying to stir up some ****, as I’ve been accused of doing the latter quite well. I’m posting this just so anyone that decides to purchase Max-Rev products has an opportunity to make a somewhat informed decision. I’m quite sure Kyle is passing on information as it was relayed to him directly from Curtis.

This is inteded to share what I know of the situation. Given that there are always two sides to every story, let this serve as a small portion of the other side.

To my knowledge many, if not all of the employees of Max–Rev no longer work there. I could give a list of names but feel that it is not necessary at the present time. Also to my knowledge these people have not been replaced. These people were the welders and fabricators at Max-Rev, the heart of the company and those responsible for creating the things we all want.

I have done business in the past with Max-Rev and while I feel they offer a nice product my dealings were not without their own group of headaches. IT took about 7 months for me to get my two B series manifolds, two downpipes and two turbos. In my opinion this seems like a bit too long of a wait given they were payed for in advance. Granted Curtis was always friendly when I could get him on the phone, but none the less it was hard to “catch” him at the shop.

Let me state again that in no way am I tying to bash Kyle as I feel he and the rest of the Hondasaver group do a great job of helping the Honda community. All I’m saying is perhaps a little more research into this whole Max-Rev thing is in order.

Cliffs notes: no employees, no welders, no fabricator = out of business
Old 10-04-2002, 01:31 PM
DS1

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (dust)

i just ordered a manifold last week for my H22 and downpipe and it was shipped right away and i gotta say that curtis is a really good guy to deal with also the guy on this site JAVIER
Old 10-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (DS1)

this place is like a soap-opera at times!
Old 10-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (lucas569)

this place is like a soap-opera at times!
LOL
Old 10-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (dust)

I thought everybody already knew that if you wanted something from Maxrev tomorrow you should have ordered it last year
Old 10-04-2002, 03:15 PM

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (Hatchblack)

i have a max rev manifold... real nice construction. also, i ordered a t3 oil inlet flange (a bit overpriced), and it came really fast. maybe because its a small item, but it was shipped really fast. max rev
Old 10-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (sutrusu)

there have been some rumours floating around....
Old 10-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (SiRkid)

I just ordered all my stuff from the NYOTK groupbuy that Kyle has going on and my Maxrev stuff didn't take terribly long to get here. The turbo, manifold, and downpipe came within a week or so of ordering. The IC and piping took a bit longer but nothing to get all butt hurt over...I'm happy with the quality of the parts I've got, that's for damn sure.

Justin
Old 10-05-2002, 07:59 PM

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (2K_TEG)

Enough gossip, back to work. KS Motorsports, HondaSaver, MaxRev are all doing fine and we are working to get you guys the best deals we can. Stay Tuned.
yup, we're still working
Old 10-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (javierb14)

you are ??
Old 10-05-2002, 10:04 PM

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (javierb14)

Seriously tho how long to get a manifold if i order today?
Old 10-05-2002, 11:13 PM

Javier,
I am looking to get a manifold for an H22a4... What kind of turn around time can i expect after placing the order?? any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated.. all i need for my kit is a manifold, and i have already have had the run around from Ultima Performance in NY for a revhard manifold, cancelled the order after three months, and then placed the order with Importparts for a drag manifold.. after almost two months, i cancelled... so, i am looking for a quality part, without the drawn out wait.. can you guys help or what? drop me a line man... thanks
Old 10-06-2002, 12:02 AM

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (LordVtec)

I ordered a Max-Rev Turbo Kit for my b16 Thursday Sept 18 and it arrived on the
19th I talked with Curtis and every thing seem fine then. The only thing I don't like is that the BOV sucks it putters bad.

So Far so good
Old 10-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (b16sir1)

Sorry guys, I have been away all weekend. To answer some questions.

There is turnaround in every industry. It is just the way things work. I haven't talked to Curtis about who his welder is, or who his fabricators are. I really do not care who is welding the manifolds as long as they continue to produce a quality product at a fair price.

About how long it will take to get your orders. Manifolds are in stock. A lot of each. So, if you want to pay for FedEx 24 hour service, you could have one this time tomorrow Otherwise about a week by ground service and about 3 days Saver service.

Kyle
Old 10-06-2002, 10:42 AM

well then it sounds like i may have just found where to go for my manifold... how do i go about placing an order?
Old 10-06-2002, 11:20 AM

I really do not care who is welding the manifolds as long as they continue to produce a quality product at a fair price.
That is what counts.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:52 AM

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (ijjz)

Thats a quick turnaround. Does Max Rev do wholesale?? I have a few customers that are interested.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (LordVtec)

well then it sounds like i may have just found where to go for my manifold... how do i go about placing an order?
Send me an e-mail. kyle@ks-motorsports.com
Old 10-06-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To end the Rumor Mill, MaxRev is NOT going out of business... (Elite Hatch)

Thats a quick turnaround. Does Max Rev do wholesale?? I have a few customers that are interested.
Send me an