Notices

Ej2 d16y3 mini_me turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ej2 d16y3 mini_me turbo

Hello,
I have a honda ej2 that was d15b7,after a while i did a mini_me conversion that didn t last long because of oil pump failure and oil pressure buld.I knew that it have a problem when it was late.Buying another d15 it was not an option,and a d16 z6. I couldnt find at a resonabile price and in a good condition i ve decided to make my own hybrid.
I have d16z6 head,a p06 that now is in progress to become a p28,a multipoint injection harness.I found for a decent price a short block for d16y3 but 1rod had a spinned bearing,after that a friend of mine gived to me 4 p28pistons with rods.I am a newbee on honda so maybe for some peoples my questions will be silly,but i have to ask because i have searched and didn t find answers.On the internet is writed that all the d series blocks are the same but when i compared my d16y3 block with a d16z6 block i did noticed some differences like water pump,oil pump,etc.
My main question is that i want to turbo this engine,so after calculating d16 block,crank and rods,p28 pistons,d16z6 cylinder head and gasket i will have a 9.14:1 cr. Did i calculate correct?
And because before turbocharging i have to do a mini me,what timing belt do i need,and how do i adjust the timing?
Old 04-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ej2 d16y3 mini_me turbo

At now,block and pistonand rods are at the shop for checking tolerances , (it will be good if someone could give me some of them)they told me that the block needs to be milled for about 0,1mm because is not straight,and cylinders need to be honed.The cylinder head is totaly rebuilded so it is check,but they cant find the timing mark plastic so it will be a little tricky. On tuesday i will have block honed and milled, and pistons back and i will start assembly,but i need to know what ring gap do i need for turbo because i ve readed that for fi is bigger that na.

Please excuxe my english,my grammar and my stupid questions,but i am from another country and beside pf all i am a newbee in honda fi world.
Please,i need your opinions for this setup.Thanks