Notices

EFI or HOndata. i need your advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI or HOndata. i need your advice!

im turbo charging my h22a obdII

should i get a hondata and wast the money with the skunk adapter and obdI ecu. with 600 for hondata thats like 1000 dollars.

the efi tunes f/i obdII cars. it cost 900 bucks. but i don't know many people who have used this.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:55 PM
New User

Default Re: EFI or HOndata. i need your advice! (shivic)

I would go with EFI if you have a good tuner.
Old 03-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EFI or HOndata. i need your advice! (ALLMOTORDC2)

EFI website? I'd like to take a look at it.
Old 03-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Better than steak

Are talking about PMS EFI?

art
Old 03-08-2002, 07:44 PM

Default Re: EFI or HOndata. i need your advice! (Arturbo)

The PMS price has went down to $799. I have it, but I havent gotten a chance to use it yet since I just put my motor back in last weekend. I've heard great things about it. But your at the wrong place if your interested in the PMS, everyone here won't consider anything but Hondata. I'll post my experiences with it as soon as I get the car up and running.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright here is the deal on the EFI PMS unit. I have one, and run the InterACQ software and love it! Doug at EFI has great customer service as well, answers any and all of my questions promptly! The standard pms comes with the hand held terminal that allows you to tune at specific rpm points for fuel and timing. The pms interpolates between the set points to create your fuel/timing map. The hand held controller is powerful for 10 year old technology, but you really need to upgrade to the software to take full advantage of the unit. The software allows you operate the pms in "standalone" mode, which really means that greater tunablity is offered by the unit. There is so many functions that the pms allows you operate with the InterACQ software that i cant really list all of them here. It really is a powerful unit, maybe not as powerful as a haltech, motec, etc, but for a street driven car it works very well.

So very nice features include plug and play 3bar map sensor option, two auxillary ports for water injection or nitrous, and has boost specific tables if using the Gm sensor to enrich your mixture per pound of boost, as well as nitrous tables that can be activated by throttle position. With the software you can also datalog, showing all sensor outputs, as well as hp calculator. You can put all sensor readings into 3-d charts, and can specify different configurations for axis of the graphs. You can also run a secondary wide band oxygen sensor into the oxygen sensor port and datalog with wide band readings. There is so much more that i cant even really think of right now. Basically has a very nice adjustment range for tuning, and the software is user friendly for even unskilled ppl to use (although i dont recommend you do any tuning without knowledge of what you are doing first).

If you have any questions about the unit please feel free to email me at Evansjs@lafayette.edu.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EFI or HOndata. i need your advice! (bQQsted hybrid)

[QUOTE]But your at the wrong place if your interested in the PMS, everyone here won't consider anything but Hondata. [QUOTE]

i agree with you on this one!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:28 PM
New User

Default Re: EFI or HOndata. i need your advice! (pagong)

always good to try out other engine management systems... cuz if it doesnt work out, we can use it as a reason to get Hondata.