Notices

Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata

Hey guys. Thanks for all the help so far!!!
I starting leaning my fuel out a little bit at a time - mostly at idle. i would pull some fuel, burn a chip, put it in, start it and watch the a/fs and how much **** is coming out my tail pipe. Then afterwords i would pull the plugs. everytime they were still rich, but have started to get better
Here is the map i am running now. i revved it up a bit and shot little black puddles all over the garage floor behind my tail pipe it still hesisates from the low end when you get on it, but not nearly as bad.
here is the table i am running now.

should i be messing with the ign tables at all??? i havent cause i dont wanna **** **** up.
Thanks again all
Old 07-25-2003, 06:46 AM
New User

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (Burke)

dyno tuning is the ONLY safe way to tune....
Old 07-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (GSR_Hacker)

yea i know that. but there are no close dynos.
I have an ntk l1h1, but no controller yet. i think i might buy a techedge unit this weekend. i'll have to build it, but no big deal. then i datalog with my palm pilot
Old 07-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (Burke)

wow, gsr_hacker...that's some insightful ****, shocking really
I think you could safely add .5* of timing to boost (since it should be retarded 1*/psi right now which is conservative)...
Old 07-25-2003, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (ion_four)

i would stop right now. i can tell you right now your whole map looks lean.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (94goldjungsr)

hmmm, its still fouling plugs and putting Plumes of gases in the air. when i backed out this morning there was a puddle of gas that leaked out between the axle back flanges!! its was all dirty and ****.
i getting to my wits end. the a/f says rich as hell all the time and so does all the **** im spitting out. any suggestions??
could i have my injectors wired wrong???? would that keep them open all the time???? i getting like maybe 10 miles to the gallon. well i have only been driving to 5 miles to school and back.
im pretty sure the injectors are wired right. i might pull the box off and just put in 10 ohm resistors to see if that cures it????
Thanks for the help guys!! its much appreciated!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:53 AM

you have 450s right? i tuned a car on uberdata with 450s similar to your setup (b18b t3/t4e) and i just looked at the map and yours is a LOT leaner
Old 07-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (94goldjungsr)

yea i got 450's. with resistor box
i dont understand, i shouldnt be running so damn rich. could it be my injectors????
could you send a copy of that map my way so i can do some comparing????
i thinking it must be my injectors??? what else could it be???? i may try to borrow my buddy's 550 and see if i can get it to run
Thanks for the help
Old 07-25-2003, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt worry about it. Every motor is going to be different, so what looks lean oh his setup might still be rich for yours like you suspect. I would just stop while your ahead and pick up that wideband kit. Keep an eye on the plugs in the meantime.

Also, having excessive ignition retard is going to let a bit more unburnt fuel mixture escape too, so keep that in mind.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (rioninja)

yea i see what you are saying. but this is insane!!! i pulled out almost all of the fuel and its still rich as hell. its leaving puddles of gas!!!
i thought my resistor box might be messed up so i removed it and spliced in 10 ohm resisitors and nothing. still the same. anyway to tell if the injectors are staying open all the time??? maybe they are fucked up?? when i pull the plugs even after an idle, smoke comes out of the hole, is this unburnt fuel from the inj staying open??
i borrowed a buddy's 550's so i am gonna toss them in tomorrow, short the resistors, burn a map and hope they work
Again thank you everyone for the help. i really appreciate all the help, advise and suggestions you are giving me
wish me luck
Old 07-25-2003, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (GSR_Hacker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSR_Hacker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dyno tuning is the ONLY safe way to tune....</TD></TR></TABLE>

to extract max power yea, but not to run safely. just need a wb for that..
Old 07-25-2003, 06:34 PM

do you have a fule pressure guage? you could have a stuck fpr or something.. that has happened to me before
Old 07-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (Phoenix GSR)

hmmm i dont have a fuel pressure gauge. perhaps i'll pick one up tomorrow. could i use one from my d15????
Thanks
Old 07-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are u sure its gas leaking from the exhaust or is it condensation?
Old 07-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (turbod16y8)

yea its gas. im sure. smells, looks, and tastes like it. i putting 550 in my car right now, so i'll let you know how it goes
Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Banned

Hey everybody. ITS RUNNING GOOD!!!!
i tried the 550's, no good. changed the fpr, no good, finally i chipped my old ecu, and WAHLAAA!!!!! runs great!!! this car flies
i can just smell clutch after a hard pull or two. its only got like 50 miles on it. so maybe i should take it easy on it. nah this is too FUN!!!!
now all i gotta do it get my right front rotor turned and all should be well.
THanks again everyone. i really appreciate all the help. you are all the reason why h-t kicks so much ***!!
Old 07-26-2003, 05:22 PM

so you had a bad chip or ecu? how come no cel
Old 07-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (XDEep)

pretty sure ecu. cause i put the chip in the other one and its runs great!! except i get a code 3 MAP sensor every now and then. sometimes at part throttle in 5th at like 2grand and sometimes on full boost in any other gear.
maybe the injector drivers are fucked or something. anybody know how i can maybe savlage the ecu. Can i get trouble shoot it and maybe replace the bad chip.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2003, 10:10 PM

who soldered it? might need to be resoldered or any detached traces fixed
Old 07-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (XDEep)

i soldered it and i looked at my solders and they look pretty good. they dont look any worse than the ones i did on my dx ecu. should i wick it out and try to resolder it?
Thanks all
Old 07-27-2003, 01:52 PM

are you just using the OEM honda ignition or did you buy an MSD?
Old 07-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Banned

Default Re: Editted some fuel tables - here is what i got now - Uberdata (Sleek98)

OEM