Notices

Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test

So I got a chance to trade a fellow shop for the Edelbrock Victor X Manifold (which I didnt like at all) for a brand new Skunk2 Intake Manifold (PRO Series) for my GSR Head LSVTEC Turbo Setup.

Comparison was done 1 day apart...days were comparable (but dyno accounts for atmospheric conditions).

ALL THINGS LEFT EQUAL except changing the manifolds. The tune was left the same...it will be richened up a tad as it went a little lean for my liking (because of the power increase.

I also had to change my VTEC point down from 5600 to 4800 (more normal) and the shape of the graph actually looks nicer now than it did before.

Determination:

Lower Boost, lower rev motor...Skunk2 PRO Series FTW

I know this is already known by a lot of people...posting for posterity
Old 10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
HT White Ops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (xenocron)

Nice but I would have thought the Edlebrock would make more power. Can't wait to put my AIR intake manifold to use!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (SD_Lurker)

neat... i had no idea skunk out performed the edelbrock....
Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (SD_Lurker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice but I would have thought the Edlebrock would make more power. Can't wait to put my AIR intake manifold to use! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i love my AIR manifold

nice test chris, i like the skunk2 over the edelbrock as well, never did like mine much
Old 10-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i love my AIR manifold

nice test chris, i like the skunk2 over the edelbrock as well, never did like mine much</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was MASSIVE in my DA engine bay as well...where there isnt much room to begin with.

We'll see how upping the boost, adding Water/Meth and my track times do once I get back from SEMA
Old 10-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (mrbsponge)

I can see your getting use out of the dyno

Glad to see that you figured out your late vtec engagement wierdness :-p
Old 10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (mtber)

since everyone loves the air manifold so much i will let you all know i have one for sale.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (miller)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since everyone loves the air manifold so much i will let you all know i have one for sale. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Send it to me and I'll do another test
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (xenocron)

excellent comparison chris. at 400+ and higher revving i think the results would benefit the victor x. the skunk2 is the obvious better manifold for your setup though
Old 10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i need to sell it, it is just sitting around collecting dust.

I had one on my car turbo car over 3 years ago and i loved it. This one i need gone to make room for my new one.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for sharing
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wonder how this compair's to a stock intake mani.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (Tony the Tiger)

nice job, I personally hate the vicX manifold it looks like a rocket launcher, but for higher hp we have 2 use it
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (1fastEK9)

Lovely test!! So much more usable mid power!! I bet she drives differently now too!!

Modified by mRek9R at 1:09 AM 10/31/2007
Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (miller)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since everyone loves the air manifold so much i will let you all know i have one for sale. </TD></TR></TABLE>

PM me ill start the offer at $900
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is the edelbrock Victor X Manifold now for sale?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad you couldnt rev it out longer. Looks at 8200rpm the Edelbrock started to pull ahead.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test (tony413)

GREAT INFO!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

puttin that dyno to use i like it, im def still gonna go with the victor x for my setup though....
Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 PM

how about a performer x vs skunk2 vs fullrace vs jdm itr
Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NAB18CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAB18CR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about a performer x vs skunk2 vs fullrace vs jdm itr</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you know the amount to work, in just to do this test, let alone throing 3 more manifolds into the mix, just be gratefull that he was willing to show his results, testing products isnt free. and most that do this dont make results public. just my .02 cents. good test! (even though i see X's ) lol

chris
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (T4eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T4eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you know the amount to work, in just to do this test, let alone throing 3 more manifolds into the mix, just be gratefull that he was willing to show his results, testing products isnt free. and most that do this dont make results public. just my .02 cents. good test! (even though i see X's ) lol

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

who are you kidding chris loves to do things like this, Xenocron FTW end of story

besides the performer x, s2 and jdm itr are very similar in design so i would tend to guess that if there is a difference in power it would be minimal and probably in different parts throughout the powerban. as far as full race manifold, thats another story, that is one manifold id like to see tested but idk if chris has an extra thousand and some to buy one lol
- jared
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. Em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who are you kidding chris loves to do things like this, Xenocron FTW end of story

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not saying he does or doesnt, just saying alot of work is involved in doing back to back tests, that people dont realize.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (T4eg)

It does suck that you could not rev it out more. I believe that's where the S2 will become more restrictive. Also at the higher power levels is where the X will shine.

I have a Full Race IM I will send you to test for 100% free if you pay for shipping and insurance both ways

Or you can just buy it from me because I don't need it anymore

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">besides the performer x, s2 and jdm itr are very similar in design so i would tend to guess that if there is a difference in power it would be minimal and probably in different parts throughout the powerban. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The ITR manifold will not fit on the GSR head for one. And it is also not as similar to the pro skunk as you may think. Remember we are not talking about the old skunk manifolds (that are nearly identical to the R IM). This is the new pro series which is quite different.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: (White Smoke)

I would love to take you up on that offer...I just dont know if I can right now. It is slightly time consuming and costly, especially when I am paying an employee doing the labor.

Trade you the Skunk2 for your Full Race

I had the chance to take a straight up trade so I took it and at the same time figured I could do a nice test.

It's certainly tempting though as I do like seeing this kind of data...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It does suck that you could not rev it out more. I believe that's where the S2 will become more restrictive. Also at the higher power levels is where the X will shine.

I have a Full Race IM I will send you to test for 100% free if you pay for shipping and insurance both ways

Or you can just buy it from me because I don't need it anymore

The ITR manifold will not fit on the GSR head for one. And it is also not as similar to the pro skunk as you may think. Remember we are not talking about the old skunk manifolds (that are nearly identical to the R IM). This is the new pro series which is quite different.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Victor X versus Skunk2 PRO Series Intake Manifold Dyno Test