Notices

Edelbrock turbo b16a2, headstuds, and clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock turbo b16a2, headstuds, and clutch

hey guys, im gonna turbo my b16 possibly with the Edelbrock kit and im looking to run like 7 psi daily or around 220whp. my motor is getting a new head put on so im wondering if i should get ARP headstuds while the head is off. im not looking to get all crazy but ive heard that headstuds are a good precautionary measure. now, at 220whp would you guys recommend an upgraded clutch? if so id like to keep the stock feel, anyout there that do this?

also, the edelbrock kit is complete with a piggback unit for the 7psi of boost, does anyone know if it would add more fuel if i turn up the boost to 10 for the very rare freeway pull? i know that for the d16 kit it is pretuned for up to 11 psi but im not sure about the b series kit. thanks for any help
Old 09-29-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock turbo b16a2, headstuds, and clutch (gtz)

Def get the ARP's,the clutch you will want somthing beefier and i firmly believe in going at least a little overkill on the clutch.Maybe go with a 6puck sprung kit and there is alot of brands etc just cruise the sponsors i always use LSD Motorsports clutches as they have outstanding customer service and great clutches for quite reasonable prices.Which kit are you getting the offer a Performer X kit with management or a Victor X without.I would get the Victor X and go with Crome,Neptune,Hondata etc for management and get it tuned.That is a pretty solid kit and looks like they really put some work into designing a quality well engineered setup
Old 09-30-2006, 01:36 AM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock turbo b16a2, headstuds, and clutch (pgmatt)

would my motor be pretty reliable at 220whp? what is a good goal/limit for reliability?

would it be worth it to get crome, uber, or hondata just to tune it to 220whp if the performer X kit will do that with the piggyback? anyone know if that kit can compensate fuel for added boost? im not looking to get all crazy cause reliablility is key for me. id like 220whp daily driven and maybe 250whp for the occasional run, can this be done by simply turning up teh boost and it will auto compensate? im def gonna go with the edelbrock kit but i dont know which version, i like that the performer X is smog legal cause i live in cali but is the piggyback really that bad if ima keep it below 250, mostly at 220whp

anyhelp would be appreciated
Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

anyone?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 PM

You would be better of with Crome,Hondata,Neptune etc.Get it tuned for say 250whp and then just turn the boost down a bit if you want less for daily commute.I dont know much about the fuel setup that Edelbrock gives you with the Performer X kit other then it is 4 extra injectors and a controller.It is setup to take out of the box and safely run the car with the turbi kit installed so there is no worries there Im just not sure if they give you software to tune it with to go past the boost setting the kit comes with or not.Either way Crome etc is just easier and finding a tuner is easy.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock turbo b16a2, headstuds, and clutch (pgmatt)

thanx